Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,837 Posts
If you asked Daniel Bryan he would say Orton is the best wrestler he's been in the ring with.
lol I know, that’s why i said wtf, he’s the most overrated by his peers IMO. I don’t see how he touches the top 10-15% of the roster in terms of in ring abilities. No but seriously, his “great”
matches are freaking rare. Once every couple of years he’ll pull out a match worth repeat watch.. not really Best Wrestler material to me.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Orton and Lesnar are the only two wrestlers I make sure to keep up with in WWE, I look for their stuff on twitter to see if their segment is worth going back and watching.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
lol I know, that’s why i said wtf, he’s the most overrated by his peers IMO. I don’t see how he touches the top 10-15% of the roster in terms of in ring abilities. No but seriously, his “great”
matches are freaking rare. Once every couple of years he’ll pull out a match worth repeat watch.. not really Best Wrestler material to me.
I do understand the point you make about match quality in recent years, but I imagine his peers, knowing what it's like to be in the ring, admire Orton in a diffrient way to the fans. He does make everything look real and legit, the way he moves around, the facial expressions ect. I don't think any other superstar has been more convincing as being unhinged or crazy as Randy Orton. Even the way he wrestlers keeps in tune with his character, he moves around like a viper and acts like he actually does hear voices.

He has great technical ability, can work with pretty much anyone and knows how to tell a good story. Sure the modern WWE style does not suit Randy as well and he'll never have a 'wrestling observer 5 star match". You'll will never see Randy involved in a move fest match where none of it means anything. You won't see Orton in finisher fest matches where the RKO gets kicked out of 100 times because he would never allow that to happen, the fact that he's managed to keep his finish so protected 15 years later is pretty incredible. Orton stays true to old school wrestling like it's a real competition and not like a lot of the new generation which just accept that everyone knows it's a work so who cares whether it's believable.

And I would think the wrestlers with old school mentality, like Flair, Big Show, Daniel Bryan, hell even CM Punk said nobody was better than a motivated Orton, appreciate those qualities more then the fans do.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,599 Posts
He is, people need to stop pretending Rollins isn't an untalented, useless joke of a Wrestler. He sucks at everything except chaining together spots.
Yep, people do need to quit pretending that Seth Rollins is "an untalented, useless joke of a wrestler." Oh, wait a minute. There are still some folks who still believe that false nonsense to be true ?

For someone who apparently "sucks at everything," Rollins sure does a pretty good job as an overall performer since he's great in the ring, can be very good on the mic (which is further demonstrated by his promos lately), is really charismatic, plays the role of a heel exceptionally well (especially in his current run), can believably perform his Messiah character (while also altering his look for the better so he can have the appearance of a delusional cultist), and he's actually able to draw heat consistently as a heel while being part of entertaining segments/storylines.

Thankfully, Big Show is one of the many people who can ACTUALLY see that Seth Rollins (along with Randy Orton) as one of the best talents that the WWE has on the main roster atm.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,078 Posts
Yep, people do need to quit pretending that Seth Rollins is "an untalented, useless joke of a wrestler." Oh, wait a minute. There are still some folks who still believe that false nonsense to be true ?

For someone who apparently "sucks at everything," Rollins sure does a pretty good job as an overall performer since he's great in the ring, can be very good on the mic (which is further demonstrated by his promos lately), is really charismatic, plays the role of a heel exceptionally well (especially in his current run), can believably perform his Messiah character (while also altering his look for the better so he can have the appearance of a delusional cultist), and he's actually able to draw heat consistently as a heel while being part of entertaining segments/storylines.

Thankfully, Big Show is one of the many people who can ACTUALLY see that Seth Rollins (along with Randy Orton) as one of the best talents that the WWE has on the main roster atm.
As I said this Era or Pro Wrestling is absolute garbage when someone as untalented as Seth Rollins is considered great. The fact that people keep acting like he has any personality, charisma or mic skills at all is a testament to just how lacking those attributes are thesedays. Its such a shitty, untalented roster, and the McMahons have buried anyone who actually posses real Pro Wrestling talent that badly that untalented dung heaps like Rollins appear to have talent by comparison.

Honestly the fact that people still continue to claim Rollins is good on the mic is an absolute insult to all the people in Pro Wrestling history who are actually good on the mic.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Pretty sure he was refering more strictly to WWE. Styles and Bryan are great although so are Orton and Rollins, I can see where Big Show is coming from.
Except he said that they were the best in the business thereby encompassing all promotions. I don't see it. Rollins just outright sucks and is not a capable performer at all. His only decent quality right now is that people enjoy him making an a** out of himself on live TV ("messiah of monday night raw"? Seriously? He's more a moron of monday night raw). Orton at the very least did some solid promo work during in 2009 run, but that was 11 years ago. His in ring work is ok when he's not using too many rest holds but lets not pretend he's this great performer on par with the top level guys in the business. He's not.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Orton is one of the best without a doubt. Sure he doesn't do high risk spots but he's fantastic at everything he does do. As someone else pointed out, it is the little things and his story telling is second to none in my opinion. Sure he sometimes goes through the motions but let's remember how long he's been in the game for and the reality is, even when he is going through the motions he's still better than most on the roster. Future HOF without a doubt, his career, achievements and overall talent cant be disputed. He's one of the best in the business.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm sorry Rollins sounds too dorky and not believable enough when he cuts promos. Hes painful to listen to sometimes.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts