Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Big Show is overexposed to the point we don't care that he's a giant. If they booked him in a similar manner to The Undertaker in recent years, he'd get massive reactions and he would be a credable monster again.

The same thing goes with Mark Henry and a lot of the other big guys. They're simply seen to often to really come across as a threat.

...that and the booking of "Super Cena" hasn't helped.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Oh come on, you don't have to like him but to call him the biggest flop in wrestling history is downright retarded. The fact he's a proven draw kills your statement about him being a flop. If anything, he's a huge (no pun intended) success. A guy like Big Show who main attribute is his size doesn't have that long of a shelf live. The fact he is still around 13 years after his WWE debut is highly impressive.

Other 7 footers to replace him? Who? There really is none. I'd much rather of had Show running around for the last 13 years that Khali.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
The trouble with Big Show is that he isn't treated like a big bad ass, he's treated like a big baby. They have humiliated him, mocked him and squashed him countless times, but then every year or so we get another Big Show push - like we're supposed to just forget that Akebono and Floyd Mayweather embarrassed him. He gets booked like a dumb-ass too much to be any kind of threat anymore.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Biggest flop in wrestling history? LOL yeah, alright... :kenny

Granted, Big Show has been stale and not very entertaining for the past 10 years but there is no way he is a flop.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
The trouble with Big Show is that he isn't treated like a big bad ass, he's treated like a big baby. They have humiliated him, mocked him and squashed him countless times, but then every year or so we get another Big Show push - like we're supposed to just forget that Akebono and Floyd Mayweather embarrassed him. He gets booked like a dumb-ass too much to be any kind of threat anymore.
God Akebono was a joke, at least Mayweather gave a shit about what he was doing and was quite enjoyable as well. Not to mention, Akebono has embarrassed himself in the past decade, so owning show was even worse

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,357 Posts
I really really can't stand the guy, but he is not biggest flop (even though he sucks). He still has a good career and won all the titles at least once

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
How the hell is a flop? He's won basically every title you can win in the WWE. He's the only person to win the WWE, WCW, and ECW (WWE version) championships. He has been a part of some money maker feuds with the likes of Floyd Mayweather. He has switched from heel to face and vice versa countless times in his career, yet he is still over.

The only flop here is this thread.
This.

·
Registered
21,617 Posts
OP obviously doesn't have a vast depth of wrestling knowledge otherwise he'd know how foolish he sounds saying Big Show is the biggest flop ever.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Man Big Show was in crazy good shape up until 2002. He did dropkicks, jumped over the ropes etc.

I've never had anything against Big Show. For a guy his size, he is really talented.

I agree Big Show has been pretty boring for quite some time now but I respect him and he's one helluva athlete.

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
the big guy has been a great worker! he may not be an austin or a rock but he was never going to be... he was booked as the big monster for faces to overcome! then startted getting face pushes once the holy shit hes huge wore down and got over with the fans.... kids love him... he sells shit... he does what he's told and seems an all round nice guy.. he has won everythign there is too win... has drawn with special matches at wm.... sure he aint going to go down as a taker or hbk or austin or rock or cena... but hes in there with the kanes, eddie g,owen hart,bulldogs... no shame in that at all.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I hate Big Show just as much as the OP however he is not the biggest flop in wrestling history. To be honest however no one of big shows size should be a wwe wrestler let alone pushed to the max. I guess Vince is a little like Kevin Nash

21 - 40 of 64 Posts