Wrestling Forum banner

Best ppv of 2000

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always found this to be a great year. The quality of the product was great at this time, and it showed in many ppv's.

Which ppv in 2000 was your favourite and why?

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
The Stretch from Survivor Series 2000 to WrestleMania 17, was classic after classic, its ridiculous the level the product was at.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I'm not really familiar with 2000 as I am with 2002 or 2003 and the years after but from the few PPV matches I've seen, Armageddon has that awesome HIAC match and Rock/HHH at Backlash is also a classic. (the pop for Stone Cold is incredible)

Can't vote yet, though.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
SummerSlam. Top to bottom, just an excellent show. I'd rate it the best SummerSlam ever.

The main event of Rock/HHH/Angle was very entertaining and did a phenomenal job weaving in the HHH/Angle/Stephanie love triangle. Undertaker and Kane had a massive brawl. Jericho and Benoit had a 2 out of 3 falls match that I consider one of the under-appreciated matches of the Attitude Era. Oh, and there was also the original TLC match, which you might recall as the Match of the Year.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
besides the most popular answers being Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Royal Rumble, Fully Loaded and No Way Out and rightfully so but one I think deserves some more attention than it gets is King of the Ring of that year. A very solid card.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Wow, hard to choose, 2000 along with 2001 is the best PPV year in wrestling history. Great main event wrestlers working a fast paced with amazing atmosphere in crazy standards, Rock/Austin/HHH/Angle/Benoit/Jericho killing it with awesome ****+ performances every month. You will never see something like that again.

·
Best In The World
4,752 Posts
man so much memories

iron man match with hhh v rock is in my top 3 matches ever best iron man ever tbh

but

Royal Rumble 2000 - tazz's debut, first ever tables match, swimsuit (not mae young tho), tag title match is really short but fun. it had a lackluster ic title triple threat, the rumble was fun as per usual

but

the greatest street fight ever - HHH v Cactus Jack. EPIC

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
SummerSlam. Top to bottom, just an excellent show. I'd rate it the best SummerSlam ever.

The main event of Rock/HHH/Angle was very entertaining and did a phenomenal job weaving in the HHH/Angle/Stephanie love triangle. Undertaker and Kane had a massive brawl. Jericho and Benoit had a 2 out of 3 falls match that I consider one of the under-appreciated matches of the Attitude Era. Oh, and there was also the original TLC match, which you might recall as the Match of the Year.
Yep, definitely Summerslam! that TLC match and Benoit/Y2J was freaking amazing! (Y)(Y)(Y)

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts
Backlash. Three matches worthy of ****, really fun hardcore match, two passable tag matches & a short, fun Big Show match.

Summerslam & Royal Rumble were both pretty great though.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
This thread has reminded me how amazing it is that Backlash should've been WrestleMania. WrestleMania fucking sucked. In fact, I'd say it was the worst PPV of the entire year.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
I loved Wrestlemania and Summerslam but I loved Armageddon with the 6 man hell in a cell.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
"Fully Loaded", perhaps the best of the secondary pay per views in WWE history.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
Backlash. Just a fantastic ppv from top to bottom with an even better main event and finish. What happened at Backlash should've happened at WM. I'll say that WM 2000 was the worst ppv of 2000. Nothing better than seeing Austin return to help The Rock win and seeing The Rock win the title after not having it for over a year.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Fully Loaded was my personal favorite. Followed by Summerslam.

I loved the look of the Fully Loaded set.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Rumble is my favorite.
Rock wins rumble. Bull shit ending was interesting storyline wise.
Tazz debute was awesome.
Cactus Jack vs HHH Street Fight is my favorite match of all time.
Decent mid card matches.

Fully Loaded is probably my 2nd best
Benoit/Rock and Jericho/HHH HOLY SHIT

Worst was Wrestlemania. WHAT A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts