Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Missy
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ProWrestling Net said:
Spike TV senior vice president Brian Diamond has been let go by the network. His official title was senior vice president of sports and specials for Spike TV.

Powell's POV: This is an interesting development, as Diamond was viewed by many as supporter of TNA Impact Wrestling. The network's loss of UFC to FOX probably didn't help his cause.
ProWrestling Net said:
Spike TV has named Jon Slusser to the newly created position of Senior VP/Sports & Multi-Platform Programming according to Sports Business Journal Daily. The story notes that Slusser will be pursuing "non-traditional events that fall into four categories: fighting (MMA), motorsports (like Motocross and Rallycross), lifestyle sports (like rugby, beach volleyball, rodeo and extreme skiing) and event sports (like New Year's Eve specials and stunts)."

Shore's Slant: I wouldn't read too much into wrestling not being on the list. If Spike TV is staying with TNA, then they wouldn't be looking to create competition within their own network. There has to be some concern in TNA today. Anytime management changes at the highest levels you never know what will happen (see WCW). But there is no indication that anything will change for TNA.
Not sure if this will affect TNA in the long run, but they may be feeling a little nervous right now.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
Spike is in for a rough time without the UFC, hell I'm watching UFC Unleashed right now, when that goes to FX, so will I, Deadliest Warrior is cool but that's it really, I don't even bother with TNA anymore.

Hopefully they grab Bellator and focus on it.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Like past reports or speculation about SpikeTV, this will probably lead to nothing big. If anything at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts