Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Queen of all Galaxies
Goddess of Time
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hide your belt, Lashley.

Very good match. Two babyfaces won MITB this year.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
54,075 Posts
As Michael Cole would say....

"BIG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!111!!!"

I miss that Cole smiley of his little dingle-berry face. Bring it back!

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,193 Posts
At least its someone new and different. Rather than just Rollins or Drew.

Have to say though Big E's solo run so far has been really, REALLY underwhelming so Im not that excited by this (yet). Its cliche but maybe a heel turn would benefit him, just something to distance Big E completely from the New Day Big E and present him in a different light. There's guys like Sami Zayn on the roster who regularly showcase moments of brilliance with limited TV time, and poor booking that I'd prefer to see in this spot. Nothing Big E has done in his current solo run has made me want to see him at the top of the card.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Great match, and I've been the longest supporter of Big E getting a world title shot, but his recent IC run proves he's not ready, or may never be. Nakamura or Rollins should have won it.

·
Southern Pride
5,207 Posts
Well I haven't always been a supporter of Big E having a singles run but I don't mind him winning MITB.

Either him or Riddle would have been fine with me.

Rollins doesn't need it to get another title shot
McIntyre needs a different direction for awhile
Kevin Owens needs to stay out of the title hunt for awhile after losing to Reigns multiple times
Morrison and Ricochet, no way they were going to win the title if they won MITB. THAT would have been a waste.
Nakamura I am honestly losing interest in thanks to WWE.

Hopefully Big E targets Lashley. I don't have an issue with Lashley's current title reign but it just makes sense for Big E to target the guy that has been feuding with Kofi.

·
Registered
I'm WHAT IT IS!
171 Posts
Vince Russo said a shocking Mick Foley-like championship win could make Big E iconic. I agree. He's a good MITB pick.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Meh. He has no momentum or anything interesting around him.

When you have actual new and fun guys like Riddle instead of capitalizing on his current popularity you just give it to a guy very few people cares about .

Big E is just a way inferior version of Lashley

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I'm surprised to see all this Big E doubts. Sure he's booked as a goofy smiley babyface, but who isn't? The man has a fair bit of charisma, good build & really solid mic skills too. Who else on Smackdown can contend with Roman atm? There are hardly any contenders. Big E has been around for a while, and this is well deserved after Kofi had his time to shine. He doesn't look like he'd be a chump in the ring against a guy like Roman either.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm surprised to see all this Big E doubts. Sure he's booked as a goofy smiley babyface, but who isn't? The man has a fair bit of charisma, good build & really solid mic skills too. Who else on Smackdown can contend with Roman atm? There are hardly any contenders. Big E has been around for a while, and this is well deserved after Kofi had his time to shine. He doesn't look like he'd be a chump in the ring against a guy like Roman either.
I agree that Big E is the best candidate. One that has been deprived of a title shot to point where he started dreaming so much of MITB briefcase.

Maybe he will cash in on either Cena or Roman. (Normally I would expect it to be a long match and therefore a good time to cash in, but this is 2021 and not 2017)

Roman will have the Usos, but then Big E has the New Day.

Cena could also win and then Big E could cash in on him.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I agree that I much rather would have seen Zayn in E’s position, but with that said Big E made the most sense of the competitors in the match. I’m willing to give it a chance.

At least its someone new and different. Rather than just Rollins or Drew.

Have to say though Big E's solo run so far has been really, REALLY underwhelming so Im not that excited by this (yet). Its cliche but maybe a heel turn would benefit him, just something to distance Big E completely from the New Day Big E and present him in a different light. There's guys like Sami Zayn on the roster who regularly showcase moments of brilliance with limited TV time, and poor booking that I'd prefer to see in this spot. Nothing Big E has done in his current solo run has made me want to see him at the top of the card.
Hide your belt, Lashley.

Very good match. Two babyfaces won MITB this year.

·
Registered
984 Posts

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,193 Posts
What specifically do you not like about his solo run?

Keep in mind he got cheated out of the IC belt three times---> I believe there is a huge opportunity right now in WWE...
Nothing has wowed me about it at all. He hasn't had any great matches, he hasn't cut any great promos, he hasn't been working an incredible character/gimmick. He hasn't done anything out of the norm to make himself stand out at all. He hasn't done anything to make me want to see more of him higher up the card.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts