Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched smackdown and damn that match between kofi kingston and drew mcintyre was friggin awesome.

It portrayed awesome story development, strong moves and counters galore. I may be talking it up a bit because im a Kofi mark, but im far from a mcintyre mark, and im definately singing both athlete's praises in this match.

It also mark the end of the undefeated streak of kofi kingston since moving to smackdown haha! little bit of trivia there!

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
It was a good weekly match. Certainly not best for the year, but the two have pretty tremendous chemistry together. With Rhodes, Chavo, Ziggler, McIntyre, Kingston, Christian and Matt Hardy, SmackDown! is still really strong through the midcard, and I think that was showed again this week with both the match this thread is about and the three way on this show, which was pretty decent.

·
Banned
773 Posts
was a very good match high 3 star range from me i really thought it was an extremely fast paced entertaining match and drew does have heaps of potential

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Kofi and Drew have great chemistry. I wouldn't call it best TV match this year and I prefered their PPV match, but if it was 5 minutes longer it definitely had the potential to be TV match of the year.

Dear WWE, please give Kofi the MITB briefcase and I'll never ask anything of you ever again.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
It was a great match. It's too bad that Drew won.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I would still give TV match of the year to either Edge/Christian or Morrison/Swagger II, but I agree that this match was pretty damn great. They always do seem to have good matches together, and I would say that this one could have been the best yet. It got a lot of time and made both guys look great.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
I would still give TV match of the year to either Edge/Christian or Morrison/Swagger II, but I agree that this match was pretty damn great. They always do seem to have good matches together, and I would say that this one could have been the best yet. It got a lot of time and made both guys look great.
Morrison/Rhodes is one of the first one that springs to mind for me.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
All of their matches have been great, however I'd have to say Kofi/Christian for the IC title was my favourite TV match this year.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I agree that it was a great match, it just stinks that Smackdown has to put the same guys against each other all the time. (See : Big Show/Swagger)

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
Incredible match, with each match these two have against each other it makes you recall midcard matches between Rock and Triple H or Bret Hart and HBK or other pairings where you knew they were both destined to become huge main event strars. Damn, I love their chemistry together, and I want to see this hot feud continue.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was impressed, pretty solid match.

Am I the only one who doesn't see anything in Kofi Kingston?

Edit: Besides an occasional decent match. I don't think he's main event material is what I meant.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Nice to see people finally giving Drew some love for his ring work. Nothing against Kofi, but he isn't exactly the type of guy that's gonna carry somebody to an excellent match every week so obviously this was a joint effort. I thought Drew was good on the mic in the opening segment with Teddy too. He's got potential to be a good face down the road too.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
it was good. probably not even a top 10 SD match this year nevermind best tv match this year but still good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts