Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now i know that the divas division these days is pretty bad . but over the years we have seen some awesome Womens bouts ..
Just wondering what everyones fav Womens / Divas match is ??

I always have a spot for Trish Vs Mickie @ Mania 22
Along with Trish Vs Victoria At Survivor Series 02

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Mickie James vs Trish Stratus at WM22.

And in recent years, Divas of Doom vs LayCool in a Tables Match at TLC 2010. Tamina vs Beth Phoenix at Elimination Chamber this year was also great.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Personal favorite:
Lita vs Trish Stratus in the mainevent of RAW in 2004 when Lita won the title.
-Great crowd
(I'm biased but I loved Lita's suicide dive,powerbomb,and the moonsault in that match;and oh yeah and the fact that she won the match.)

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
My knowledge on womens wrestling is far from sufficient enough to give a good answer, the best I've seen was Kong vs Tara in 2009 at a PPV I forgot in a cage match, but it was by no means a classic compared to top males matches, however I heard there were legit ***** womens matches in Japan as in Taker vs Micheals level, if someone is into japanese wrestling I'd love a few match references with female ***** matches (if they indeed exist), would feel surreal to see women outwrestling 99% of men, even top male workers.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Attitude Era: Stephanie McMahon Vs Trish Stratus at No Way Out.
Ruthless Aggression Era: Trish Stratus Vs Lita in the main event of RAW.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
The best I've seen in WWE is Trish/Lita at the '06 Unforgiven. The best I've seen in the U.S. was this tag match at the '95 World War 3 in WCW: Bull Nakano and Akira Hokuto vs. Mayumi Ozaki and Cutie Suzuki. This match is definitely worth checking out.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Trish vs Victoria vs Jazz @ WM 18. A favorite of mine.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Any Bra & Panties match with Stacey Keibler haha.
Honestly, I don't really care for Womens/Divas matches. Lita vs Trish probably was the best women's wrestling match I've seen. Those 2 could actually wrestle.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'll ignore the trolling comments like the above...here's a few of mine.

Lita vs. Trish ME Raw, Women's title, 2004 - Brilliant.

Chyna vs Ivory, WM17 - Chyna looked amazing back then and as a little kid I HATED Ivory (she was an awesome heel in RTC) so I was thrilled to see her get her ass handed to her by Chyna.

Steph Vs Trish, NWO 2001 - COnsidering at the time both were valets with no real in-ring training both ladies put on a great show. Trish showing her potential even then with some solid offensive moves. Steph in retrospect when she actually wrestled rather than used dirty tactics wasn't too bad for what she was really.

Can't remember the date but it was c.2004 and a fatal-4-way where Victoria won the women's title - the standing ovation she got at the end was a genuine emotive moment. I thought so anyway.

More recent ones:

Beth vs. Eve, Vengeance 2011 - Great showing by both and proved that Eve can hang with the best given the chance.

Layla vs. Nikki, ER '12 - OK, I'm biased but I marked for Layla's return and was hoping she didn't lose any of her in-ring skill. One match of hers havent yet seen was the LayCool vs. DOD Tables match but heard good things from even the harshest critics about it.

And I have to say, the various Alicia vs. Natalya matches during summer 2011 were pretty good too, I'm not her biggest fan but I think Fox isn't as bad as people paint her.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Lita vs Trish Stratus Main event of RAW. Just the story of the match, the pacing, the crowd response, JR on commentary, everything in this match was excellent. This is one of the rare gems where Lita was able to prove she was still very good in the ring, and Trish got to show how much she'd grown in working a match as a heel. Also I think was the best version of their rivalry, with Lita as face and Trish as heel.

I like that this match was planned by both women, and that it was the culmination of BOTH divas hard work over the year. Vince basically rewarded them for creating their own story and angles in 2004, which culminated in the main event of RAW. It's the perfect example for current divas of what could happen if you work hard together and get yourself over...so over that you could main event a Monday Night RAW and not look out of place. This was a story they collaborated on and developed, not something that Creative just pulled out of their asses for them. I think it gets overshadowed by Trish vs Mickie, and I always thought the WM 22 match while great, got ruined by the botch at the end and was overrated by the crowd response getting hot for tits and ass.

Trish vs Victoria vs Jazz @ WM 18. A favorite of mine.
This is a great and underrated match as well. I also thought that Lita vs Jazz vs Trish Stratus was a great match and underrated. It had some killer spots, just not a lot of crowd reaction because it followed Rock vs Hogan.

The cradle suplex off the top rope at the end was a great finisher, and I really enjoyed seeing Trish come into her own as a bumper and a bit of a daredevil in that match, she proved she could sell agony with the best of them.

The best I've seen in WWE is Trish/Lita at the '06 Unforgiven. The best I've seen in the U.S. was this tag match at the '95 World War 3 in WCW: Bull Nakano and Akira Hokuto vs. Mayumi Ozaki and Cutie Suzuki. This match is definitely worth checking out.
I've not seen this, I have to look it up.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Melina vs. Alicia Fox

What?!
Hahhahaha ..

So alot of people seem to enjoy the same matches, The M/E Of Raw in 04 with Lita was phenominal . does anyone know if that match is on any of the wwe dvd releases as an EXTRA ?

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Trish vs Steph - No Way Out 2001
Trish Vs Lita - Raw Main Event
Trish Vs Mickie WM 22
Mickie vs Melina Backlash
Mickie vs Melina vs Beth Don't know the PPV

·
Registered
290 Posts
Haven't seen it in ages, but I remember Trish vs Victoria Hardcore match at Survivor Series '02 being great.

I really enjoyed the Beth vs Tamina match at Elimination Chamber this year as well.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts