Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Y'all are caught up in the moment

I always give AE fans shit for thinking it as the beginning of wrestling, but Lita and Sable were definitely more over than Becky, and Becky wasn't even a babyface at the beginning of her WM push

I lie Becky but her being in the WM Main event was mostly bcuz of Steph and her faux feminist women's movement and all other storylines were haunted as usual

that and it really was a down year in the WWE

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
THE STATE OF THIS THREAD

Here I am, about to take a short nap, and I'm scrolling through this shithouse of another Pseudo Becky worship thread,
and I don't see the woman that started it all. 5 pages in and I have to straighten everyone out.
The woman that really introduced being sexy to the WWF/WWE audience and
she did a fucking great job at it, and ushered in a new era virtually for every woman after her:

Of course I am talking about SUNNY

1996's most downloaded woman on the internet, would have BLOWN SABLE AWAY if she would have done a PB shoot, and in her prime top 3 sexiest of all time.

The most intoxicating charisma on screen out of any diva listed by a very significant margin, and in her prime everyone...and I mean everyone fucking loved her, there was no two ways about it, you say otherwise you are fucking lying to yourself. Every 27-33 in this thread crushed on her that was watching back then, and I know its fucking true.

1:45 of the video. Get wrekt.

Yeah she had her demons, but damn she was a true trail blazer that ushered in an era of absolute sexiness and was attitude before attitude.

RIP thread.

Now continue with your Becky love. But I bet a dollar the half of ya watch that video again son if you clicked.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,006 Posts
Miss Elizabeth was universally loved by everyone. She was a big reason why Macho Man was such a great heel. People despised him for how he treated Liz.

Sable. Sable was a legit draw during one of the hottest periods in history. The fact that she broke records with her Playboy issue is more evidence that her popularity transcended beyond wrestling. She was literally one of the faces of the company with Stone Cold and the Rock.

Anyone else to those two doesn’t come close. Trish/Lita were popular but they were never more than a side attraction/midcard role. Becky Lynch or any of the current “Women’s Revolution” era aren’t even in the discussion. I don’t care if they main evented WrestleMania. So did Bam Bam vs Lawrence Taylor. They are both publicity stunts in two of the weakest periods ever in WWE/F.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,859 Posts

duh...

·
Premium Member
43,785 Posts
Miss Elizabeth was the shining example of beauty, elegance, and heart during her era. She was such a strong presence for purity that when she turned heel in WCW, that was almost as shocking to me as Hogan's heel turn. However, she wasn't technically a wrestler, so I won't count her.

Sable was MAD FREAKING OVER during her time, but I attribute that more to her sex appeal and hotness rather than anything substantial. Liz's story with Mach was one of the greatest love stories in wrestling (at least in front of the camera) where as Sable never really had anything that got me hooked except for, well, you know.

For actual in ring talents, Lita kind of takes the cake for me as she was that cool bad ass chick that you always wanted to see get her licks in. She worked as a heel too, but I like to look back on her as a babyface.

And if I can count NXT, Bayley was so gosh darn lovable and a perfect underdog. Her match with Sasha where she won the title had me at a point where if Bayley had lost, it would have been soul crushing, and those are the emotions I like to feel while watching muh wrasslin.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Lita or Trish would be the two most obvious answers. Lita being the first woman to make womens wrestling cool and was just as popular as her male counterparts Jeff & Matt, and Trish who was the fans grew to respect as she evolved from just another blonde with tits to an overall great professional wrestler.

I lean more towards Lita since no matter how much the WWE may have preferred Trish even they seem to know that Lita was overall the better face.

Honorable Mentions to the following
Becky Lynch
Bayley
Sasha Banks
Asuka
Mickie James
Melina

Even though these women did well in their role as a face the WWE never got fully behind them as they did Trish and Lita.

I don't get why people bring up women like Sable or Sunny. They really weren't good faces just women that showed skin.

·
Registered
871 Posts
You are confusing female talent with a model. Sunny was overrrated hot trash, give me sable any day. In terms of overall impact on the industry Becky, lita and trish are the biggest baby faces ever.

·
Standing with The Man
5,986 Posts
Currently it's Becky Lynch, the fact her heel turn had to be abandoned due to her popularity says enough and from this moment
to this moment, including being added too and winning the Royal Rumble
No one could touch Becky's popularity not even the guys, I don't even recall past AE women getting reactions like Becky did, I think they where even forced to turn Ronda heel because she couldn't go into Mania as a babyface alongside Becky.

Overall I'd have to go with Miss Elizabeth.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts