Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? I'm American and can only speak English and Bullshit. I am trying to learn Spanish though as I see it being helpful in the future, job opportunity wise, and I like mama cita (still learning). Anyone have any software recommendations?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Practise is the best way to learn language. Try to speak it every day. Learn basics and visit local websites such as BBC.
p.s. why spanish? Give german or french a try.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Find a Spanish woman (or man) and have sex with her (him). Through the wonders of deoxyribonucleic acid you will then speak fluid Spanish.

And that's a scientific fact!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Honestly, recommend following this guide. If you choose not to, I do recommend familiarizing yourself with Spanish pronunciation. This way, nothing you'll hear will sound like gobbledygook.

·
Premium Member
17,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Practise is the best way to learn language. Try to speak it every day. Learn basics and visit local websites such as BBC.
p.s. why spanish? Give german or french a try.
did German in School for 3 years actually, I'm decent. But, I'm going into Sport's nutrition in America. Lots of Spanish people play sports in America. Statistical fact.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Best way to learn another language is to surround yourself with people who speak another language and you'll pick it up by trying to follow their everyday conversation.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,744 Posts
I'm a self taught polyglot, and most of the languages are Category 4 languages, my suggestions are:

1) Find tapes\videos\books, and lots of them. Some tapes are shit, but even the shitty ones have things you can learn from, if you're learning Spanish you can probably find books and tapes all over the place, at you're library and so on. Some recommendations I have are the Lonely Planet Phrasebooks, they're always less than 10 dollars and have loads of info on grammar, pronunciation, and vocabulary for every subject from getting to know someone to travel issues to discussing where to find clean Heroin needles. Not joking. Pimsleur tapes are good but fucking expensive unless you know where to look on the internet. ;) Rosetta Stone is also OK, but I wouldn't spend a buncha money on it.

2) Find people to practice with, skype used to be awesome for this but now it sucks, luckily Spanish is spoken widely in America so it shouldn't be that hard. One nice thing about the Pimsleur tapes is they walk you through conversations.

3) Flash cards, I use a computer program called CueCard to make these, it has a lot of study modes on it and it is free. I have 102 cards in Korean right now. :D

4) If you can make visual associations of words in your mind, or can make menomics, you can learn words easier.

Good luck bro.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Unless you want to move to that country, the best way is to see movies or videos of people talking the language you want to learn with added English subtitles, that will help you get the basics of the language. I've learned 3 languages that way, obviously you get grammar mistakes cause not everything can be directly translated, but afterwards you learn to correct yourself, the best way to start is to watch movies or videos, tv shows etc. from that country with subtitles so you can follow in english and pick up words and sentences and be like - oh ok, that = to this etc.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What do you do when you want to get good at anything? Hmmm... let me think for a second... yes, I've got it: PRACTICE. Because that's what common sense would pretty much dictate isn't it? Yes. This was totally a thread-worthy question.

Try Yahoo Answers next time, you may even get an even more obvious, less-retarded suggestion than that.

·
Premium Member
17,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What do you do when you want to get good at anything? Hmmm... let me think for a second... yes, I've got it: PRACTICE. Because that's what common sense would pretty much dictate isn't it? Yes. This was totally a thread-worthy question.

Try Yahoo Answers next time, you may even get an even more obvious, less-retarded suggestion than that.

What do you think? I'm American and can only speak English and Bullshit. I am trying to learn Spanish though as I see it being helpful in the future, job opportunity wise, and I like mama cita (still learning). Anyone have any software recommendations?
You are stupid.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I'm a self taught polyglot, and most of the languages are Category 4 languages, my suggestions are:

1) Find tapes\videos\books, and lots of them. Some tapes are shit, but even the shitty ones have things you can learn from, if you're learning Spanish you can probably find books and tapes all over the place, at you're library and so on. Some recommendations I have are the Lonely Planet Phrasebooks, they're always less than 10 dollars and have loads of info on grammar, pronunciation, and vocabulary for every subject from getting to know someone to travel issues to discussing where to find clean Heroin needles. Not joking. Pimsleur tapes are good but fucking expensive unless you know where to look on the internet. ;) Rosetta Stone is also OK, but I wouldn't spend a buncha money on it.

2) Find people to practice with, skype used to be awesome for this but now it sucks, luckily Spanish is spoken widely in America so it shouldn't be that hard. One nice thing about the Pimsleur tapes is they walk you through conversations.

3) Flash cards, I use a computer program called CueCard to make these, it has a lot of study modes on it and it is free. I have 102 cards in Korean right now. :D

4) If you can make visual associations of words in your mind, or can make menomics, you can learn words easier.

Good luck bro.
I'd recommend Rosetta Stone over Pimsleur any day. Rosetta immerses you in the language from vocabulary, syntax and grammar. Pimsleur just teaches you basic phrases.

Anki is another good program to use.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
why would anyone buy rosetta stone when you can download it for free? :kobe

1 - 20 of 35 Posts