Wrestling Forum banner

Better Heel:The Rock vs Eddie Guerrero

3109 17
I will give my opinion a bit later.I think both of them were better heels than faces(my opinion),but who do you think is the man that edges it in the end?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,895 Posts
Well doesn't the 'better heel' get most heat? Rock often got huge pops and face reactions when he was Corporate Rock and Hollywood Rock. And just in general Eddie's 2005 heel was one of the best heels i've ever seen, so Eddie by far.

· Registered
2,345 Posts
It depends on what kind of Heel you like really. Eddie was more of a sadistic heel. The Rock was really just a huge, albiet entertaining, douchebag.

I enjoyed both immensely. As someone above me stated the promo Eddie cut after attacking Rey is one of the best heel promos I've ever seen. And the "concerts" Rock did where he basically insulted the crowd for 10 minutes are brilliant in their own right.

For my money though, I'd go with The Rock.

· Registered
41 Posts
Who was better Heel, The Rock or Eddie ... I would have to say The Rock, he had the matches against the biggest names. He was the star in more PPV. But I believe it is what he said on the mic that made him a better heel.

I might be wrong but this is what I believe.

· Banned
1,911 Posts
Rocky

· Registered
223 Posts
Eddie never really was a heel. Even during his lie, cheat, steal and cheat to win gimmick fans still cheered that Latino heat.

The Rock knew how to offend the crowd, pretty funny but the average fan in the audience booed. Rock was a better heel.

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,771 Posts
It's hard to choose, but I go with The Rock. Eddie's heel run in 2006 was great, but it was really only one time when he shined as a heel. All of The Rock's runs were good and memorable, his heel run in 2003, his heel run as Corporate Rock and as Nation of Domination Rock were all fantastic heel runs and just because it's more he's more memorable for me as a heel I go with The Rock.

Not to mention he was great on the mic as a heel as well

· Banned
4,461 Posts
Well Eddie got face pops and huge Eddie chants during his heel run 2005...you're comparing him to an icon though. Once the Rock became a maineventer, it was ALWAYS gonna be impossible for him to ever be seen as a total heel by fans. He has too big a fanbase and he's too influential. The question has no real answer because it's two different type of heels..the sneaky, scheming comedy heel Eddie played during his midcard/tag team days and the psycho version in 2005 that was ready to back slap Mysterio's son. Rock was the most arrogant character in wrestling history. Demanding respect and always his biggest fan. Hollywood Rock basically just made a fool out of every thing the fans had to boo about heels....a genius at work if you will.

· Registered
581 Posts
Would go with Eddie Guerrero for sure. I think he understood how to be hated a lot more than The Rock did. The Rock was just to funny to be a heel. Eddie could use a bunch of emotions and personalities to spark heat.

Not only that, but Guerrero could make himself come off as a heel while wrestling. Look at his work with Rey Mysterio at Halloween Havoc. He doesn't even have to say anything or cheat and you still feel like he's a prick.

· Registered
484 Posts
Eddie never really was a heel. Even during his lie, cheat, steal and cheat to win gimmick fans still cheered that Latino heat.

The Rock knew how to offend the crowd, pretty funny but the average fan in the audience booed. Rock was a better heel.
WTF are you talking about??? Eddie was a heel for most of his run in WCW. Not only that but he was a very good heel who came of as a cold hearted asshole.

I'm guessing that most of the posters on this site are only taking his '05 heel run into consideration is because they are all too young to remember his career in WCW?

· Registered
1,363 Posts
I loved both guys, but I will definatly have to saw Rock was the better heel.

Eddie did a hell of a job as a heel when he turned on Rey and really shined during that fued. However, that was really the only time that Eddie REALLY shined as a heel.

Rock always shined as a heel though. In the Nation of Domination he shined as the top heel of the group, The Corporation he shined as the top heel of the group, Hollywood Rock he shined as a Hollywood snob that was too good for the WWE audience.

· Registered
265 Posts
I have never liked the Tock as heel (even thought he was a good Heel).
Eddie (RIP) is also a really good heel, and even better than The Rock (IMO)

So I'll vote for Eddie ^^

Love the heel turn promo <3

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.