I would Wrestlemaina 8 just bc of how it wasnt what people wanted to see

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
See more
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Premium Member
46,388 Posts
Re: Best Wrestlemania

My favorites:

1) Wrestlemania III = The one that really kicked the show into high gear and gave it its larger than life standard to live up too. Hogan/Andre set the bar for how big a main event should be, and Savage/Steamboat is the first true Wrestlemania classic.

2) Wrestlemania VII = My favorite one from my childhood, filled with exciting matches, big feuds, memorable moments, and little historical gems like the Mania debut of the Road Warriors and the beginning of Undertaker's streak. Warrior Vs. Savage is also my favorite Mania match ever.

3) Wrestlemania VIII = My first Wrestlemania and a lot of fond memories are attached to it. Piper Vs. Bret and Flair Vs. Savage are two of my personal favorites. The 2nd half of the show was kind of a bunch of nothing, except Warrior's return was pretty neat.

4) Wrestlemania X = My birthday present! I turned 9 years old on the day this show aired. There are issues with the show, but it also delivered two of my all time favorite matches with Owen Vs. Bret and the game changing Ladder match between HBK and Razor Ramon. Also, seeing my favorite Wrestler at the time walk out of the show with the belt on a show from MSG felt special to me.

5) Wrestlemania XIV = The definitive Wrestlemania of the Attitude Era. When I think of Attitude Era WWF, this is the show I think of with DX, Mike Tyson, the Taker/Kane feud, The Rock making his way up, and of course, the beginning of the Austin Era, this show works as a fantastic time capsule of 1998 and showed that the magic was back after the lull of the post Hogan years.

6) Wrestlemania X-Seven = The grand finale of the Attitude Era with a big show in a big venue and plenty of exciting matches from start to finish. Despite my misgivings with the finish, the Austin/Rock closer is one for the ages and the best encounter between the two legends.

7) Wrestlemania XIX = Big matches and and an exciting atmosphere. We got the Wrestlemania return of Shawn Michaels, and the final Wrestlemania matches for both Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin, both of which were outstanding final Mania performances.

8) Wrestlemania XXX = The culmination of Daniel Bryan's rise to the top is the main reason this show stands out. There is also the end of the streak which is an interesting point in history (despite the match being putrid).

Of those 8 shows, I'm not sure I can pick a number one favorite, but I'd probably lean towards VII, XIV, X-Seven, or XIX

· alexa = greatest of all time!
not posting anymore
5,292 Posts

21 and 24 IMO overall quality of matches was great for both.

· Registered
12,961 Posts

Personally I think Hogan vs Warrior Mania is still the best. The energy and star power of the main event was crazy.

I like 10,12,13 and 14 as well because that was my favorite period as a fan. Ladder match, Ironman match, Hart vs Austin and then Austin vs hbk with Tyson. Bret,Shawn and Austin was at their quality peak.

· Registered
3,215 Posts

AEW ON TNT's FAVORITE MANIA's OF ALL TIME

1) Wrestlemania X-8 - The hype on the North Eastern part of the United States had MORE hype then any mania of all time due to Hogan coming back
2) Wrestlemania X-7 Only because WCW was purchased a few days before this event and because of Austin's heel turn
3) Wrestlemania 14 TYSON TYSON TYSON TYSONNNNNNN
4) Wrestlemania 30 Because of Taker being beat

· Registered
12,961 Posts

17 is probably the "right" answer but I've always had a soft spot for 14. Such a well built show that delivered. I'd go....

1. XIV
2. X7
3. III
4. XX
5. XXI
I am not big on 17 like others. I guess it being the first stadium Mania since 92 made it somewhat special. Plus, I was depressed WCW and ecw just went out of business. Terrible aura for me.

· Registered
3,215 Posts

I am not big on 17 like others. I guess it being the first stadium Mania since 92 made it somewhat special. Plus, I was depressed WCW and ecw just went out of business. Terrible aura for me.
I remember the week before and after Mania 17 happened, and not that many people in class were talking about it, In fact WWF and WCW have kind peetered out of popularity around the time No Mercy came out on N64 (it was still talked about) but not as much as it in the past, No doubt 17 was a good card but I never thought of that show as a hype magnet.

Now X-8 that is the show EVERYONE was talking about in class, everyone was talking about Hogan and the nWo, even old WCW heads came back to watch this pay per view, for me alone thats why I like 18 better, like you I was not THAT impressed with 17.

· Banned
5,079 Posts

I almost want to say X8 just because of Hogan/Rock

The overall card of X-7 blew it away, but the crowd for Hogan/Rock and the pure spectacle of seeing those 2 icons in the ring together was something special that will never be replicated.

So X-7 was the best WM while X8 had the best match.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.