Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Banned
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any thoughts on how far Big E could go when The New Day split up?

Seems to me that he has completely immersed himself in this new gimmick and stopped being so self aware in his promos.

If he could keep that funny/goofy side to him and add a little seriousness as a singles competitor then I don't see any reason why he couldn't be really popular in his own right someday.

It's easy to forget the guy is near 300lbs and is a solid in-ring worker because he is playing his role so well but the guy is a genuine freak athlete and it now appears he has a lot of charisma too.

· Registered
69 Posts
I think Big E definitely belongs in the higher end of the card. He is a bigger guy that moves well, and has a huge personality to go with it. I think if he keeps that and possibly brings in a bit of his NXT persona with the 5 count then he will be a possible contender for the big one. I am not saying he will ever hold it, but some people can surprise you.

· Registered
10,455 Posts
I just see him as upper mid card. I don't think he'll ever hold the heavyweight title, especially with golden boy Roman around.

· Registered
2,937 Posts
He has the charisma, the look & the power moves to have him in the main event. I think he needs to improve on his mic skills but Goldberg & Brock have shown that mic skills aren't that important if you have a great look & charisma. However he does has to be able to pull off a voice that isn't just a preacher if he wants to be taken serious.

He has a great amount of potential, I wanna see him as champ one day.

· Registered
7,317 Posts
He has one of the higher ceilings on the roster. Just needs more of a kinda "fuck you" type of attitude as opposed to the goofy guy. I like Big E though, I think he's better than a guy like Cesaro who people on here are ready to take a bullet for.

· Premium Member
4,496 Posts
I love Big E butI really worry for him once the folks in power get bored of the new day I can see him ending up as house show cannon fodder.

It's a shame but when it comes to the midcard WWE has a nasty habit of using you for a little while the relegating you to Jobber forever.

· From parts unknown
34,591 Posts
Comedy mid-carder at best. He was given a shot at playing a serious character and bombed completely. I don't think he has it in him to play a non-goofy character.

For all the goofiness of Rock's personality, he had a serious side as well. Same with Cena.

If Big E wants to be taken seriously, he needs to develop his character into one that's goofy at times, but knows how to deliver a more serious persona when it matters. But I don't think he has the ability to do so and that's what's going to keep him rooted to the mid-card.

· Banned
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Comedy mid-carder at best. He was given a shot at playing a serious character and bombed completely. I don't think he has it in him to play a non-goofy character.

For all the goofiness of Rock's personality, he had a serious side as well. Same with Cena.

If Big E wants to be taken seriously, he needs to develop his character into one that's goofy at times, but knows how to deliver a more serious persona when it matters. But I don't think he has the ability to do so and that's what's going to keep him rooted to the mid-card.
In fairness he was thrown right into the top of the card when he debuted and it was clear that neither WWE or himself had any definitive character in mind. He was just the muscle of Ziggler for a while.

His IC title reign was one of a number of forgettable ones around that time.

I think he has benefited from working with Xavier and Kofi and any future singles push could be aided by the fact that he now knows how to show some personality.

You might be right and he may never end up being able to flesh out a better character as a singles act but i think the potential to do so is definitely there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.