Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Re: BFG 2011 in MovieTheaters

Pretty good idea if it puts money in the hands of TNA. Just don't see the point, why would you want to go to watch a 3 hour event in a cinema and get raped by ridiculous prices for refreshments?

·
Banned
623 Posts

Boxing and MMA do it so I see no reason why a wrestling ppv can't do it. I know Hogan's face is all over the AMC theater for the one night showing. Pity I would love to watch it on the big screen but I will be watching it live at the event.

·
Boats & Hoes!
1,718 Posts

Pretty good idea if it puts money in the hands of TNA. Just don't see the point, why would you want to go to watch a 3 hour event in a cinema and get raped by ridiculous prices for refreshments?
Like for example ME I'm the only one in my house hold that watches Pro Wrestling so for to order a TNA PPV I have to pay $39.99 now if go to the theater show I pay $11.00... Wich would one would you preefer?

·
Registered
742 Posts

I wonder if the amount of money it makes will be available to the public like a movie would be?

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts

Like for example ME I'm the only one in my house hold that watches Pro Wrestling so for to order a TNA PPV I have to pay $39.99 now if go to the theater show I pay $11.00... Wich would one would you preefer?
Yeah I get that part, plus everyone watches wrestling in my house so I hardly ever pay more than £5 for a PPV. Though for me it'd be a huge ball ache if I did go to a cnema to watch it as I don't have a car and because of the time difference there wouldn't be any public transport running by the time it finished, I'd have to take a cab which would be ridiculously expensive. It would be cool to see wrestling on a huge screen though.

Still, it's a neat idea, Worked pretty well for WWE too.

·
Registered
22,735 Posts

Cool. I went to WM 25 in theaters. Was pretty neat. Theater even gave out free refreshments

·
Premium Member
27,697 Posts

Boxing and MMA do it so I see no reason why a wrestling ppv can't do it. I know Hogan's face is all over the AMC theater for the one night showing. Pity I would love to watch it on the big screen but I will be watching it live at the event.
UFC tried it and it failed. If UFC can't make it work, TNA won't.

·
Banned
623 Posts
I know for a fact that at AMC in channelview they are selling out like candy. I know this because my step father is going to watch it and all of the good seats are already sold out. Bischoff is smart enough to pick citys that will sell out or come close to it. Texas, New York, New Mexico and places like that.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
It's kinda pathetic if you consider that WWE did this for WrestleMania I.

What's next are TNA gonna sign Mr T to tag with Hogan?

·
Registered
574 Posts
It's kinda pathetic if you consider that WWE did this for WrestleMania I.

What's next are TNA gonna sign Mr T to tag with Hogan?

Wowzers so TNA can't do anything that WWE has done or its pathetic? This is a smart move, and I'm sure posters in theaters with Hogan on them would draw interest for sure

·
Registered
708 Posts
Great idea, makes them feel big time.

I went to see Commando on the big screen recently and it was amazing, just being in a room full of likeminded people, having an absolute whale of a time, laughing our asses off. If you got a showing full of smarks, it could be amazing come Hogan vs. Sting.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts