Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
It's all personal preference really, but I'm going with Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig. The guy had it all really. He was fluid with his motions, money on the mic and had an incredible look/gimmick. It's a shame that he had injury problems during his career and truly left us too soon.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
I think in his prime, a couple of years back it was Chris Jericho. Kurt Angle was also a great "Total Package" The guy could play a lovable face, during the Austin feud in 01 we saw that, he could cut a great promo as a face and do some good things (His EC&K stuff were epic along with the Milk Truck and pushing Austin off the "fake" bridge.) And as an obnoxious heel he was even better while being one of the best in the ring, having great matches with almost anyone.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Stone Cold Steve Austin, no question about it. Randy Savage and Triple H are certainly up there too. Ric Flair is exempt, because well, he was never part of the WWE during his prime, and guys like Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, The Rock and Chris Jericho were all lacking something.

(Storytelling ability, drawing ability, technical wrestling skills, technical wrestling skills and drawing ability, respectively.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Jericho, Angle ... maybe Punk, on reflection?

Anyway, obviously the Rock, and probably John Cena, actually, as much as I feel uncomfortable saying that.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Stone Cold Steve Austin, no question about it. Randy Savage and Triple H are certainly up there too. Ric Flair is exempt, because well, he was never part of the WWE during his prime, and guys like Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, The Rock and Chris Jericho were all lacking something.

(Storytelling ability, drawing ability, technical wrestling skills, technical wrestling skills and drawing ability, respectively.
Kurt Angle not a good storyteller? As in an in-ring storyteller? Shit, I thought he did a helluva job at doing that.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Perfect was superb. The total wrestler. Good shout on Angle too. I would say Eddie Guerrero is my shout too, could turn heel or face at a whim and epic in the ring.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Kurt Angle not a good storyteller? As in an in-ring storyteller? Shit, I thought he did a helluva job at doing that.
No, he doesn't. Kurt is a great technical wrestler- he executes moves extremely well. However, his storytelling is terrible. Half the shit he does in the ring doesn't make any sense, and is done for no other reason that to have the crowd react to his SPOTZ!~

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I'm gonna go with Guerrero ,he was such a complete wrestler.He was immense in the ring ,he oozed charsima and could play a vast range of characters perfectly.I loved the serious heel persona he adapted during his fued with Mysterio.Honourable mentions go to Austin ,Rock and Mr.Perfect.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
I'm gonna go with Guerrero ,he was such a complete wrestler.He was immense in the ring ,he oozed charsima and could play a vast range of characters perfectly.I loved the serious heel persona he adapted during his fued with Mysterio.Honourable mentions go to Austin ,Rock and Mr.Perfect.
I was thinking about Guerrero but thought he lacked soemthing, not sure what it was maybe drawing power as it may just be a personal oppinoin and I could be wrong but I don't think he could have a whole arena filled up just to see him, sure he was over but so was Michaels and Jericho but they didn't have drawing power like Austin and Hogan.

And yes, I know he headlined Wrestlemania but I think that people bought it to see Benoit/HBK/HHH not all for him as he didn't draw it all and he did also headline NWO 04 with Lesnar where he initally won the title but me personaly, I think that what drew was the fact that Goldberg was promised to be there and confront Lesnar not exactly Guerrero. Guerrero was over as hell and I loved him, huge fan but I don't think he was a total package, something was missing.

·
Registered
496 Posts
What about Rick Rude? I've only seen some of his matches but I know the guy could cut a mean promo and I enjoyed the few matches I've seen.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I was thinking about Guerrero but thought he lacked soemthing, not sure what it was maybe drawing power as it may just be a personal oppinoin and I could be wrong but I don't think he could have a whole arena filled up just to see him, sure he was over but so was Michaels and Jericho but they didn't have drawing power like Austin and Hogan.

And yes, I know he headlined Wrestlemania but I think that people bought it to see Benoit/HBK/HHH not all for him as he didn't draw it all and he did also headline NWO 04 with Lesnar where he initally won the title but me personaly, I think that what drew was the fact that Goldberg was promised to be there and confront Lesnar not exactly Guerrero. Guerrero was over as hell and I loved him, huge fan but I don't think he was a total package, something was missing.
We honestly didn't really get to see his real drawing power in my opinion ,yes ,he was a good draw as the loveable babyface but I think people would of payed money to see him get his ass kicked as a heel.I think wwe where only scratching the surface of Eddie before his passing really .I agree though ,if he lacked anything it was probably drawing power and lack of a certain aura.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho or Shawn Michaels for me.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
We honestly didn't really get to see his real drawing power in my opinion ,yes ,he was a good draw as the loveable babyface but I think people would of payed money to see him get his ass kicked as a heel.I think wwe where only scratching the surface of Eddie before his passing really .I agree though ,if he lacked anything it was probably drawing power and lack of a certain aura.
True, they were only scratching the surface with him and he was on the brink of another World tilte win before he passed away, Stephanie said in an interview sometime after that he was originally planned to be on the SD team against Raw at Survivor Series, have an face to face confrontation with Batista who he faced a few times not to much prior, and possibly have SD lose as a result, and face / win against Batista for the title at Armageddon.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
There have been "total packages" over the years but in terms of success, longevity and history I'd go with Shawn Michaels. The look, the mic skills, awesome in the ring, could work with anyone and make them look like a million bucks.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts