Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think a LOT of people have said the same thing about this whole debacle. No one has a problem with Reigns on the roster. While his overall character needs a bit of make over, and his mic skills definitely need to be seasoned, I have no problem promoting a new guy

With that being said, I think the IWC has screamed loud and clear that we're simply not going to believe it when Reigns beats Lesnar for the title. It's like watching a movie or TV show, we're all basically saying "what? You're having THIS guy walk out of wrestlemania as the champion? Why him, why now?"

So I think there were 2 much better options for wrestlemania for him. Well, there's really 3, but I like these first 2 more.

1; Face Reigns Option.... If you want him to be "the man" or make him out to be the next Cena, why not just make him the one to beat Rusev at wrestlemania? It's simple enough. The kids would like it. Why not? This Rusev streak is a temporary thing anyways.

2; Heel Reigns Option.... I think everyone needs to be a heel FIRST before becoming a major babyface. That's just how things go these days. So what's a better way to make him the next big jerk then by putting him up against Daniel Bryan. He elminates DB at rumble, but doesnt win, setting them up for a wrestlemania showdown. The crowd would be HOT for that.

Which of these do you like better? Simple face Reigns vs Rusev...or a bit mroe complicated but more intense, Heel Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Yes, he should have beaten Rusev, held the US Title for a while, dropped it in a 3 way so he wouldn't have to get pinned/submitted, and then won the 2016 Rumble if he had tripled/quadrupled the size of his moveset, picked up some knowledge of selling and psychology, a 15-20 minute gas tank, and passable mic skills. If that had happened, I don't think anyone would have complaints about it.

Now, the best we can hope for from this abortion the WWE cooked up is a year-long Reign of Terror post-WM 31 where he turns heel, followed by Bryan winning the 2016 Rumble and making him tap in the middle of Cowboys Stadium in the Main Event. It wouldn't be the dream match of Brock/Bryan this year and Rock/Bryan next year, but I'd live with it.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I think a LOT of people have said the same thing about this whole debacle. No one has a problem with Reigns on the roster. While his overall character needs a bit of make over, and his mic skills definitely need to be seasoned, I have no problem promoting a new guy

With that being said, I think the paying fan has screamed loud and clear that we're simply not going to believe it when Reigns beats Lesnar for the title. It's like watching a movie or TV show, we're all basically saying "what? You're having THIS guy walk out of wrestlemania as the champion? Why him, why now?"

So I think there were 2 much better options for wrestlemania for him. Well, there's really 3, but I like these first 2 more.

1; Face Reigns Option.... If you want him to be "the man" or make him out to be the next Cena, why not just make him the one to beat Rusev at wrestlemania? It's simple enough. The kids would like it. Why not? This Rusev streak is a temporary thing anyways.

2; Heel Reigns Option.... I think everyone needs to be a heel FIRST before becoming a major babyface. That's just how things go these days. So what's a better way to make him the next big jerk then by putting him up against Daniel Bryan. He elminates DB at rumble, but doesnt win, setting them up for a wrestlemania showdown. The crowd would be HOT for that.

Which of these do you like better? Simple face Reigns vs Rusev...or a bit mroe complicated but more intense, Heel Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan
Fixed for you. Otherwise agree

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, he should have beaten Rusev, held the US Title for a while, dropped it in a 3 way so he wouldn't have to get pinned/submitted, and then won the 2016 Rumble if he had tripled/quadrupled the size of his moveset, picked up some knowledge of selling and psychology, a 15-20 minute gas tank, and passable mic skills. If that had happened, I don't think anyone would have complaints about it.

Now, the best we can hope for from this abortion the WWE cooked up is a year-long Reign of Terror post-WM 31 where he turns heel, followed by Bryan winning the 2016 Rumble and making him tap in the middle of Cowboys Stadium in the Main Event. It wouldn't be the dream match of Brock/Bryan this year and Rock/Bryan next year, but I'd live with it.
you're dead on, except you really wanted Bryan/Brock? I feel like with the unstoppable booking of Lesnar made it impossible to do DB/Brock

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
you're dead on, except you really wanted Bryan/Brock? I feel like with the unstoppable booking of Lesnar made it impossible to do DB/Brock
Brock's unstoppable booking at the Royal Rumble made it impossible for ANYONE to beat Brock in a 1-on-1 match, unfortunately.

If he continued his weak/schizo booking like Night of Champions and such, it wouldn't have been unfeasible for Brock to lose to Bryan. But they made him look too strong at the Rumble. Brock's the strongest booked wrestler ever now.

Really, they should have had Brock get the win (but not look so unstoppable at the Rumble), and then had Orton return to foil the attempted Rollins cash-in after the match. That would have been the smarter course of action.

As it is, Brock's going to have to lay down for a jumping punch and a running hug in a few seconds, after Reigns rests in the corner after gassing himself on the walk down the ramp into the ring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts