Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Heroes For Hire
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thread is pretty self explanitory,talk about the best deal you've ever gotten from a video game purchase.

I got Brutal Legend for about $6-$8 in April from Glyde,it was pretty sweet considering it's at least $10 elsewhere.

I bought Borderlands for $15 on ebay,but i'm pissed i didn't get it sooner,because i could have gotten the GOTY Edition for the same price factory sealed on Amazon a week earlier.

And i just recently bought Star Wars:The Force Unleashed 2 for xbox 360 for $15 factory sealed on ebay.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
Power Gig for the X-Box 360 new in box, it regularly sells for $149+, for only $29.99 at Big Lots a while back.

I also bought Dead Space 2 earlier for $29.99 at a local Wal-Mart. I know that's not a great deal but wanted something to go along with my Power Gig story.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
I have gotten some hard to find games on ebay for like $10 each. I think the best deals I have really gotten are from getting GameCube, ps2, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 64 and XBOX 360 because I didn't pay a penny for either of them, got them all for a gift over the years from my Mom and Sister and a friend gave me the N64

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
brought a madcatz tournament edition fightstick about a year ago for £50,sold it five months ago for £120! wish id have waited actually,their going for ridiculous prices atm which is quite remarkable since the things arent even that good.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
One that comes to mind is when I got COD4 for £10 about two years ago. It was a limited offer in GAME and when I traded it back in a few weeks back, I near enough got all my money back.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
I spent $8 for a used copy of The Orange Box from a local place here. TOB full price is the best deal in gaming ever so I marked with glee when I found that.

·
22,784 Posts
Got Conker's Bad Fur Day boxed with instructions for the N64 over a year ago for about £15. Rarely see it under £40 and that's JUST for the cart :D.

Actually, come to think of it, I've managed to pick up quite a few "rare/expensive" retro games for cheap as fook :p.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i went to a yard sale last week and the old women was selling a sealed version of Portal 2 for 5 bucks.. IDK why, but it was a great deal.. She had said she bought it for her grandson, who said he didn't want it..

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
A few years ago I bought Primal Rage on the SNES for £8, played it for an hour, went to the shop across the street and sold it to them for £11. I thought that was pretty good at the time.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i went to a yard sale last week and the old women was selling a sealed version of Portal 2 for 5 bucks.. IDK why, but it was a great deal.. She had said she bought it for her grandson, who said he didn't want it..
Shit,how long ago was this? Because you got one hell of a deal bro.

·
Registered
104 Posts
250gb PS3 with Fifa 10, Mirrors Edge, 2 Blu Ray Films, Extra Controller , Headset, HDMI cable and Recharger for multiple contollers at once for €300

·
Registered
786 Posts
I bought MGS3 subsistence sealed for £10 and sold it a year later for £55, bought MGS twin snaked for £12 and sold it about 8 months later for £40.

My best ever buy is MGS2 for a quid, simply because i fuckin love that game.

My best deal ever however is swapping my xbox 360 for a PS3

1 - 20 of 24 Posts