• Benoit

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think had better in ring chemistry with Triple H. During the AE Rock and HHH was one of the hottest rivalries and during the ruthless aggression era it was HHH/Benoit for all of 04 and some of 05 (gold rush, pick your poison). Who do you think had better in ring chemistry with the "Cerebral Assassin?"

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Benoit may have being the better wrestler of the two but The Rock had better chemistry with Triple H.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Considering the rivalry between Triple H and Rock made both of them top guys you gotta go with them, not to mention the brilliant matches they put on for the IC title and the WWF title.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it was the Rock too, but I can see a valid argument being made for both. I remember HHH & Benoit worked a few matches together in 2000 where Benoit was booked as the "WCW Champion that never lost that title..." and it was sort of a dream match to see the two champs go head to head.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
IMO, no one had better chemistry with HHH than the Rock. Benoit matches with anyone never had any feeling at all to me. He had the ability to make almost anyone look good with him in ring and that says a lot, but I was never invested in any of his storylines except maybe Bret and that was because it meant something to have two in ring greats both trained by Stu in the ring together.

From the very start, Rock and HHH had so many parallels going on as they were both at the same level coming up and their ladder match was both of their "coming of age" match, IMO. You knew you were watching the future unfold before your eyes. It was just special every time they done a program even after they were both huge stars.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Both had really good chemistry with HHH. Rock had great matches with HHH at Backlash and JD 2000, and Benoit had decent matches with HHH at No Mercy 2000, Vengeance 2004, had the great triple threats with HBK at WMXX and Backlash 2004, and a really good Ironman match on RAW in 04 as well. Can't go wrong with either really, but I'll go with Benoit.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
Rock and it's not even close imo. While he had great matches with Benoit, you just felt so much hatred when Rock and Trips were in the ring together

1 - 12 of 12 Posts