Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
None really spring to mind, when you think of really amazing Smackdown! matches. I mean, when thinking of RAW you think HBK/Cena, HBK/Benjamin, Austin/HHH vs Benoit/Jericho, Christian/RVD, etc. What springs to mind for you?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Eddie Guerrero vs. Edge in a no DQ match from 2002 is way up there for me.

I remember Lesnar/Angle in an Iron Man Match being quite good. It had some of the problems Iron Man Matches have but it was still a damned fine match.

Chris Benoit vs. Steve Austin in late May 2001 is one of the best singles matches in the history of Smackdown, I'd offer.

Also, spring and summer 2009 has a lot of fine, fine work from individuals such as Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, Edge (before the Achilles tear) and John Morrison. I remember Morrison/Edge being given something like 20 minutes on Smackdown and I have to say, it rocked. So did the series Punk and Morrison had with each other that summer. And Jericho/Mysterio had some good encounters, especially a rematch from The Bash (the match at The Bash being MOTY).

Orton vs. Christian from last year was a tremendous match, too. (The match that started the entire feud right after Extreme Rules.)

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Edge vs Eddie Guerrero, some episode of 2002. NoDQ, ended with Edge giving Eddie an edgecution while standing on the ropes.

·
Banned
679 Posts
anything with drew mcintyre

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Every match that's already been mentioned is awesome. I'd like to throw in TLC 3 (E&C vs. Hardys vs. Dudleys vs. Benoit/Jericho) from May 2001.

Also some of the tag bouts from late 2002 featuring Edge & Mysterio, Los Guerreros and Benoit & Angle.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
HHH vs British Bulldog just for one of the best Rock moments of all time:

I remember being legit pissed at the Rock cause Bulldog didn't win the title.

·
Starving for poutine
7,260 Posts
TLC III
Edge vs Eddie (No DQ)
Benoit vs Austin (WWF Championship)
Lesnar vs Angle (60-minute Ironman)
Benoit/Angle vs Edge/Mysterio (2 out of 3 falls)
Any Team-Angle or WGTT match

·
Registered
873 Posts
Uh....Benoit vs Austin

Benoit vs HHH (Benoit's debut match where HHH tapped to the crossface after a ref bump)
TLC III
Brock vs Hogan
Edge vs Eddie no DQ
Bryan vs Punk
HHH vs Gillberg 99
Cena's debut vs Angle

that's just off the top of my head, not even looking at a good portion of the Smackdown six era with all its various Benoit, Eddie, Rey, Edge Angle combos

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Punk vs Bryan
Ziggler vs Bryan

haters gonna hate :D

·
Registered
983 Posts
Anything after the draft and before Summerslam on Smackdown in 2009. Even Mike Knox was putting on great matches, Smackdown was the best back then :(

·
Registered
375 Posts
Punk vs Bryan
Ziggler vs Bryan

haters gonna hate :D
All kidding aside if they didn't interrupt the recent Ziggler Bryan match and let it go on for 15-20 minutes or so it could've been up there.

Need to give some of these matches suggested earlier a watch, only seen Kurt/Brock out of them.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yeah, that time he lost to Santino Marella in a blindfold match was great.
5 star classic.

The word 'epic' has to be used to describe that match.

I will always remember where I was the night that this match happened.

I was having a piss break...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts