Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
28,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

This was her breakout moment with the mainstream audience. She lasted 33 minutes and set a new elim record before being eliminated by the eventual winner, and her best dream match candidate, Charlotte. I couldn't ask for anything more from my favorite. I'm getting so many messages on social media saying they understand why I mark so hard for her now. This is the happiest I could possibly be after watching Sasha get screwed so hard.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,138 Posts
I love Bianca Belair. Disappointed she didn't win. Bianca vs Becky or Bianca vs Sasha would have been awesome for Mania. Instead they opt for fuckin Charlotte vs Becky 1937419629649274. They could have at least had her make it to Final 4. I don't understand why Beth Phoenix had to be in that spot.

·
The EST of NXT
28,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love Bianca Belair. Disappointed she didn't win. Bianca vs Becky or Bianca vs Sasha would have been awesome for Mania. Instead they opt for fuckin Charlotte vs Becky 1937419629649274. They could have at least had her make it to Final 4. I don't understand why Beth Phoenix had to be in that spot.
I originally predicted her to be in the final 4 and wanted her to break Nattie's Iron Woman record AND Charlotte's elim record, but I'll happily take this while knowing she was the clear standout.

·
Premium Member
16,574 Posts
33 minutes, of which she spent 32 of those military pressing people.

I had hoped she'd eliminate Sasha and have a follow-up match. But, I thought she was the most over afterwards. I would NOT have started her with Alexa; 2 green wrestlers. Thank God Molly came in. They didn't fuck up, but I wouldn't have put them in that position to begin with.

Don't be upset when she doesn't beat Rhea. She looks main roster bound

·
FOTC
10,327 Posts
Charlotte is NOT facing Becky. The post match interview pretty much told you that. They want to her to go to all three shows and put all three champions on the same level.

·
6,138 Posts
Charlotte is NOT facing Becky. The post match interview pretty much told you that. They want to her to go to all three shows and put all three champions on the same level.
Yes she is. She's not facing Bayley. They literally just ended a feud. If Sasha beats Bayley for the gold then it could possibly be Sasha vs Charlotte, but Sasha wasn't even in the Rumble. That goes to show you how much they care about her. They let Xia Li and Dana Brooke in the match over her. Then at the same time, you'd have to turn Sasha to a babyface again. If she stays heel, then Bayley has to go babyface and Charlotte has to go babyface, which isn't happening as Charlotte can't get over as a face. They could do a Sasha vs Bayley vs Charlotte Triple Threat, but who is the babyface in all of that? And do you think Vince is gonna move Charlotte off of the A show? Yeah right.

Facing Rhea would be a downgrade for Charlotte considering its Mania. Vince is not gonna demote the golden child down to NXT. Rhea will defend the title at Takeover anyway. Which is why Charlotte winning makes no fuckin sense. The only option is Becky vs Charlotte. Vince wants her with Becky, the top female star, because Charlotte is too good for anything less than that in his eyes. If Rousey is back in time, they will do the Triple Threat again and have Charlotte go over this time. Or they'll do a Fatal 4 way with Shayna Bazsler included. And at that point, winning the Rumble would mean nothing, because 2 people who don't deserve a title shot will be taking Charlotte's opportunity. Its gonna be Becky vs Charlotte or the Triple Threat Part 2.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
What is weird is that only 5 hours ago Sasha had posted a tweet about the Rumble and everybody assumed she'd be in it, but it turned out she wasn't. I seriously don't get what the hell is up with this company and Sasha Banks, it's always one thing after the other. Is she injured? Did she get in a disagreement again, what?

·
FOTC
10,327 Posts
Yes she is. She's not facing Bayley. They literally just ended a feud. If Sasha beats Bayley for the gold then it could possibly be Sasha vs Charlotte, but Sasha wasn't even in the Rumble. That goes to show you how much they care about her. They let Xia Li and Dana Brooke in the match over her. Then at the same time, you'd have to turn Sasha to a babyface again. If she stays heel, then Bayley has to go babyface and Charlotte has to go babyface, which isn't happening as Charlotte can't get over as a face. They could do a Sasha vs Bayley vs Charlotte Triple Threat, but who is the babyface in all of that? And do you think Vince is gonna move Charlotte off of the A show? Yeah right.

Facing Rhea would be a downgrade for Charlotte considering its Mania. Vince is not gonna demote the golden child down to NXT. Rhea will defend the title at Takeover anyway. Which is why Charlotte winning makes no fuckin sense. The only option is Becky vs Charlotte. Vince wants her with Becky, the top female star, because Charlotte is too good for anything less than that in his eyes. If Rousey is back in time, they will do the Triple Threat again and have Charlotte go over this time. Or they'll do a Fatal 4 way with Shayna Bazsler included. And at that point, winning the Rumble would mean nothing, because 2 people who don't deserve a title shot will be taking Charlotte's opportunity. Its gonna be Becky vs Charlotte or the Triple Threat Part 2.
The A show is Smackdown. And with AEW you have to expect that Vince wants to keep NXT strong. Charlotte will NOT be facing Becky. The paranoia of fans dreading Charlotte versus Becky might be used in Becky's storyline — she'll be too focused on Charlotte instead of her next challenger. They don't need to justify Shayna coming over to RAW. She can just do it based on how Survivor Series ended.

·
6,138 Posts
The A show is Smackdown. And with AEW you have to expect that Vince wants to keep NXT strong. Charlotte will NOT be facing Becky. The paranoia of fans dreading Charlotte versus Becky might be used in Becky's storyline — she'll be too focused on Charlotte instead of her next challenger. They don't need to justify Shayna coming over to RAW. She can just do it based on how Survivor Series ended.
Whatever show that Lesnar is on is the A show. And that's RAW. If he wanted to keep NXT strong, he would have had them give a strong showing tonight. Instead he has Matt Riddle get eliminated like a geek and Kieth Lee looking stupid. If Rhea is defending at Takeover then who do you assume Charlotte will be facing?

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,246 Posts

This was her breakout moment with the mainstream audience. She lasted 33 minutes and set a new elim record before being eliminated by the eventual winner, and her best dream match candidate, Charlotte. I couldn't ask for anything more from my favorite. I'm getting so many messages on social media saying they understand why I mark so hard for her now. This is the happiest I could possibly be after watching Sasha get screwed so hard.
Yea I thought so too until Shayna did in 5 minutes what it took Bianca 33 to do.

·
Southern Pride
2,797 Posts
You do realize that Vince let NXT not only dominate during the build to Survivor Series but also win it in dominating fashion, right? If Vince was that overly worried with Charlotte then he wouldn't have allowed her reigns to be so short in 2019 and lose to Bayley more than once in the process. Vince clearly has the mentality with Charlotte that she can lose at any time and still keep her star power.

·
FOTC
10,327 Posts
It's also unlikely WWE will have both Royal Rumble winners stay on RAW for the RTWM. They did that the last two years (SD 2018, RAW 2019), but things are different with FOX having SD and NXT being on USA.

·
6,138 Posts
You do realize that Vince let NXT not only dominate during the build to Survivor Series but also win it in dominating fashion, right? If Vince was that overly worried with Charlotte then he wouldn't have allowed her reigns to be so short in 2019 and lose to Bayley more than once in the process. Vince clearly has the mentality with Charlotte that she can lose at any time and still keep her star power.
The reigns were short because there's no way she can get to 17 title wins in her career if they weren't. NXT dominated because of AEW debuting on TNT. He doesn't care about them as much as you think. If he did, their presence would have been a lot stronger tonight in the Rumble. He didn't follow up on that "strong" booking at SSeries. If there's no follow up to that, then it's clear as day why they went over in the first place. AEW. And yes he has the mentality that she can lose at any time and keep her star power, but he keeps giving her the most meaningful wins regardless. Losing TV matches doesn't matter. The more you lose in modern-day WWE, the more title shots you get. Rumble wins and title wins are all that matters. If she was gonna keep her star power anyway, then someone else like Bianca Belair should have won the Rumble. We all knew she was gonna be in a high profile program at Mania regardless, so why not create a new star with the Rumble? Why does she have to get the Rumble AND a high profile match at Mania, seeing as she was gonna get a high profile match anyway?

·
16,246 Posts
Also trash, but the people are smarter than that. They still know who the real stand out was.
Haven't you heard? Wrestling is stupid and only stupid people watch it

That might actually be true though, look how many people are buying Drew McCrickets' "anybody but Reigns" and "fuck off Lesnar" pops as signs of a new star being born. When he comes out tomorrow to cut a promo and the roof doesn't explode off the building a whole bunch of "smart" wrestling fans are going to be dumbfounded.

·
The EST of NXT
28,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haven't you heard? Wrestling is stupid and only stupid people watch it

That might actually be true though, look how many people are buying Drew McCrickets' "anybody but Reigns" and "fuck off Lesnar" pops as signs of a new star being born. When he comes out tomorrow to cut a promo and the roof doesn't explode off the building a whole bunch of "smart" wrestling fans are going to be dumbfounded.
Add me to that list of idiots 🤷. Drew looked great tonight (by design) and that's coming from the biggest Roman fan on the site. I'm willing to give him a chance because you know how much I like watching two big brawlers beating the shit out of each other. I know you're pissed that they made Keith Lee look like a fucking geek though.

·
Southern Pride
2,797 Posts
The reigns were short because there's no way she can get to 17 title wins in her career if they weren't. NXT dominated because of AEW debuting on TNT. He doesn't care about them as much as you think. If he did, their presence would have been a lot stronger tonight in the Rumble. He didn't follow up on that "strong" booking at SSeries. If there's no follow up to that, then it's clear as day why they went over in the first place. AEW. And yes he has the mentality that she can lose at any time and keep her star power, but he keeps giving her the most meaningful wins regardless. Losing TV matches doesn't matter. The more you lose in modern-day WWE, the more title shots you get. Rumble wins and title wins are all that matters. If she was gonna keep her star power anyway, then someone else like Bianca Belair should have won the Rumble. We all knew she was gonna be in a high profile program at Mania regardless, so why not create a new star with the Rumble? Why does she have to get the Rumble AND a high profile match at Mania, seeing as she was gonna get a high profile match anyway?
I mean.. Becky got both last year, so why not Charlotte? In fact, Becky and Bayley both were winning in the more meaningful matches last year than Charlotte was and the year before that was when Becky beat Charlotte during their feud.

I picked Shayna to win and that made the most sense, but if they use Charlottes Rumble win to get her to NXT to challenge Ripley then okay. After all your "It's because of AEW" reasoning would fall in line with the reason to do that match. To get some buzz that Charlotte wants Ripley.

..but I don't want to hijack this Bianca topic. I just don't get the cynical mindset of disliking Charlotte, thats all.

·
16,246 Posts
Add me to that list of idiots 🤷. Drew looked great tonight (by design) and that's coming from the biggest Roman fan on the site. I'm willing to give him a chance because you know how much I like watching two big brawlers beating the shit out of each other. I know you're pissed that they made Keith Lee look like a fucking geek though.
I was pissed about Keith and I thought Drew looked great too. But I can already hear tomorrow's promo in my head and I'm already falling asleep. I just don't think he has the charisma to carry a feud, especially not as the babyface.

·
Southern Pride
2,797 Posts
Bianca did well in the match. When she and Charlotte were standing in the ring together it did feel big. The way that she slung Alexa when Alexa was pulling her hair made me laugh a little.

Bianca needs more of these moments to allow her to shine more.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts