Wrestling Forum banner

Best TLC Match?

• E&C vs. Hardyz vs. Dudleyz (SummerSlam)

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • E&C vs. Hardyz vs. Dudleyz II (WrestleMania)

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • E&C vs. Hardyz vs. Dudleyz vs. Benoit & Jericho

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Kane vs. Bubba & Spike vs. Jericho & Christian vs. RVD & Jeff

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Edge vs. Ric Flair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edge vs. John Cena

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Edge vs. Undertaker

• CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy

• D-X vs. Chris Jericho & Big Show

• The Miz vs. Jerry Lawler

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In honor of the upcoming TLC PPV, what do you think has been the best TLC match thus far.

My vote goes for TLC II at WrestleMania X-Seven, my favorite match of that event and seeing it like made it 10x better.

·
EIRE
15,861 Posts
My favorite TLC match is easily Cena/Edge. I don't hate the WM 17 one but I don't think it's that great either. I used to love it for years until around 07 when I watched it last. I remember not liking it nearly as much. Maybe if I re-watched it now I would go back and like it but honestly I am too lazy to go find it and watch it again just to see if I might like it more than the last time that I watched it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I am probably the only guy in this forum who haven't seen the TLC match from Wrestlemania 17.Among the ones I have seen it's kind of a tie between Edge Vs Cena and Hardy Vs Punk

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
The original at Summerslam 2000. There just wasn't anything else like it at the time and it was one of those revolutionary matches. What really made it work though is that the guys actually sold the bumps. Most of the major bumps resulted in guys being out of the match basically, which really made the falls matter. And of course this was at the height of the WWF's Tag Team Renaissance (could really go for another one of those) as Edge & Christian, The Hardy Boys, & The Dudley Boys were setting the world on fire, and it was awesome.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
The original at Summerslam 2000. There just wasn't anything else like it at the time and it was one of those revolutionary matches. What really made it work though is that the guys actually sold the bumps. Most of the major bumps resulted in guys being out of the match basically, which really made the falls matter. And of course this was at the height of the WWF's Tag Team Renaissance (could really go for another one of those) as Edge & Christian, The Hardy Boys, & The Dudley Boys were setting the world on fire, and it was awesome.
Same here.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
Easily either Summerslam 2000 or WM17. I picked WM17 by a nose. Back then they were a bit fresher and I think they were able to set up the spots without looking too obvious.

In the more recent ones like Edge v Cena, I just found the spots so obvious. You knew what was going to happen 30 seconds before it did which ruined it IMO.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
The one I would pick isn't even on this list. That would be the true original TLC match, E&C/Dudleys/Hardys at WrestleMania 16 (the one listed being from WM17). Sure, it was technically a "triangle ladder match," but it had all the TLC elements to it.

That notwithstanding, of these, SummerSlam '00 kicks all others' asses.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I haven't watched the Summerslam 2000 match in a while, so I picked the one I saw more recently (WM X-7)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
The one from WM 17, for a long time i thought that was the first TLC match.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Agreed. That match was insane.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Singles-wise, I'd go with Hardy vs Punk, easily.

But overall, I'd pick the TLC from Wrestlemania X-Seven. Think about it: when you've had the SAME three teams essentailly perform the SAME match THREE TIMES at high-profile pay per views within a 12-month period, it'd be best by the third go-around.

·
Registered
895 Posts
X-Seven, my personal fave.

But really the first 3 were just insane. They set the bar so high nobody has ever come close.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Agree'd! Really makes me want to put in my Summerslam 2000 VHS.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
The one I would pick isn't even on this list. That would be the true original TLC match, E&C/Dudleys/Hardys at WrestleMania 16 (the one listed being from WM17). Sure, it was technically a "triangle ladder match," but it had all the TLC elements to it.

That notwithstanding, of these, SummerSlam '00 kicks all others' asses.
I do love that match and think people don't give it enough credit for kickstarting the TLC era in tag team wrestling.

But as it stands, my biase for all things WMX7 shines through here as that'd be my pick. But really, Summerslam 00 isn't too far behind.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
TLC III - SmackDown! 2001, for me. Firstly it was such a shocker that it was even happening, and then to top it off it was just an amazing match with some insane spots and a great little underlying angle with Benoit being sidelined.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Punk/Hardy. Not for action and spots only, but story telling was supreme. MOTY in WWE 2009.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
I voted for WM17 TLC2.

I'm glad you put E&C vs. Hardyz vs. Dudleyz vs. Benoit & Jericho on the list. That match deserves a mention. Actually I'd probably change my vote to that one.

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts
Punk/Hardy. Not for action and spots only, but story telling was supreme. MOTY in WWE 2009.
Forgetting the likes of Undertaker/Michaels and Mysterio/Jericho..?

It's between one of the first two for me. I find the WrestleMania one more memorable for whatever reason, maybe because it was on the grandest stage.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts