Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if Brock decides to leave and screw Vince in the process. Might not be that hard to do.

Let's say WM is his last match and Brock legit puts Reigns in a Kimura or some other submission and forces him to tap out. Reigns couldn't stop it. And he'd have to tap or risk some permanent injury.

Brock wins, leaves quickly and take the belt with him to UFC and totally craps on it and the WWE and trashes the title as garbage.

Seems like it would make everyone mad. But at the same time it might generate a lot of publicity for everyone.

·
tombstone blues
14,292 Posts
Pretty sure that would also breach the contract he already has. I don't think it says "We pay you 5 million bucks and you get to do whatever you want in our ring." I'm sure there are clauses in every wrestler's contract saying go with the booking or something more general that covers go with the booking or there's gonna be trouble.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The shoot could be a work that only Brock and Vince know about and never admit to.

Perhaps Dana White would be willing to pay Brock enough to do it that returning wouldn't matter.

Perhaps Brock, Vince, and Dana are the only ones that know about it and never tell. Perhaps they make up a whole legal fight between Vince's attorneys and Dana's attorneys that they drag on and settle out of court.

Heck, maybe Dana trades back Punk for Brock in the process ;)

They could do this in a way that promotes everyone, makes fans livid, gets fans to side with Reigns, etc. It could be the angle of all angles. But I'd love it if Brock just did it on his own. That would be funny.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Brock would destroy himself if he did that. Yeah it would get a ton of publicity, but not in a good way for him. They say no publicity is bad publicity, but that's only true to a point. Not only would WWE sue the hell out of him and win easily, no other organization would touch him, including UFC. As for WWE, yeah it might hurt them in the short term, like the Montreal screw job did, but they'd get over it eventually. But for Brock, he would probably never work again and lose most of what he has. Not only would WWE sue him and Win, Reigns would sue him and win.

And seeing as a lot of MMA fans are WWE fans as well, hiring Brock would cause a lot of people to stop watching UFC or Bellator in protest. If WCW were still around or another promotion was a threat to WWE, he might get away with it like Alundra Blaze did, though not likely today. There are just some lines you don't cross and if you cross those lines, it doesn't matter who you are, you could be The Rock, you would be blacklisted by everyone. In a few years, you would see Brock reduced to working low budget indy events whether it be wrestling or MMA and become another example of how they mighty have fallen.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's an awesome way of letting WWE own your ass and take your house in the resulting law suit.

Reactions: RiC David

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yeah I don't think Brock is that stupid. And come to think of it, they probably would let him leave with the belt anyway. They'd probably send Show, Kane, and Rollins out to legit beat the hell out of him and have Rollins cash in. They portray him as an unstoppable beast, but he is still only human in reality and Big Show and Kane could cripple him for life easily in a real fight. And then he would still probably get sued by both WWE and Reigns and never work for a major promotion again.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Breach of contract for the WWE and, what, battery as a tort for Reigns?
Yep. I'm no legal expert or anything, but if he purposefully broke his arm, I think that would cross the line between full contact competition and assault. Especially in a staged program. In MMA, he might get away with it if the guy doesn't tap. And with a guy the size of Reigns, Brock would have to intently pull really hard against resistance to break his arm. No one buy it if said it was an accident.

If he like dropped him on his arm or something and it broke, he could say it was an accident and get away with it. But in something like a Kamura lock, there would be little room for doubt.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Yeah I don't think Brock is that stupid. And come to think of it, they probably would let him leave with the belt anyway. They'd probably send Show, Kane, and Rollins out to legit beat the hell out of him and have Rollins cash in. They portray him as an unstoppable beast, but he is still only human in reality and Big Show and Kane could cripple him for life easily in a real fight. And then he would still probably get sued by both WWE and Reigns and never work for a major promotion again.
:bryanlol

·
tombstone blues
14,292 Posts
Kane probably could beat Lesnar up if he stayed on his feet, he has longer reach and is stronger. Lesnar gets him on the ground it's over though.

Big Show :lmao

Brock could hop around him on one leg and eventually Show would fall over on his own then it's arm-breakey time.

Reactions: Rap God

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Yep. I'm no legal expert or anything, but if he purposefully broke his arm, I think that would cross the line between full contact competition and assault. Especially in a staged program. In MMA, he might get away with it if the guy doesn't tap. And with a guy the size of Reigns, Brock would have to intently pull really hard against resistance to break his arm. No one buy it if said it was an accident.

If he like dropped him on his arm or something and it broke, he could say it was an accident and get away with it. But in something like a Kamura lock, there would be little room for doubt.
:denirolol

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Awesome idea - would be a potential media hype
I thinl lesnar is a pro and will do straight business.

Idea: LEsnar with belt leaving. might could be bad for wwe, but i think it also could work out for both. would be a bust if lesnar is not winning in ufc.

Idea 2: Lesnar should do that evil plan and than fighting punk on ufc. Could be a big PPV

·
Redesign. Rebuild. Reclaim.
1,254 Posts
:what

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.