Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Stylin on You.
969 Posts
I think some of you might be overrating Lesnar skills as a fighter here (but yeah he is legit strong). I feel Kane could take him on (with difficulty of course). Although Big Show is a strong guy, he isn't as agile and I think his joints will give way at some point lol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Are people giving Big Show a 'puncher's chance'? Still sticking to kayfabe in reality era?
A regular human being could run circles around that giant oaf.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Sigh. These "ZOMG it would be so KEWL if X wrestler legit hurt Wrestler Y to show WWE LOLZ" threads is becoming rather tiresome.
Think people! Wrestlers are business men (and women). If they hurt anyone on purpose their career as wrestler is pretty much over, unless they want to start working for some bush-league Indy promotion, and no other fight company would want to hire them in fear of something similar happening (not to mention the bad press)
And the law suit both from WWE and the wrestler getting hurt would be so big that even The Rock could feel it on his bank account.

If Lesnar have issues with WM booking, i could perhaps see him leave just before the match, but even that would be far fetched, it´s more plausible that he just informs them in good time that he´s not doing that, so they either come up with another plan, or write him off completely.

..And for the people saying that Show/Kane couldn´t stop Lesnar..It would take them about 1½ minute to get to the ring, and smash Lesnar in the head with something while he have Reigns in the Kimura lock (no hands free to defend himself).
..But if this was ever to happen, i think JBL or staff security would just jump in the ring and kick Lesnar in the head to get him to release the hold.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
It is like I have stated several times before. Individuals the size of Andre the Giant and the Big Show are not going to be taking down to the ground unless they allow it. In a non scripted match, a person the size of those two are not just going to stand there and let someone even the size and quickness and athletic ability of Lesnar pick them up without some kind of resistance.

For the most part we have not seen someone the size of a younger Big Show with true athleticism and not just couch potato big in UFC or any type of MMA. So who is not to say that the Show would have dominated the division so astronomically that it would have become repetitive and boring over time. Remember that when Lesnar picks up the Big Show in the WWE that it is all scripted and part of the act and Big Show is letting him do it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Sigh. These "ZOMG it would be so KEWL if X wrestler legit hurt Wrestler Y to show WWE LOLZ" threads is becoming rather tiresome.
Think people! Wrestlers are business men (and women). If they hurt anyone on purpose their career as wrestler is pretty much over, unless they want to start working for some bush-league Indy promotion, and no other fight company would want to hire them in fear of something similar happening (not to mention the bad press)
And the law suit both from WWE and the wrestler getting hurt would be so big that even The Rock could feel it on his bank account.

If Lesnar have issues with WM booking, i could perhaps see him leave just before the match, but even that would be far fetched, it´s more plausible that he just informs them in good time that he´s not doing that, so they either come up with another plan, or write him off completely.

..And for the people saying that Show/Kane couldn´t stop Lesnar..It would take them about 1½ minute to get to the ring, and smash Lesnar in the head with something while he have Reigns in the Kimura lock (no hands free to defend himself).
..But if this was ever to happen, i think JBL or staff security would just jump in the ring and kick Lesnar in the head to get him to release the hold.
It is like I have stated several times before. Individuals the size of Andre the Giant and the Big Show are not going to be taking down to the ground unless they allow it. In a non scripted match, a person the size of those two are not just going to stand there and let someone even the size and quickness and athletic ability of Lesnar pick them up without some kind of resistance.

For the most part we have not seen someone the size of a younger Big Show with true athleticism and not just couch potato big in UFC or any type of MMA. So who is not to say that the Show would have dominated the division so astronomically that it would have become repetitive and boring over time. Remember that when Lesnar picks up the Big Show in the WWE that it is all scripted and part of the act and Big Show is letting him do it.
Exactly. I find it ironic that people are making smarmy comments like "It's still real to me" when it's them thinking its real that Lesnar would own guys like Show and Kane. I mean, when it come to MMA, Lesnar isn't as good as a lot of people think. A lot of his matches were just him going all out and blitzing his opponent. I haven't seen all his MMA work, but the ones I did see were either him winning in the first round, or if he could do that, he'd spend the rest of match dodging and blocking until he found an opening or won by decision,

Big show is a big, tough guy and he's good shape. Not in his prime by any means, but still in great shape for his age. Lesnar would have a hard time taking him down in a real fight. And remember Lesnar is not a quick guy. Quicker than Show? Yes, but not so much quicker he avoid him completely.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts

I just laugh at the ignorance of some people who think that being abnormally big automatically makes you tough. If you go back and watch some Pride matches with big fat ass dudes taking on fighters who are way lighter than them, the fat ass dudes go down to guys who even have some technique. As large as Big Show maybe, he is moves way too slow and if he were to step into the MMA world, should be an easy day's work for any decent pro fighter.

Now you are trying to say that Lesnar was not quick ? thats a dumb thing to say because he was the fastest heavyweight at one point and was quicker than a lot of light heavyweights too. Also you are giving way too much credit for a guy like Show and I still think in a real fight he would lose embarrassingly to Lesnar. To an extent I agree that Lesnar doesn't like to get hit on the face. Trust me nobody does. The guy was thrown to the sharks and was fighting people who had way more experience than him from the start, and I think if it weren't for his sickness, he would have put on a better fight against Cain Velasquez and Overeem. You should seriously consider watching his fight with Shane Carwin that will show that he is capable of taking punishment. He probably could have beat Overeem if he was healthier.

Lets say if you were making an argument for someone like Vader, it would have been interesting. I am sure Vader in his prime would have been one of the toughest dudes around.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
He can't really leave with belt

Wrestlers never own it, its property of wwe inc

He could buy a replica and play pretend in ufc

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Big Show is a strong freakin guy. He is capable of killing a man, including Brock, with one full strength punch to the side of the head. Lesnar is is also probably capable of it. If Lesnar got off the first punch and hit Bigshow in the head, he would win. If Show landed the first punch, he would win.
You are making it sound like Big Show is in Muhammad Ali's league just because he had a match with Mayweather. Also you make it sound like that in a one on one fight Show has an equal chance of beating trained fighters.

·
Registered
548 Posts
You are making it sound like Big Show is in Muhammad Ali's league just because he had a match with Mayweather. Also you make it sound like that in a one on one fight Show has an equal chance of beating trained fighters.
And you make it sound like pro wrestlers aren't trained fighters as well. Almost all pro wrestlers have taken at least some form of martial arts training, even if it's just the basics.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Lesnar is not stupid, he isn't going to leave WWE for any reason outside of his contract unless he has a legitimate suit against them that could hurt the company.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
And you make it sound like pro wrestlers aren't trained fighters as well.
I am just trying to say that being big and fat doesn't make it hard for a trained fighter to beat the crap out of you. I know a lot of tough pro wrestlers and trust me Big Show isn't anywhere close to being tough. Sure he can crush the average guy but any trained MMA fighter with decent technique (pro wrestlers included) can fuck him up pretty bad.

Almost all pro wrestlers have taken at least some form of martial arts training, even if it's just the basics.
Sure why shouldn't they.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
What if Brock decides to leave and screw Vince in the process. Might not be that hard to do.

Let's say WM is his last match and Brock legit puts Reigns in a Kimura or some other submission and forces him to tap out. Reigns couldn't stop it. And he'd have to tap or risk some permanent injury.

Brock wins, leaves quickly and take the belt with him to UFC and totally craps on it and the WWE and trashes the title as garbage.

Seems like it would make everyone mad. But at the same time it might generate a lot of publicity for everyone.
Heyman wouldnt let Brock screw over Vince.

Brock respects Heyman and Heyman would tell Brock to do the right thing.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,018 Posts
These ideas of Brock shooting in his match with Reigns or no-showing or overselling have been tossed out in multiple threads these last couple weeks. They're all rubbish.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.