Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who didn't Smackdown, after CM Punk defeated Big E Langston, Paul Heyman came out with Ryback and Curtis Axel while cutting a promo against Punk referred to Langston as a "marginal at best rookie". This is followed by Axel and Ryback making their way to the ring to attack Punk who was in the ring by himself but as they were about to attack Punk, Langston came back into the ring and helped Punk fight Ryback and Axel. This in turn caused a face turn for Langston who since Summerslam has made appearances few and far between and this seems like they finally have something for him. Seeing as R-Truth seemingly finished as a feud for Axel and his Intercontinental Title it would make sense for Langston to now feud with Axel over the title.

Do you think Langston and Axel will feud? If so, do you think Langston will win the Championship?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm pretty certain it'll happen. I was kind of worrying about him as he seemed to be becoming jobber talent after leaving AJ but this face turn is great news, he's far to good a talent in-ring and on the mic not to do something with.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yes I think they'll definitely feud. I hope Langston is put in some sort of match this upcoming raw to earn number 1 contender status. Maybe a battle royal or a triple threat with R-Truth and Kofi Kingston. Then he'll be able to send a serious message to Axel that he's coming for him. I definitely don't want to see Langston vs Axel on Raw with the rematch at HIAC for the title. We haven't seen this match yet. Keep it fresh. Not to mention a number 1 contenders match would be a great match for raw as it gives people a real reason to pay attention. There are way too many random matches at the moment.

·
The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,164 Posts
I hope so, first off Axel Curtis is one of my least favorites in the WWE. He has some good matches but he's just so damn boring. I'm really digging Big E Langston though, he has a great look, from what I've seen he has decent mic skills and he's pretty fun to watch in the ring.

If given time, and good booking I think Big E can become one of WWE's biggest stars.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,843 Posts
Doing this would basically be admitting defeat with the Axel experiment.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
One face turn and everyone's on board the Big E train. I've liked Big E. for some time, particularly when my initial thoughts about him were "what a big, dumb looking guy". I just grew to like him and even more so when I started watching some NXT.

I just hope they don't ruin him. I think they are desperate for ratings, and I don't want to see Big E. peak too early like some in the past (Miz, Drew Mac, Ryback, etc.). Now is the best time ever to start back with some mid card story lines and feuds.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully, hopefully, hopefully.

FIVE

·
Banned
117 Posts
Big E on a comedic feud with Ryback and Heyman would spice things up the midcard scene.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts