Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guy's think about the fact that Orin Hatch :flip and his ball-less wonder friends are in favor of pushing a bill through congress to "Destroy your Computer" for anything they see as a crime? Even if you did not intentionally commit a "Crime?" :bs:

I agree to hunt down Pedophilesw and cut their nuts off. But you can see where the direction of Big Brother is heading... And I appreciate every moment I'm on line at Wrestling Edge!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Insane Shane said in post #1 :
What do you guy's think about the fact that Orin Hatch :flip and his ball-less wonder friends are in favor of pushing a bill through congress to "Destroy your Computer" for anything they see as a crime? Even if you did not intentionally commit a "Crime?" :bs:

I agree to hunt down Pedophilesw and cut their nuts off. But you can see where the direction of Big Brother is heading... And I appreciate every moment I'm on line at Wrestling Edge!
It's about anyone obtaining downloads, and copyright infringement. Orrin Hatch is a High ranking Senator representing Utah. And pulls a lot of weight with all kinds of conservative issues. i.e. Censorship, your music,The internet. He wants the Judiciary commitee to allow Federal Hackers to track, analyze, and send out a destructive virus that will irrepably wipe your hard drive & computer out. lol

·
Registered
887 Posts
This sounds really screwed up, I know I would sue their ass' but I don't know if we could win. Its the Feds or "Big Brother" we would have to beat the system.

I agree that Peodofiles should be prosecuted and other such nastiness, but what if your mate goes on your computer or something and he goes into a "forbidden" site...bye bye computer and it wasnt your fault.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
There's some debate in the UK at the moment where some employee is suing his/her employer for being sacked after the bosses spied on emails without informing them. Apparently, this is illegal under British law, because the person wasn't informed that they were being looked at.

This Senator's idea is kind of similar. Even if it was made law in the US, it couldn't be implemented in the UK, or many other places, because it wouldn't be legal there. Unless it isn't made legal, but still happened. That's just not on.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I heard about that on CNN, only it wasn't a virus and it doesn't wipe your hard drive. They said that if they found that you were downloading copyrighted music or software, they would give you two warnings and then they'd send a shock right through your firewall and fry your motherboard. Still, it won't happen because so many people would be pissed if the government started destroying their computers. Plus they wouldn't be able to do it to that many people. It probably wouldn't work with dial up anyway, so I'd be safe.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
chazzyboy3310 said in post #10 :
(Is young, ignorant and Doesnt understand)

hmmmmm i guess people should be allowed privacy on their pc except paedos
It's either all or nothing to get rid of this stuff. To know if someone had that stuff man they'd have to see it all, if they were trying to stop paedophilia on the internet they would have to be able to see every P.Cs content in the world and not give you any privacy in doing so, mind you there isn't a lot of privacy at the moment.

Too many people like Nitemare said would sue, it'd take too much money time and effort. Please don't say I have to name all my files in pig latin like on napster, that was annoying as hell!

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
I've heard something similar is going may happen with Kazaa, if you DL something you will get a warning that you are breaking the law, and if you continue, you will be prosecuted and face one of those fines that are like 100,000 dollars for copyright infringement or some shit like that.

That's for the US though, I heard it on the radio.

B

·
0 Posts
How can they? That is an invasion of our privacy. We have good laws here that could protect us against that kind of crap.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I agree with Nitemare on this one. If they did do anything like that, you could just sue them for (just about) everything they've got for invasion of privacy among other things. I highly doubt that the American government wants to have a shit load of Kazaa users filing lawsuits against them do they? However, the only exception for this 'method' that I see would be for PAEDOPHILES <--- spell it right!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts