Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regardless of the movie's actual quality. cause i've had some great times at terrible movies. What was your favorite movie theater experience, and what was your worst.

My favorite was during Paranormal Activity, the whole theater screaming at times was really fun and added to the movie a lot.

Worst would have to be Pirates of the Caribbean 3, i had people kicking my seat the whole time.

·
Premium Member
43,605 Posts
Favorite theater Experiences:

Star Wars The Special Edition = It was my chance to see Star Wars up on the big screen and I loved it. The audience ERUPTED with applause when the Death Star blew up and it was great to get to be a part of that. I know damn well pretty much everybody in that theater had probably seen the movie already, but it didn't matter.

Godzilla 2000 = Being a bit of a G-Nerd, it was great to finally see The Big Guy in theater. When Godzilla came out of the water and his old school Ifukube theme started playing, the theater (filled with like minded nerds) cheered like nuts. It was a great time.

Return of the King = In addition to just being an awesome movie, it was hilarious to watch everybody get out of their seats and then back down for all of the false endings. Classic.

Rocky Balboa = Again, it was my chance to see a classic character on the big screen and there was actually a Rocky chant in the theater which was pretty sweet.

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones = When Yoda whipped out that lightsaber, I couldn't help myself. I started chanting Yoda and people followed along with me! A Goddamn "YODA!" chant in the theater. It was great.

Toy Story 3 = I don't think I've ever been at a movie with a more responsive crowd. Everybody just reacted to everything. It was almost like having "A Live Studio Audience" react to a sitcom, which was pretty awesome actually.

Every Horror Movie I've ever seen in Theaters = It seems like whenever I go see a horror flick, there are large groups of girls there and very few guys. Why that is, I don't know, but it is HILARIOUS to listen to them scream like banshees at every little thing. Even if the movie is that good, its usually a treat to just listen to the girls go nuts.

Least Favorite Theater Experiences:

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith = I enjoyed the movie, but I went with my mother & sister...they are whiny pains in the ass. I could sit here all day and talk about how they annoyed the living hell out of me the entire time from their whining about the food at the counter, to bitching at me to complain to the staff about it, to them almost picking a fight with somebody else in the theater. It was just terrible, and it was so bad, I decided to go see the movie again the next day without them. I haven't been to a movie with any of my family since.

Dr. Dolittle 2 = I can honestly say that this was the worst movie I've ever seen in theaters. It was HORRIBLE!!! Whoever worked on this has a sick fetish for animal bodily functions, and I'll just leave it at that.

Alice and Wonderland = I was bored out of my skull for this one and I really wanted to like it! What a shame.

Godzilla 1998 = The US Godzilla was a movie I was psyched for. I already talked about how much of a G-Fan I am, so naturally, I was looking forward to this. There was ALOT of hype as well. Well...it didn't live up to the hype. As it stands, its a pretty typical mindless summer blockbuster, but as a Godzilla movie, its a failure and I was let down.

·
Registered
22,739 Posts
I can't think of the best, but as far as worst goes

I don't remember which movie, but I picked up my soda from the top and ended up spilling it all over myself. My shorts were just soaked

Another was when I went to see Superman Returns. There was a guy who just gave away a part of the movie away. He wasn't load but wasn't all that quite either. Granted I personally knew what it was already, but still very rude.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Favorite experience wasn't a actual movie but rather a broadway show I saw last year. It was Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, think it was called Jersey Boys or something. That was a amazing night for my birthday.

As far as movies go I liked going as a little kid watching those kiddy movies and anytime I went was fun. For me now I don't really like going to the movies anymore because the movies today are just not very good. If I'm gonna watch a good movie it'll be on my tv from Turner Classic Movies or something.

·
40,600 Posts
The best is seeing Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid on the big screen. Every summer a theater downtown will show classics all summer. It's great. In August I'll be seeing Lawrence of Arabia.

I don't have a worst I guess cause I can't think of one. Most recently Clash of the Titans was the worst movie I've seen in some time if that counts.

·
There are players and then there are pieces
5,052 Posts
The worst was when I saw the Nightmare on Elm Street remake and the people behind me talked throughout the whole movie, but they talked about what they had to eat for lunch or what they did at work that day. I was pissed.

The best for me was also Paranormal Activity because I didn't find the movie scary at all but the people in the theater were going apeshit. I couldn't stop laughing at the audience during the movie.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The ones I enjoyed the most usually involved some youthful date shenanigans, so I'll skip those...

Seeing Mission to Mars was funny, because the movie was so bad that the cinema was packed with loads of guys openly cracking up at the poor action. There was one scene where one of the main characters sacrificied himself to save the rest of the crew by taking off his helmet and floating off into space to his death. It was supposed to be the key emotional scene in the movie, but was so poorly executed that it was unintentionally hilarious. Everyone laughed.

Rambo (the latest one) was pretty good too. A load of us got totally loaded then went to watch it. The enjoyment of body count and mindless violence was magnified tenfold by sinking several beers whilst watching it.

·
Indeed
16,935 Posts
Ironically, the best I had was Eragon. I was alone in the entire Theater. It was two weeks after it was released and obviously, word of mouth had spread and it was negative, so nobody went. I wanted to see for myself how bad it was, and I ended up being the only guy in the Theater. Suffice to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience despite the film being mediocre. Me being alone and shouting, marking out for certain moments, and just generally being a goofball made the entire film experience worthwhile for me.

As for negative? Fantastic Four. The Theater was so fucking packed and there were screaming kids and shit. Only good thing about that experience was seeing Jessica Alba in a skintight suit on a big screen.

·
The man with the plan
2,676 Posts
Don't go to the cinema a lot, but I have some experiences...

Favourite: Went to see Kung Fu Panda w/ my mums French friends husband and their adopted son. Thought it would be boring, but turned out to be a really good movie and the laughter of the children really added to it.

Worst: Travelled down from Inverness to Helensburgh (A couple hundreds miles; journey usualy takes 3-4 hours) Get home, get ready and make it to the train station, miss the first train and my anxiety kicks in and I begin to feel like I'm going to spew everywhere. Get on the train and do the 45 minute train journey by myself, listening to some annoying English people talking with their annoying English accents. To make matters worse, some fat kid farted in my carrage making me feel even more like throwing up. Get off the train and end up getting lost in Glasgow trying to find the cinema, try and ask some people but they told me to F off:( then I finally find the cinema and all my mates have gone in already, I spend 10 minutes pleading with the woman at the desk to let me in to see Batman: Dark Knight, but she said it was full even though my friends called saying that they had a seat saved for me. Finally gave up and walked around Glasgow for three hours by myself feeling depressed, then my friends finally get out and we only spend an hour together before they decide to go home.

Terrible, terrible day:(

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Don't really know about the best, but when I went to see Iron Man 2, not only was the film awful, but I had to struggle through the whole time because of the theater hall. It smelled like shit there, the seat was uncomfortable and the screen was filled with weird black lines that caught my eye all the time. Added to that, I could hear the projector rolling the whole time because I sat in the middle of the top row.

Just awful.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
My best and worst was the last Lord of the Rings movie. Worst, cos its fucking terrible and seems to last weeks. Best, cos there was a mentally challenged guy in the cinema and at the point where the old guy asks one of the hobbits to sing for him, the retard let out this wierd yelp/moan/garble. It was hilarious.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
New Moon. this was for the best too. we were a pretty raucous and drunk crew. pretty close to thrown out several times, especially when my friend started to fake (possibly actually) jerk it to shirtless Taylor Lautner.

we did it all for the lulz.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
My best was when I went to see Over The Hedge ha, I was 19 aswell. There was nothing else out that caught our eye, & I was with my girlfriend and had a great night afterwards so I always looks on that experience as one of the most joyful of my entire life.

Worst, probably The Day After Tomorrow. We talked all the way through and one of the other patrons threatened our lives. Haha, we bailed out of there at the end so fast...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
When I went to see Star Wars Episode 3 at a local theatre I was the only person in there, you can decide whether it was negative or positive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts