Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Sasha's injured and these assholes knew that her name brings in money which is why she wasn't there. Has nothing to do with their feelings towards her one way or the other. Charlie's either facing becky or they're doing the four horsewomen match that nobody wants at wrestlemania.

Back on topic, no she's not. She did some buzzworthy shit but aint nobody gonna remember it by the time that she loses to rhea in about a month.

·
The EST of NXT
28,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Bianca did well in the match. When she and Charlotte were standing in the ring together it did feel big. The way that she slung Alexa when Alexa was pulling her hair made me laugh a little.

Bianca needs more of these moments to allow her to shine more.
I've been trying to educate the masses for the last 2 & 1/2 years. The first Mae Young Classic was all I needed to see Bianca's potential. People tried to discredit her and give it all to Kairi for a "carry job" but she's proven all of them wrong recently.

Back on topic, no she's not. She did some buzzworthy shit but aint nobody gonna remember it by the time that she loses to rhea in about a month.
Sasha became a star in defeat against Charlotte at NXT R-Evolution 2014. Bianca losing to Rhea will be no different.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,246 Posts
Bianca did well in the match. When she and Charlotte were standing in the ring together it did feel big. The way that she slung Alexa when Alexa was pulling her hair made me laugh a little.

Bianca needs more of these moments to allow her to shine more.
Too bad she'll never get them as long as Charlotte is around.

·
Southern Pride
2,797 Posts
Too bad she'll never get them as long as Charlotte is around.
They have been on separate brands this whole time. Charlotte didn't force Bianca to be used like shes second fiddle to Shayna for the longest. Bianca got her moment tonight before Charlotte eliminated her opportunistically. It's not like Charlotte physically threw her over the top rope.

·
The EST of NXT
28,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
and what has sasha done since? If you're happy with Bianca being Rhea's bitch on the main roster, then so be it.
Have the greatest women's matches of all time, become the most popular female by a landslide (before Becky's rise in late 2018), be a 4x champion and tag team champion, and the most discussed wrestler to not be on a PPV since Daniel Bryan in 2014. I'd say she's doing alright in spite of never successfully defending the RAW Women's Championship.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Have the greatest women's matches of all time, become the most popular female by a landslide (before Becky's rise in late 2018), be a 4x champion and tag team champion, and the most discussed wrestler to not be on a PPV since Daniel Bryan in 2014. I'd say she's doing alright in spite of never successfully defending the RAW Women's Championship.
You mean lose the greatest matches of all time and be given titles only to prolong feuds after which you have to give them right back while being supported by a fanbase that Vince refuses to listen to? As much as Id hate to admit it, at this point, Id rather Sasha have Alexa's resume than her own at this point

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
She's going to be a star. I think there will be plans to move her up to wherever the Street Profits are after Mania. Personally, I think we're going to get a Street Profits w/ Bianca vs. Usos w/ Naomi program at some point.

I don't think the Women's Rumble is the best showcase for women wrestlers though. Their spots are quite exposed in that environment. But the reality behind it is that she, on paper, looks great and they clearly plan for her to be a big deal.

·
Premium Member
11,866 Posts
I don't really watch WWE anymore, I follow results every week and watch Raw and Smackdown highlights via YouTube but I know nothing of NXT so this was my first time seeing Bel-Air in action and I was impressed. Not just because of her in-ring ability, but she showed me more character than anyone other woman that I didn't recognise in that Rumble. She'll do well as a top heel on the main roster.

·
Angry at refs
2,701 Posts
All I saw was roughly 6m of decent action by Belair and 27m of her either messing up or being very mediocre, as usual.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
All I saw was roughly 6m of decent action by Belair and 27m of her either messing up or being very mediocre, as usual.
She does still plod and lag and botch at times, and needs to still work on getting sharper in the ring, but she's getting there. Bianca's been a heavily invested yearly Performance Center project. She has "it", but even those who have "it" still need years of road refinement and muscle memory. It takes up to 10 years to get to the level of a naturally instinctive worker.

·
The EST of NXT
28,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I don't really watch WWE anymore, I follow results every week and watch Raw and Smackdown highlights via YouTube but I know nothing of NXT so this was my first time seeing Bel-Air in action and I was impressed. Not just because of her in-ring ability, but she showed me more character than anyone other woman that I didn't recognise in that Rumble. She'll do well as a top heel on the main roster.
This is how you know a star is made, ladies and gentlemen. When someone you've never seen before stands out above or among established names, they've succeeded.

·
Registered
202 Posts
this
I love Bianca Belair. Disappointed she didn't win. Bianca vs Becky or Bianca vs Sasha would have been awesome for Mania. Instead they opt for fuckin Charlotte vs Becky 1937419629649274. They could have at least had her make it to Final 4. I don't understand why Beth Phoenix had to be in that spot.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
On the ride up to RR. I have two friends who dont watch NXT. I told Bianca Belair is awesone I wouldn't mind if she won the Rumble. They were both like "who?"

When it was over and I asked them what they thought about Bianca they both became fans after tonight.

When she came out at number 1 I got worried she wasnt gonna last long. She was the ironwoman this year in the rumble and she's a huge HUGE reason why this was the best womens RR so far

·
Registered
128 Posts
You do realize that Vince let NXT not only dominate during the build to Survivor Series but also win it in dominating fashion, right? If Vince was that overly worried with Charlotte then he wouldn't have allowed her reigns to be so short in 2019 and lose to Bayley more than once in the process. Vince clearly has the mentality with Charlotte that she can lose at any time and still keep her star power.
Charlotte doesn't have star power, just a famous last name. As long as she keeps that Vince will push her.

·
The EST of NXT
28,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
On the ride up to RR. I have two friends who dont watch NXT. I told Bianca Belair is awesone I wouldn't mind if she won the Rumble. They were both like "who?"

When it was over and I asked them what they thought about Bianca they both became fans after tonight.

When she came out at number 1 I got worried she wasnt gonna last long. She was the ironwoman this year in the rumble and she's a huge HUGE reason why this was the best womens RR so far
2018 is still the GOAT, but I agree with everything else. Sasha lasting 54 minutes, taking everyone's finisher, and having that special moment with Trish can't be topped.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts