Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just reminiscing on my favourite storyline since the PG Era. For me it was the Punk vs Cena storyline last summer. MITB 2011 gave me goosebumps when Punk walked down the ramp. I also liked the Rocky vs Cena feud but for me Punk vs Cena feud was the best storyline to date since 2008.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Last years summer of Punk was the only reason 2011 wasn't the worst year in the existence of the WWE, Punk single handily created multiplememorable moments that will go down as some of the greatest moments in WWE history whether yo're a punk mark or not. His shoot promo and the way in which he won the title and ran off through the crowd as well as his extremely loud entrance.

Or the two years of The Undertaker Vs HBK build up and road to wrestlmania was amazing.

Cena Vs The Miz as the main event of Wrestlemania is and was a disaster.

·
Starving for poutine
7,260 Posts
The Summer of Punk was the reason why I got hooked to WWE again. Am amazing storyline and the best I've seen since 2005.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I stopped watching from 08-early '11, but from an outsider view, Nexus.

It was completely different and was a perfect example of how you can get a bunch of random guys over as heels extremely easily.

Unfortunately they fucked it up, but the initial group was pretty good.

·
(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง (ง •̀_•́)ง
6,045 Posts
HBK/Jericho '08
Cena/Punk '11
Jericho/Mysterio '09
Mysterio/Punk '09
Mysterio/Rhodes '11
Christian/Swagger '09
HBK/Taker '09 & '10

All i can think of right now

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Nexus
Summer of punk

Taker/HBK - the only one they didnt botch.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Technically, the HBK - Y2J storyline wasn't during the PG era.

Anything to do with CM Punk was good (Nexus, Summer 2011 and the Straight edge Messiah).

·
Registered
609 Posts
I stopped watching from 08-early '11, but from an outsider view, Nexus.

It was completely different and was a perfect example of how you can get a bunch of random guys over as heels extremely easily.

Unfortunately they fucked it up, but the initial group was pretty good.
This. I youtubed a bit after coming back and saw Nexus invasion and was mindboggled at how they fucked that up. Then I watched for a few more months and realised it was standard WWE lack of follow through.

Summer of Punk/Conspiracy was also something that looked like it was gonna be amazing but fizzled out big time imo.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Technically, the HBK - Y2J storyline wasn't during the PG era.
Yes it was. They turned PG the same night Jericho smashed HBK's face into the Jeritron.

Y2J/HBK 2008
Orton vs the McMahons 2009
Nexus 2010(though they screwed it all up by firing Danielson)
Summer of Punk/Conspiracy 2011(again they screwed up)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Didn't HBK bleed in the American Bash 2008?
Yeah but they let it go. Orton bleed at NWO 2009. They didn't really "enforce" the no blood/violence thing until sometime in 2009.

·
KAMEHAMEHA!
18,185 Posts
The Flair-Michaels-Batista-Jericho Saga of '08 is probably the best storyline WWE has ever done. Again, if we're counting, the whole WrestleMania saga from 24 to 28 is also pretty solid.

Honourable mentions to Punk vs. Hardy Summer of '09, Michaels' desperation late '10 and the majority of the Nexus '10.

·
FAKE HAPPY
Born to lose, live to win
12,733 Posts
Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker
Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho
Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk
John Cena vs CM Punk

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
John Cena vs Cm Punk
HHH/HBK/TAKER (Four year long)
Nexus vs WWE

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.