Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Meh. It didn't make a whole lot of sense to bring him up as "generic strongman heel bodyguard" to begin with. Should've kept his NXT character, would've probably gotten him somewhat over. Maybe they'll do something with him now.

·
Registered
702 Posts
He's turned face, you don't need a question mark. He should take the Intercontinental Championship off Axel. I think that match is going to happen at HIAC. That can lead to Axel being dumped as a Heyman guy (or quitting to aid Punk) and feuding with Ryback. It will also give the Intercontinental Championship a new direction. Big E is going to work much better as a face. He seems like a legitimate athlete who values fair competition, rather than a heel monster. He's been compared to Ryback by I think just the way they move, Ryback stalks around like a heel, Langston bounces around like a face. Little things like that do a lot for a character. Langston still has some way to go on the mic (although he's been given zero opportunity) but a midcard title run will allow him to show what he's got.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
I'm all for his his face turn. I see him doing great as a face rather than a heel. This should lead to him taking the Intercontinental title off of Curtis Axel.

·
Registered
835 Posts
If he uses his '5 count' like on NXT he'll get over straight away. He is a natural babyface. With the rumors a few month ago claiming wwe wants to give a super push to an african american, and the latest gossip about cena being his biggest fan don't be suprised to see Big E being. A lot higher up the card in 6 months time

·
Registered
826 Posts
he needs to use the five gimmick, it makes no sense to have his theme without ever acknowledging or using his gimmick that got him over at nxt. but i love it, hes a good face and i really like him

·
Registered
150 Posts
Weird. Just seeing Langston fighting heels gave my shivers and made me love him. I'm excited for Langston and he definitely gained a fan in me.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Thought it was a well executed face turn and I'm very happy the trigger has finally been pulled. Hope this will eventually lead to him taking the Intercontinental Championship from Axel real soon. Given his bloody great NXT run, Langston should have been a face to begin with... and with the same gimmick too. Seen plenty of his work there and you'd be surprised when I say he comes across as a natural face. Bring back his "Five" gimmick and I guarantee he'll once again get over straight away.

Wasn't really feeling him as Ziggler's personal bodyguard, mainly because I felt he wasn't intimidating enough for the role. If you ask me, I'd say a heel Mason Ryan should have been in that role as it was the original plan. You don't need talent to be intimidating and I think he fits the bill given how ripped he's gotten. There's intimidating presence right there for sure.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Big E is so much better suited as a face so it was good to see him finally turn tonight. Anyone who's seen his NXT work knows he's got a lot of charisma so I'm hoping he'll be able to show more of his personality when he hopefully rises up the card more these coming months.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
He's turned face, you don't need a question mark. He should take the Intercontinental Championship off Axel. I think that match is going to happen at HIAC. That can lead to Axel being dumped as a Heyman guy (or quitting to aid Punk) and feuding with Ryback. It will also give the Intercontinental Championship a new direction. Big E is going to work much better as a face. He seems like a legitimate athlete who values fair competition, rather than a heel monster. He's been compared to Ryback by I think just the way they move, Ryback stalks around like a heel, Langston bounces around like a face. Little things like that do a lot for a character. Langston still has some way to go on the mic (although he's been given zero opportunity) but a midcard title run will allow him to show what he's got.
That's what I was thinking too. Only makes perfect sense.

·
Premium Member
17,218 Posts
I marked out :)mark:). Thought it was a really good way to start a face turn. I mean, I'm pretty positive that's how it will go. Thinking of an IC match at HIAC for Big E, but then continue his face turn if he loses?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Always liked Big E. This should mean good things to come for him.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
It was awesome. He looked like a beast. Should deliver a lot better than Big Zeke.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Bout fucking time. Big E is terrific as a babyface. Cant wait to see what they do with him. Hopefully he gets a decent push out of this

1 - 20 of 73 Posts