Best Superhero Movie of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
8,100 Posts
Of these GOTG 2 is the answer.

But I might add Wonder Woman maybe the most over-rated film of all time in my opinion.

It was not that good.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
Logan made me cry throughout the film especially towards the end. I think Logan is much more of a Super hero film, it's a Western and usually that old Cowboy protects the people and town so they can have a future, and that's what Wolverine did to his last breathe. Logan still my favorite Movie of 2017.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
1. Logan .. Not just the best superhero film, it's the best film of the year imo.
2. Thor: Ragnarok .. Incredibly funny and entertaining.
3. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 .. Same as Thor.
4. Wonder Woman .. The only DC movie that was balanced, Gal Gadot is very likable, the last act is terrible.
5. Justice League .. It was just there.
6. Spider-Man: Homecoming .. Very forgettable and disappointing, Pete Parker was good though.

Reactions: Stormbringer

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
For me Its Thor. Could have been home coming but the end fight scene was not that great.

Logan IMO is overrated. It was kind of boring at least to me.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Tom Holland surprised me and surpassed Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man. His performance was what Spider-Man is really about. He was hilarious. And I'm glad they didn't waste time with showing how he became Spider-Man as we already saw it twice. They got straight to the point and delivered.

The Punisher Netflix show easily outdoes all of them though and is the best live action comic book hero today.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I think technically speaking, Logan was the best superhero movie this year.

However I still went with Wonder Woman, because that brought out emotions in me that even suprassed Logan. It's been a long time that a movie made me feel the SUPERHERO in "Superhero movie" and Wonder Woman made me feel that over Logan by far.

Also Spider-man Homecoming and GOTG 2 were just not good to me.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts
Between Logan and Thor for me, also why is JL on this list? It's a superhero movie sure just like McDonalds burgers are burgers but you'd not list McDonalds in a discussion for best burger discussion.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
Haven't seen Thor or Justice League yet but...

Logan's by far the best, one of the best super hero movies period imo.

Second is either Gaurdians or Spiderman tough pick between those two.

And I was NOT impressed by Wonder Woman at all, very formuliac and over rated imo... that being said I could watch ten more if they all star Gal Gadot :lol

On a side note I think there should be a Superman movie in the same vein as Logan. Superman is such an iconic yet tired character than I think a burnt out, basically defeated Superman, would be a good fresh take on the character.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
On a side note I think there should be a Superman movie in the same vein as Logan. Superman is such an iconic yet tired character than I think a burnt out, basically defeated Superman, would be a good fresh take on the character.
Really? I honestly think the "flawed" and "messed up" Superman has been done to death lately. We basically just got that with Snyders universe. What I feel we actually need is a Superman in the same way we got Wonder Woman. We need a movie where he just embodies that classic feel good GOODNESS and hope. Just him doing the right thing for once and being that light.(Funny too how people were calling for Patty to direct a Superman sequel. Not suprised since that's essentially what we got out of Diana.)

If you want Superman being "burnt out", just go check out the awesome Injustice stuff.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
Really? I honestly think the "flawed" and "messed up" Superman has been done to death lately. We basically just got that with Snyders universe. What I feel we actually need is a Superman in the same way we got Wonder Woman. We need a movie where he just embodies that classic feel good GOODNESS and hope. Just him doing the right thing for once and being that light.(Funny too how people were calling for Patty to direct a Superman sequel. Not suprised since that's essentially what we got out of Diana.)

If you want Superman being "burnt out", just go check out the awesome Injustice stuff.
See I think we've gotten the young fresh full of hope and good Superman to death :lol

Sure Snyder's Superman was a little mopey.

"THEY'VE GOT MARTHA!" :eyeroll2

But he has far from old, broken down, and defeated. I also think his flaws were more coming of age issues about acceptance and learning oppose to actual flaws that make him less of a hero.

How about we meet in the middle and they do a Red Son movie??? :p

·
Premium Member
44,042 Posts
Lets rank 'em!

1) Logan = Easy choice for number one here. As a farewell from Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart in the roles they've played for so many years, it was a perfect and emotional ride. Where it excelled was in its simplicity. He told a very small scale story that was more character driven and engaging than most "End of the World" and "Doomsday" plots are.

2) Wonder Woman = Hey! DC made a good one! Good for them! While it did have some faults (the fight with Aries at the end = Ugh!), the movie succeeded in presenting its title hero as charming, admirable, naive, and heroic. The relationship between Diana and Steve Trevor is actually the film's greatest strength, and hey, except for the last fight, the action sequences are handled quite well too, with the "No Man's Land" sequence being a major highlight.

3) Thor: Ragnarok = The Marvel Studios films have become almost factory like in a way. I typically know what I'm getting when I watch one of those. Not great, not bad, quippy as hell, perfectly serviceable, but formulaic. This film falls into that somewhat, but manages to provide just enough to make it a standout among the MCU. The 80s-vibe invoked memories of Flash Gordon, and the main cast of characters are all fun too. Also, while Doomsday plots are being old hat, the little twist on it at the end was nice.

4) The Lego Batman Movie = Why is this not on the poll? Oh well. As a loving parody of the Batman legacy, this film is a must see. Its basically just a bunch of jokes that covers Batman's entire history, but its so energetic and so fun, I have to consider this a hit. Their portrayal of Batman is also brilliant as they basically took the "Because I'm Batman" meme and brought it to life. Its great.

5) Spider-Man: Homecoming = After having 5 previous Spider-Man movies, I was kind of "Spider-Man'd" out by this point, but his inclusion in Civil War was a success and seeing how else he could fit into the MCU was worth exploring. The end result was a very fun movie. Its probably the funniest MCU film to date, and I quite like this version of Peter Parker. Also, I liked that the plot centered around robberies rather than end of the world stuff. Michael Keaton adds something more to the film and there was a twist I did not see coming with him. Also, the film gets points for not redoing the origin AGAIN. So yeah, the film is fun...but that's about it. Its just a fun ride. It doesn't quite have the heart of the first two Raimi films, but manages to avoid the failings of weaker Spidey films, so it falls somewhere in the middle.

6) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 = This was a very safe sequel. I still like the characters and they were enough to give me something to enjoy, but overall, it just felt like they didn't want to stray too far from the first film and just play it safe. We get yet another doomsday plot, which if I haven't made that clear by this point, I am getting tired of it. And the emotional ending they were going for just didn't resonate with me. But like I said, the characters are still fun, and that is the main reason to enjoy it. I guess you could say it is the Ghostbusters II of the MCU.

7) Justice League = Woof. Basically, it was like the Avengers, but shitty. There's no other way to really say it. Everything about this movie has something that I could show as a parallel to the first Avengers film, but a shitty half baked version of it.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I enjoyed Thor Ragnarok the most but I have to say Logan was the best superhero movie this year with the better acting and cinematography. Could have done with a shorter farm subplot though. It dragged on and on and the payoff was the literal spiderman pointing at spiderman meme.

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts
Clicked Spider-Man even though I meant to vote Logan. :lol

My first thought was "which of the 3 MCU and Wonder Woman did I like best" and chose Spider-Man then realised I forgot about Logan. They've all got a pretty big flaw/s but Logan felt the freshest and carried the most emotion.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,143 Posts
Ragnarok, Logan and Wonder Woman are my definite top 3.

GOTG 2 was easily the worst. Even preferred Justice League over it.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Honestly outside of Wonder Woman and Spider-Man which were both grossly overrated, I don't think it is easy to pick out of those. Ragnarok and Justice League were two of the most fun times I've had in the cinema this year, meanwhile GOTG 2 managed to provide a near perfect sequel to a near perfect film which holds a special place in my heart and Logan finally delivered the Wolverine movie we've all wanted for the last fifteen odd years.

·
40,760 Posts
I haven't seen any of these movies :lol

I don't know how idealistic inspirational good guy Superman has been done to death when there's never actually been a movie with that character in it. Even Donner's original is not that way. It's a romance more than anything, not that his relationship with Lois is bad of course. It's critical to the character. Superman II he gives up his powers to be with Lois. This is selfish Superman.

We have never had anything close to All Star Superman on the big screen.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts