Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,883 Posts
Some of y'all need to take a chill pill.

Wrestling has always had those guys. Chris Jericho was that guy. Bret Hart was that guy. Shawn Michaels was that guy. Ricky Steamboat was that guy. Barry Windham was that guy. As cliche as it sounds, a guy that "can get a good match out of a broomstick". As long you possess some kind of skills and ability in the ring, these guys can enhance that. It's not a negative against anybody. It's a way of saying these guys are the absolute best in the world at what they do, do you understand what I'm saying to you right now?

Clearly, some don't, never will and will continue with the typical overreactions. I wonder about this forum sometimes...like how did half of you even get here?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
So if Big E has a bad match with Styles he doesen't belong in this buisness? So the past 30 years of WWE, none of the matches mattered before Styles showed up. No one ever had a great match. Finnally the second coming, well THE coming has arrived Lol. Come on I like Styles. But is getting a tad ridiclous.
That's entirely a straw man. The point of the statement is fairly obvious. If you are unable to have a good match with AJ Styles, then you are not a good wrestler. Much like Ric Flair. Flair was known to be able to make anyone look good. If he couldn't have a good match with you, then you weren't a good wrestler, because you lack the requisite skills to perform with someone who can perform with people of any nominal level of skills.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
I like AJ but this statement is ridiculous. The last thing a wrestler should be concerned with is having a good match with AJ Styles.

If your goal isn't to win the World Title, you don't belong in the business.
You know wrestling is fake right? That is like saying well if your goal isnt to be world champion in a rocky movie you dont deserve to be in a rocky movie as a boxer

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
So hes saying that AJ Styles is the only good worker, way to bury the whole roster.

And whats up with Big E talking about wrestling? hes just a comedy character, he doesnt belong to the same world of AJ Styles. Its is as if The Rock criticize academy winners, hes just a super hero actor movie.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I like AJ but this statement is ridiculous. The last thing a wrestler should be concerned with is having a good match with AJ Styles.

Wow, first post and we're already off the mark.

Way to completely misinterpret what he was saying.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Not good words of wisdom by Big E, unless he meant it purely on how great in the ring AJ is. And was just complimenting AJ.

I you aren't striving to be better than you were yesterday, then that should probably mean you shouldn't be in the business.

·
Banned
10,724 Posts
I don't think Big E is wrong. He is right, Styles is the best wrestler in the world. And if you can't get a good match out of him somethings wrong. But you shoulden't be in this buisness. I think he should of said something like. Ahh you know Styles is the best in the world, and you can't teach that :D. But basically you know taking a shit on the roster, oh if you cant get a good match out of styles fuck off huh :lol. I get where he was coming from I just think wrong choice of words.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So if I say I can't have sex with Jennifer Lawerence. You shoulden't actually be living :lol. That's it throw in the towel. I am never gonna bang Jennifer Lawerence, so whats the point huh. Look I get where Big E is coming from. Styles is awesome. But it is almost like he is suggested, he is the be end and end all. And if you can't get a good match out of Styles, then just f off. Their have been great matches wrestlers have had in the WWE well before Styles came along. I have to agree it maybe all kayfabe, or a work. Really trying to get Styles over. He already is over anyway, well sort of..
I've lurked on this board for a couple years and never made an account. I just made one and this will probably be one of my only posts I ever make, but I felt the need to make an account just topoint out how incredibly dense you are as a human being.

I mean, when you think real hard you probably nearly have a stroke. Please don't ever run for any important government jobs in the future.

Now...back to lurking I go....

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
So hes saying that AJ Styles is the only good worker, way to bury the whole roster.

And whats up with Big E talking about wrestling? hes just a comedy character, he doesnt belong to the same world of AJ Styles. Its is as if The Rock criticize academy winners, hes just a super hero actor movie.
Don't drag the Rock into this

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts

I totally disagree with this. Your main objective as a wrestler is to get as much money for yourslef and to support your family. It the World title can bring you that, kudos to you, but if there are other means to make tons of money then the world title is secondary, just look at the careers of the The Undertaker, Andre The Giant, Scott Hall and Jake Roberts to name a few.

If you are a mark for the business and the world belt, you will end up broke like Flair and others in the business, who worked FOR the business. Vince would not hesitate one second to replace you the very minute you hurt yourself, with no one to pay for your bills except you.

There is partly a reason why the likes of Hogan, Warrior, Goldberg, Sting Lesnar made money - because they saw the wrestling business as just a business where there were several ways to earn money, getting the world title was one way of getting this.

Reactions: duanculo

·
Registered
224 Posts
WoW so many fanboys in this thread that can't handle the truth. It's true boys, someone that hasn't been WWE and has succeeded without it and is Effing awesome deserves the praise because he is that good. If you can't see that you're probably the same people who thinks Cena puts on consistently good matches and yeah you're delusional.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts