Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what you would consider to be TNA's best pay per view to date?

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
My Pick is Bound for Glory 2007. Great energy, they were out of the Impact Zone infront of a hot GA crowd, some great moemnts, and some awesome matches. I loved this show.

- XXX Vs. LAX in Ultimate X = AWESOME!!! Very cool spotfest kind of match.
- Fight for the Right was ok. Worst part of the show.
- AJ/Tomko Vs. Team Pacman for Tag Titles = ALOT of fun. Very entertaining & it was great to see AJ win a belt in his homestate.
- Daniels Vs. Lethal for X Title = AWESOME!!! Bit of a forgotten gem really.
- Steiners Vs. 3D in a Tables Match = Very good brawling type of match. The table spots were cool (Frankensteiner through a table) and it was just a very fun match.
- KO Gauntlet to crown the 1st KO Champ was really cool. Gail winning was a cool moment & Kong was showed off very well here (minus her, uh, wardrobe malfunction).
- Joe Vs. Christian = AWESOME!!! Great match.
- Monster's Ball = Fine for what it was.
- Sting Vs. Angle for the World Title = AWESOME!!! Great match. Loved it and its the type of match you'd want these two to have together.

So yeah, this show was awesome. Plain & Simple, and my pick for TNA's personal best. It had everything from Tag Teams, to X Division, to Knockouts, to Hardcore, to Big Grudge Matches, to Dream Match Main Events. This show had it all.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I have to agree with GGG. Fantastic card and delivery.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Yep, BFG 07 for me too. Also, BFG 06 deserves a mention.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Lockdown 2006. Great high flying action from the X Division and topped off with an awesome double event featuring Cage/Abyss and Lethal Lockdown which provided insane spots.

·
Registered
205 Posts
For me, Turning Point 2005 is my personal favorite. Nothing was really 'terrible' on that show. But quality wise? You're probably talking BFG07. But nearly all the Bound For Glory's deserve a mention, 2006 and 2008 anyway! All awesome shows. Genesis 05 was another great show, loved the X-Division multi-man and the 3D/Rhino vs. Jarrett/AMW street fight.

Honorable mentions go to:
-Final Resolution 05
-Slammiversary 06
-Genesis 06
-Hard Justice 08
-Turning Point 08
-Genesis 09
-Turning Point 09

·
My Time Is Now
710 Posts
Bound for glory 07 was simply brilliant

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Its amazing how good TNA ppvs used to be. I have to go with Unbreakable 2005 though. X-Division title match in the main event and the best main event in TNA history IMO.

·
Registered
298 Posts
1.Bound for Glory 2007
2.Turning Point 2009
3.Unbreakable 2005
4.Turning Point 2004
5.Turning Point 2005
6.Sacrifice 2007
7.Sacrifice 2005
8.Bound for Glory 2006
9.Against all odds 2006
10.Lockdown 2006

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I thought Unbreakable 2005 was fantastic

·
Registered
203 Posts
There really have been alot of great PPV's
especially in the early years of TNA
but i'm going to choose one that i found the most fun to watch personally, and that was BFG 2010

It wasn't perfect, far from it. But with a group of friends just laughing and having a good time it was a blast to watch

The opening Tag match was great fun and still my favourite Gen Me vs Guns match

Womens's match was harmless

Same with OJ and EY vs Ink Inc. Just a bit of light hearted fun

Lethal and Williams was a well fought match, but was kind of boring. Nothing really to get behind. They should of saved Lethals title win until this show, not on Impact weeks ago

RVD vs Abyss portrayed Hatred well and told a good story without the use of blood. Was Abyss's best match in ages

Sting, Nash and Pope vs Joe and Jarrett wasn't anything special, but it did set up the "They" Angle

Lethal Lockdown was alot of fun, what you'd expect really. Although the wrong team won, especially with Dreamer beating AJ

The main event was a really good match to, a perfect way to top off the show. I actually never figured Jeff was the one turning when the match started, but as it went on you could tell what they were going for. Not a huge fan of the turn, but it was something different and a great way to cap off the show

·
Registered
919 Posts
Turning Point 2009 was their last great PPV, probably the best.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Sacrifice 05

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
Lockdown 2007.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts