Wrestling Forum banner

Best year in the wrestling industry?

2650 Views 27 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  Johnny Cage
Which year in all of wrestling do you consider the absolute best and why?And by the way,notice that i'm not counting only WWE,but ECW,WCW,NWA,AWA,whatever you throw out.

For example 2000 was a great year,but only for the WWE.WCW was a laughing stock and ECW was falling off quickly.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Re: Bes year in the wrestling industry?

2000 for a number of reasons. It was the peak of WWE. My favorite wrestler (you can guess who that is) had the best first year of any wrestler. Rock wasn't overshadowed by Austin and became THE face of the company, which benefited WWE immensely. McMahon-Helmsley Faction: HHH became the greatest heel of all time and Stephanie is the hottest woman to EVER be in WWE. Plus, the crowds were at their very best in that year.

· Banned
2,174 Posts

Hiplop™;9401754 said:
1999 probably
all three of the big feds were losing steam in 1999

my vote goes to either 2002, until the Katie Vick ****fest, WWE still had plenty of steam in every area, CZW was becoming the new ECW and British Wrestling was coming back onto TV

not to mention Raw Roulette the Brand split(yes it did seem like a good idea at the time)Smackdown, the return of Shawn Michaels and rey Misterio and Brock Lesnar

or 2003: WWE was heading towards the ****tter, but WM 19 was great, Pro Wrestling NOAH, FWA, TNA, ROH, CMLL, MLW and ASW lit the indy scene on fire and The Wrestling Channel came into being. It was a time of discovery for wrestling fans

· Registered
2,588 Posts

1998:

WWF had a superb product, filled with character and storyline. It was real and edgy. WCW had nearly every major name of the 80's and early 90's, high flying action, great wrestling and some good storylines. ECW was suffering due to the big 2 but was still a good alternative. WCW and WWF were making big bucks, between them 10,000 people were attending a pro wrestling show every night of the week.

There was at least 10 hours worth of first run wrestling on television every week.

· Registered
2,927 Posts

The best of all for me is 04 & 05

· Registered
861 Posts

i really need to go back and watch 96-97

i started watching heavily in 98-02..i was 11 years old in 98 those those crucial years of 'puberty' much like many other fans were at the same age as me...Wrestling was MAGIC at that time..

· Registered
170 Posts

· Registered
3,763 Posts

1997-1998, hands down! The WWF, WCW and ECW were all at the very best they could be. By mid 1999 WCW was starting to fail horribly, ECW was getting screwed over by TNN and the WWF was going back and forth, as far as their product went. 2000, was a great year for the WWF, but WCW and ECW were both a sinking ship, that wasn't going to be saved. 1997-1998 had the prime of the Monday Night Wars, as far as Raw and Nitro went, with ECW being the wild card altogether.

· Registered
242 Posts
I really enjoyed 97, 98 and parts of 99. I loved heel Bret and his stable in 97, genius stuff. Then there was Kane which was cool back then and Austin at his best. 1998 was when they got really edgy, and Rock at his best, I think a lot of his catchphrases were born this year. 1999 started off good, but it's just hard to call it a good year with Owen's death. Then there was the let-down of higher power Vince. On the other hand, Jericho's 99 debut is my favorite WWF moment of all time. But as a whole, I think 98 was the best.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.