Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Re: Best Summerslam Opener Ever/The Dragon/Texas Tornado/Bulldog vs Warlord/Power & G

Nope it was a good match but I still think Mysterio-Kurt Angle was the best opening SummerSlam match from 2002.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Re: Best Summerslam Opener Ever/The Dragon/Texas Tornado/Bulldog vs Warlord/Power & G

Angle-Rey for me aswell, fantastic opener, with a great pace & some excellent counters.

·
Registered
101 Posts

I kinda liked the Hart Foundation vs. the Brain Busters at Summerslam 1989, tag match wise, but yeah, as far as singles go - Rey vs. Kurt at SS 2002. Back to the thread though, while not the best opener, it was pretty damn good.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts

Well for what it's worth I enjoyed Rikishi and Too Cool -vs- RTC from 2000, but that might have something to do with Victoria playing one of Godfathers ex Hos >.>

·
Registered
3,845 Posts

HHH v. Mankind for me.

·
Registered
941 Posts

Ziggler and Mysterio from 2009 was a great one too. I was there live and that was so great to see in person.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I always did like the Misterio vs Angle match but the problem I had with that one was Angle went from the main event at the PPV the month before to the opening match at the Summerslam 2002 PPV. I think the Summerslam 1991 opener has been getting overlooked for years and the goodguys in the match were the 3 best I-C Champs of all time, Texas Tornado, Steamboat, and the Bulldog.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts