Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Here Comes The Money
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Big Cass suffered an injury to his left knee during the Brooklyn Street Fight against Enzo Amore on Raw, WWE.com can confirm. The injury occurred after Amore dodged a big boot by pulling down the top rope, sending Cass to the floor in the process.

“It’s hard to tell what the extent of the injury is, but we’re going to send him to get an MRI tomorrow and figure that out,” said WWE ringside physician Dr. Chris Robinson.

Stay with WWE.com as more details about Cass’ condition are revealed.
AUG. 22 UPDATE: An initial MRI of Big Cass' left knee shows that he will require surgery.

"It looks like he has an ACL tear, possibly a medial meniscus tear, but we’re going to wait for the radiologist to evaluate the MRI and give us their full report," WWE ringside physician Dr. Chris Robinson said.

The seven-footer will be undergoing surgery this week to repair the damage, which will be the start of a long road back to the squared circle.

“A typical ACL tear takes about nine months [to recover from],” Robinson said.
Don't care for this Amore/Cass program, but it's still a shame to witness that.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts
re: Big Cass Suffers Knee Injury On Raw; Out for upto 9 months

Inb4 it's a work. Clearly legit. Poor guy.

·
Registered
9,974 Posts

I never wish injury on anyone, but this might work out better for him. Hoping it's something he can just rehab without surgery. This way he gets out of this dreadful Enzo feud, he isn't on a crowded Raw being lost in the shuffle and when he comes back he gets a re-focus.

I'm not the biggest Cass fan, but I think he has potential. He's okay in the ring and showed intensity on the mic.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts

that sucks.hope he can recover.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts

Enzo is horrible at improvising though. He should have communicated with him to do the finish like usually happens when a guy gets injured mid match. Instead, he just danced around the ring like a clown and looked silly.

·
Registered
18,775 Posts

Just seen it again a couple mins ago in slow mo, yeah, that is a major knee injury. No "work" about that

I'm not a Big Cass fan, but hate seeing wrestlers suffer through severe injuries like that. Doing the shit they love. So here's to a speedy recovery for Cass.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

The way he landed looked bad, I hope he didn't injure it further by getting back into the ring. :( Get well soon Cass!

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts

He's a horrible performer and his absence will help the show, but I feel for him as a person. Hopefully it's not too severe and he can rehab it quickly.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,825 Posts

Yet another over pushed idiot with no real wrestling background and thrown into the limelight who can't take simple bumps correctly injured.. Shocker...

If you took the modern injury rate in WWE combined with workrate and risks they take, and applied it to the AE and RA era.. We wouldn't have an AE and RA and the entire roster would be on medical leave.

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,263 Posts

A blessing in disguise. This program was a case of "high risk, medium reward", so not too unsurprisingly, it wound up being an asinine waste of a very over tag team, with the only instance where this wasn't the case was in Boston when Cass cut a nice promo and the fans came through in the clutch by giving him a shit-ton of heat.

Hoping that Cass gets well soon, but not too soon, so that way this painfully stubborn company can actually give him and Amore at least decent programs.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.