Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few "best to never win a world title" threads, but I was wondering. Who was/is the best wrestler that never won any title??

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I did a video with my top 10 guys who never won the main title but as far as wrestlers who never won any titles...I really can't think of anyone apart from Doink the Clown.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Well, it depends on how technical you want to get, since any wrestler of note pretty much ever has held at least one title somewhere. If we're just talking major promotions, Jake Roberts is the first that jumps to my mind. He never held a championship in WWF or WCW. The most significant title he ever held was the Smoky Mountain Championship.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I'm pretty sure, as far as I know, that such men don't really exist, no?

Even low level indy wrestlers win titles.
If they don't win titles on such low levels (I'm not even talking about good indy promotions), then I guess that they don't really deserve them.

I mean, come on, Freight Train has a title, haha.

As for the "Never won a world title" thing, I'm guessing the most common answer is William Regal.

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As for the "Never won a world title" thing, I'm guessing the most common answer is William Regal.
The answers for that seem to be mainly Regal, Razor Ramon and Roddy Piper, which are all good answers. This one doesn't seem to have a good answer though, at least not that I can think of.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Aside from some already mentioned I'd also include Owen Hart and Curt Hennig. Both should have had a short run as WWF World Champion. I would rather Hennig beat Hogan at WM6 than Warrior. And Owen could have had a run during Bret's time, then dropped it back to Bret.

Note - I am only considering world titles, and not tag or mid card titles. Everyone pretty much gets a run somewhere as either tag or mid card champ.

Edit - I have to take Hennig out. I just realized that he did win the AWA world title so he doesn't qualify.

·
Registered
913 Posts
World Title? Roddy Piper.

Any Title? I have no idea.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Matt Osborne as the original Doink The Clown comes to mind. While Osborne himself has held titles. I don't recall Doink holding any titles.

·
Munster Mash
3,975 Posts
Zach Gowen? Does he count? I don't even remember him competing for a title.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
If it was just WWE i was thinking Bam Bam, he never won any titles with the E and headlined a wrestlemania. But including all three promotions? Honestly cant think of an answer for that

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ultimo Dragon/Muhammad Hassan/Shannon Moore.
Ultimo dragon won the Cruiserweight title and Shannon Moore won the Hardcore championship, Hassan is a good one though, didn't think of him.

Edit - Shannon moore was HC champion as a part of 3 count.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts