Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And by wrestler I mean technical wrestler, not guys who were very charismatic, or excellent on the mic, or very popular (like Sting). And someone who would really sign for the WWE, and by that I mean not guys like Mitsuharu Misawa who would have never left his japanese promotions...

IMHO I believe it's gotta be Samoa Joe. The guy is a fucking beast and an excellent wrestler when he's motivated (that's his main problem, in TNA he can't get motivated). Just imagine the classics he could put on with CM Punk, Jericho or Regal if given time...
Close second would be Davey Richards (though I sadly believe he would receive the Lance Storm treatment, even though he's not that boring...) and guys like Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles would be nice too.

Anyway, opinions?

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Re: Best WRESTLER who never worked for the WWE?

Well, if you're talking about in their primes it's definitely Sting. If you're talking about current wrestlers in this day & age, it's AJ Styles (who was offered a contract from the WWE but declined due to the relocation would interfere with his wife's college plans).

·
Registered
21,591 Posts

So basically you're talking about active guys now who havn't worked for Vince. In that case I'd have to go for Doug Williams, he'd make a great US champion. The promo's he'd cut with the US strap would be awesome and then the matchs he could put on with some of the WWE's midcard guys like Miz, MVP, Kofi etc would be top drawer WWE matches.

·
Registered
7,449 Posts

Abyss...:rolleyes:

Seriously, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. I see Joe coming to the WWE sooner than later.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Technically Joe and AJ have worked for WWE in the past so Sting would be one of the few people who will be on this list

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Definitely Sting. He is an absolute legend and the biggest name to never join the WWE. AJ Styles and Samoa Joe come in second.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
There is no living Legend besides Sting that never was in WWE, it's one of those things, it's a shame imagine:

Kane vs Sting
Sting vs Rey Mysterio
Sting vs Chris Jericho
Sting vs CM Punk
Sting vs Edge
Sting vs Triple H
And most importantly Sting vs Taker.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Nikita Koloff, Nick Bockwinkel, Sting

A Sting/Taker feud could've been great. Dunno how well the match would have gone down but Sting's "Crow" character versus the Deadman would've made for some interesting video packages.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Going by wrestling books, it might be "El Santo", but I've never seen the mans work; so, Im going with Sting.

(For those asking "Who's El Santo?", well, in Mexico he made more money in the 50's than Hogan did in America in the 80's ...thats A LOT of money, and possibly the biggest drawing power in history. He never worked for a MacMahon... as far as I know.)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts