Wrestling Forum banner

Eric, Vince or Paul?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not only were these three men the bosses of their respective companies, they were also characters in their shows, and in Eric and Paul's cases characters in Vince's company as well. Not alot for me to write up here, but I want to pose a question to you guys. Who, out of Vince McMahon, Eric Bischoff, and Paul Heyman, was/is the better on-screen character? Your answer could be who entertained you more, who you thought was more affective in their role, however you determine your answer is all good.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Vince. He had more power and more entertainment.

I got this in before locking! (No who's better threads)

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without Eric and his nWo, Vince would have been doing the same shit over and over again. Wrestling would have been dead if it wasn't for the nWo angle.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Vince, I can think of many great segments he made. He is one of the best characters ever.

·
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
5,431 Posts
Vince, easily. Without McMahon working as the greatest heel character of all time (there, I said it) then Stone Cold wouldn't have been half as over and WWF would never have taken over WCW in the ratings war. Vince was so easy to hate between late 97 to mid 99, a brilliant character/actor/promoer.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Eric Bischoff, easily. The best non-wrestling character ever. Great, great actor.

·
Banned
390 Posts
Vince, easily. Without McMahon working as the greatest heel character of all time (there, I said it) then Stone Cold wouldn't have been half as over and WWF would never have taken over WCW in the ratings war. Vince was so easy to hate between late 97 to mid 99, a brilliant character/actor/promoer.
Thanks to Montreal screwjob.

·
Registered
21,660 Posts
Vince McMahon because he's real, especially when he plays a heel everyone wants to boo him for being that dastardly millionaire. Then when he plays face the fans wanna cheer him because he's the guy who brought us countless hours of entertainment.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If there wasn't for Eric's Evil Boss character then we would have never seen the Mr. McMahon character.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,649 Posts
All three of them were great on screen characters, but I went for Paul Haymen. His charisma and mic skills were so high he was awesome in whatever role he played, whether it be playing an authority figure, manager or commentator he was just awesome. He also had a great mind for the business so he knew exactly what to do in whatever position he was in, playing to the crowds, hyping a wrestler etc. He could sell ice to an eskimo.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
There's people who actually believe that Bischoff and Heyman are better on-screen characters than Mr. McMahon?

That's interesting. People most certainly have a right to their opinion.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I love Heyman and Bischoff, they were quality. But Vince made by FAR the biggest impact, partly because he had much more time and scope to do so than the other two but still...

In a booking sense I would much prefer Heyman's storylines because he's level-headed as well as crazy, unlike Vince. I would mark out so bad if he came back.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,367 Posts
Vince had the more impact, on by far and away the biggest stage, but Paul E. Dangerously is one of the greatest characters EVER and I say it is even superior to Angry Vince.

Close, close fight, but I give it to Heyman.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts