Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I like that the majority of people upset about this are the real life beta cucks, the smarks at squared circle.
The outcome would be pretty much the same in real life. A bald headed midget dating hot ass Maria...? :D /s

Its their fault tho, they signed the contracts. Even though its still better than being off TV.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
I didn't watch the match with Rusev until now, because I had to hear if that line really existed. OMG. :lmao

This is unprecedented. Everything from "Maybe I'll ask Becky to get me pregnant", to having Maria force him down to win the 24/7 title, to "beta cuck" and everything in between. I have been watching wrestling for 30 years. This is the biggest burial of all time. I have NEVER seen ANYTHING like THIS. I don't care if it's Damien Sandow, Asuka, Alex Riley, 3MB, Zack Ryder, Dana Brooke, NOTHING compares to what they've done to this fucking guy, absolutely nothing. What the FUCK did this guy do to Vince McMahon? I so BADLY want a Mike Kanellis tell all shoot with Sean Oliver. This is fucking historic. We may never see anything like this again.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
The outcome would be pretty much the same in real life. A bald headed midget dating hot ass Maria...? :D /s

Its their fault tho, they signed the contracts. Even though its still better than being off TV.
I give Mike credit for NOT being such a mark for himself that he's still willing to play this comedy character for our amusement. It's at the very least, entertaining and kinda edgy, despite how trashy it is. I DO hope it ends with him essentially dumping Maria and getting Otis or someone to take a dump in her gym bag but until then, I'd be lying if I said I'm not having fun at his expense and seeing him humiliated.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
I didn't watch the match with Rusev until now, because I had to hear if that line really existed. OMG. :lmao

This is unprecedented. Everything from "Maybe I'll ask Becky to get me pregnant", to having Maria force him down to win the 24/7 title, to "beta cuck" and everything in between. I have been watching wrestling for 30 years. This is the biggest burial of all time. I have NEVER seen ANYTHING like THIS. I don't care if it's Damien Sandow, Asuka, Alex Riley, 3MB, Zack Ryder, Dana Brooke, NOTHING compares to what they've done to this fucking guy, absolutely nothing. What the FUCK did this guy do to Vince McMahon? I so BADLY want a Mike Kanellis tell all shoot with whoever that guy is that does all the shoot interviews. This is fucking historic. We may never see anything like this again.
I think this would be true if it was happening to anyone except Mike Kanellis. Not sure it can be classed as a burial if it's being done to someone that the audience gives zero fucks about one way or the other.

You can't bury something that is permanently buried/irrelevant in the first place.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
I think this would be true if it was happening to anyone except Mike Kanellis. Not sure it can be classed as a burial if it's being done to someone that the audience gives zero fucks about one way or the other.

You can't bury something that is permanently buried/irrelevant in the first place.
Dude. There's a lot of people that the audience gives zero fucks about, they don't do this. This is another level.

You can absolutely still bury someone that's buried, because this isn't just losing or being off tv. There's a lot of people that lose. This is character assassination. When you have an announcer calling you a "beta cuck" on the air, that's a different level. Even the people they bury, the announcers are instructed to either try to make them look like underdogs, or if they make fun of them, they make fun of them in a heart lighted way, like the announcer will call them a "goofball" like Santino, but I've never heard an announcer just come out and go "beta cuck". He might as well have called him a cunt, honestly.

It is so past the bounds of anything I've seen done in wrestling, and like I said, I've been watching since 1990, I've seen what Vince does, I've seen WCW bury people, I've seen TNA bury people, this is a new level. And certainly, Mike Kanellis is FAR from the best talent to ever be buried, this is not a burial that I'm upset about, I don't view Mike Kanellis as having any value whatsoever, but still, people just aren't treated like this, on the air in pro wrestling. They're not. This is a vendetta being played out on the air, it has to be. I don't know what it could be, but there have been plenty of people that Vince is angry with, and it doesn't result in stuff like this.

·
HEADBANGA
22,474 Posts
You just have to know that there is no payoff for this at all other than Mike getting further humiliated and get booted off TV for good when Vince gets his laugh. You gotta have some guts to be able to do this week in and week out, thinking that you'll be better off doing this angle.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Dude. There's a lot of people that the audience gives zero fucks about, they don't do this. This is another level.

You can absolutely still bury someone that's buried, because this isn't just losing or being off tv. There's a lot of people that lose. This is character assassination. When you have an announcer calling you a "beta cuck" on the air, that's a different level. Even the people they bury, the announcers are instructed to either try to make them look like underdogs, or if they make fun of them, they make fun of them in a heart lighted way, like the announcer will call them a "goofball" like Santino, but I've never heard an announcer just come out and go "beta cuck". He might as well have called him a cunt, honestly.

It is so past the bounds of anything I've seen done in wrestling, and like I said, I've been watching since 1990, I've seen what Vince does, I've seen WCW bury people, I've seen TNA bury people, this is a new level. And certainly, Mike Kanellis is FAR from the best talent to ever be buried, this is not a burial that I'm upset about, I don't view Mike Kanellis as having any value whatsoever, but still, people just aren't treated like this, on the air in pro wrestling. They're not. This is a vendetta being played out on the air, it has to be. I don't know what it could be, but there have been plenty of people that Vince is angry with, and it doesn't result in stuff like this.
People have wondered that because it's seemed very apparent that Mike and Maria and playing the WWE system and just coasting. I guess that could be the case and this is their punishment but Maria seems way too comfortable doing this so I'm thinking they're probably both fine doing this angle and don't mind being portrayed this way. Mike probably doesn't care about his legacy as a wrestler or has plans of being the next up and coming talent to have a big break and get "you deserve it chants". I think he's just happy to be used and collecting the money.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts

I would guess that it stems from him and his wife signing long term contracts (twice) and then Maria getting pregnant almost immediately after signing.

My guess is that Vince actually wants to bury and humiliate Maria too but is scared of the backlash of doing shit to a pregnant woman on TV. So he's doubling down on hubby.

I also don't think it's really as bad as you're making it out to be. Sure, it's a humiliating angle and all, but notice how some people are losing their minds over a term like "beta cuck" being used, and others think the term is just a dumb phrase. It's just a modern way of saying that he's a pussy who is controlled by his bossy wife.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
I mean commentary were out right burying him. Not even sure what is the point of these segments. Are we meant to cheer mike or boo him for being so pathetic. All I can think is: why are you with this bitch? If the point is to humiliate mike kanellis well seems like a waste of time but sure whatever.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I mean commentary were out right burying him. Not even sure what is the point of these segments. Are we meant to cheer mike or boo him for being so pathetic. All I can think is: why are you with this bitch? If the point is to humiliate mike kanellis well seems like a waste of time but sure whatever.
It's to capitalize on the whole beta/cuckold phenomenon that's popular with younger, college aged, gym-rat culture and the adult industry.

The beta male as a comedy trope IS funny, I'll admit in this case but it's definitely something that goes completely opposite of WWE trying to be "anti bullying". The entire storyline is Mike Kanellis getting bullied for the most part and that he deserves it for not standing up for himself. It's shitty but funny if you don't take it seriously. I also don't know where the payoff is, I imagine it ends with BOTH of them being buried. Even if Mike were to dump her and humiliate her, it wouldn't make up for the weeks of humiliation and burial he's faced. Not like he can even get another diva to beat her ass because she's pregnant.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts