Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diesel vs Shawn Michaels- WM 11

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My polls from before are to eliminate matches, and come down to this. All the matches on this poll are voted for by WF members, by me posting individual polls, asking whats the best match from every single Wrestlemania in the 1990's.

So here we go, whats the greatest Wrestlemania match of the 90's.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Shawn. Bret. 60 minutes. Nuff said.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart at WrestleMania 12 is one of my all time favorite matches but that has more to do with it being the biggest match of that entire era and between two of my all time favorite wrestlers who were given an hour to work with for the WWE title on the biggest stage of all. As great as that match was for me personally to watch and to see Shawn Michaels finally become the top guy in the company it wasn't as great of a match as Stone Cold Steve Austin/Bret Hart was which had basically everything a match should have in order to be close to perfect.

I think if we asked the top five matches at WrestleMania in the 90's i would be extremely surprised if Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart didn't feature in almost every single slot of the top five because basically these two carried WrestleMania through the 90's in terms of match quality even at lackluster events like in 1993, 1995, 1996 and 1997. If i had to choose just one it would be Stone Cold Steve Austin/Bret Hart but if i had to choose a top five it would be Stone Cold Steve Austin/Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels/Razor Ramon, Bret Hart/Owen Hart and either Randy Savage/Ric Flair or Randy Savage/Ultimate Warrior rounding off the top five.

·
Banned
407 Posts
where the fuck is Razor vs. Shawn? that match was better than that overrated shit Bret vs. Owen.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
In terms of hype and a must see attraction Hogan/Warrior, obviously the match wasn't going to be a classic but it definitely delivered.

Actual match is either Bret V Shawn Michaels or Austin V Bret.

·
Banned
4,682 Posts
LOL at the lack of votes for the two Savage matches. Wow. This board is really biased towards later eras.

I think the clear top tier matches here are: Savage-Warrior, Savage-Flair, Hart-Hart, Hart-Michaels, Hart-Austin. Any one of those would be a reasonable choice. I have no problem with the Hart matches getting a lot of votes.....but it's the lack of votes for Savage that has me perplexed. I would probably go with Savage-Warrior. But I was a kid and watched it live, and was amazed and exhausted by the end of the match.

Warrior-Hogan and Rock-Austin were epic spectacles. Truth be told, Hogan-Warrior was better IMO. Not a fan of the video game type matches of the attitude era where you had to hit your own finisher 7 times and steal the other guys finisher and hit that too, to win.

Tatanka-Michaels, Kane-Taker, Diesel-Michaels......those matches are not all time great matches and should get no votes whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Austin V Bret. The double turn in this match was done so well and Austin's bloody face whilst locked in the Sharpshooter has become iconic.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts