WM 20 - Victoria vs Molly Holly
WM 21 - Trish Stratus vs Christy Hemme
WM 22 - Mickie James vs Trish Stratus
WM 22 - Torrie Wilson vs Candice Michelle
WM 23 - Melina vs Ashley
WM 24 - Beth Pheonix/Melina vs Maria/Ashley
WM 25 - Diva Battle Royal
WM 26 - 10 diva tag

So in your opinion, what is the best women's match in Wrestlemania history? Off the top of my head, the only ones that I would have even given two stars too is Stratus/Victoria/Jazz at WM 19 and Trish/Mickie at WM 22
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
418 Posts
If the ending wasn't botched, that Mickie/Trish match would have been up there as the best Diva's match ever.

Honestly.

But since this is just WrestleMania, this match wins, thought the two Jazz triple threats were good, as well... Jazz was a scary, but small, woman.

· Registered
6,216 Posts
Mickie vs Trish

Trish vs Lita vs Jazz

Trish vs Victoria vs Jazz

· Registered
420 Posts
Trish/Mickie, by far. I doubt we'll ever see a divas match built up this well or as entertaining as this one for a while. Heel Mickie (well, I guess she was heel even though the fans loved her) was great.

· Registered
1,928 Posts
As soon as I saw the thread title, I immediately thought "Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James...EASILY."

That's for a few reasons: it had the greatest build for any women's match, WM or otherwise (almost six months if I remember), the match itself worked for the story and told a great story itself, the crowd was electric, and there was something very intense about the match. Just one of the best women's matches ever.

It also helped that there are few women's matches that even come close. The other has Trish Stratus and is also from 2006, against Lita.

There was never anything quite as good leading up to that (save for the two triple threats at WM X8 and XIX, and definitely nothing that good ever followed. Jeez, it was only a year later that Melina and Ashley couldn't put on a decent match for three minutes.

Reactions: KingKicks

· Registered
12,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is there any combo of women that could put on a two star match this year? The only workers that I think could get to a two star match today would be Gail Kim and Natalya, but obviously they are not going to be facing each other.

Sounds like there is not going to be a women's only match this year at Wrestlemania.

· Registered
72 Posts
which ever was the shortest,sorry.
:lmao seconded.

However, I loved the Victoria vs. Molly Holly match at WM XX simply because it was the first WM I ordered and was the only 'proper' women's match on there. And psycho Victoria shaving Molly's hair off was a treat to watch. So yeah, that's my favourite, i'm not sure on the best, though.

· Registered
468 Posts
Jazz vs Trish Stratus vs Lita
Trish Stratus vs Victoria vs Jazz
Victoria vs Molly Holly
Mickie James vs Trish Stratus

Women's wrestling has fallen since Trish left. WWE has a clear focus on what they want in their women to do and wrestling is not one of them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.