Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I truly believe the 2010 Royal Rumble was the last good one.

2011: Simply had too many guys in it. They tried making it seem like it would help the Rumble concept but in reality it made it worse. The final 2 being Del Rio and fucking Santino was a joke.

2012: Should have been Jericho, he's never won a Royal Rumble in his decorated career and 2012 was the PERFECT opportunity with his end of the world as you know it gimmick.

2013: Ah yes, the night where Punk just held the title for The Rock. We all knew it. As for the Rumble match, Cena winning was insanely obvious. Ryback was over and this simply killed him. Cena/Rock II absolutely DID NOT NEED the title.

2014: The one Bryan should have one, but wasn't even in the damn match! Batista was the #1 obvious choice and it didn't go so well. In fact they had to change the main event of WM because Batista Vs Randy Orton would bore us to tears. Batista didn't need this win at all. Total waste.

2015: I've always said, it wasn't because of Reigns winning. It was the way he won it! Seriously, they were trying to play off that Kane/Show still meant something in 2015. They were dumping fan favorites Bray, Ziggler, Ambrose out of the ring like pieces of trash. Awful ending.

If you had to pick one of these, what has been the best rumble since 2010?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Out of the ones you mentioned, I think Royal Rumble 2014 was the 'best' one out of the ones you listed. Not because I enjoy it but when you compare it to the other previous Rumbles, it did have it's good moments in the match. Batista winning and Bryan not appearing was shit. The funny thing is I actually enjoyed Roman Reigns' performance in that match.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
2012?

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I had to pick one I guess it'd be 2012. At least it had a very entertaining back and forth ending with Jericho and Sheamus.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I truly believe the 2010 Royal Rumble was the last good one.

2011: Simply had too many guys in it. They tried making it seem like it would help the Rumble concept but in reality it made it worse. The final 2 being Del Rio and fucking Santino was a joke.

2012: Should have been Jericho, he's never won a Royal Rumble in his decorated career and 2012 was the PERFECT opportunity with his end of the world as you know it gimmick.

2013: Ah yes, the night where Punk just held the title for The Rock. We all knew it. As for the Rumble match, Cena winning was insanely obvious. Ryback was over and this simply killed him. Cena/Rock II absolutely DID NOT NEED the title.

2014: The one Bryan should have one, but wasn't even in the damn match! Batista was the #1 obvious choice and it didn't go so well. In fact they had to change the main event of WM because Batista Vs Randy Orton would bore us to tears. Batista didn't need this win at all. Total waste.

2015: I've always said, it wasn't because of Reigns winning. It was the way he won it! Seriously, they were trying to play off that Kane/Show still meant something in 2015. They were dumping fan favorites Bray, Ziggler, Ambrose out of the ring like pieces of trash. Awful ending.

If you had to pick one of these, what has been the best rumble since 2010?
In all fairness every single one beside 2011& 2015 were fine on there own. The problem was the winner all ruined an otherwise a fun rumble match. I can tell you I enjoyed attending 2013 rumble myself. Some of the moments were fun to be a part of, Jericho suprise return to Godfather glad be there moment to marking out for Goldust to Kane catching then dropping Bryan to Kofi's chair hop.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Out of the ones you mentioned, I think Royal Rumble 2014 was the 'best' one out of the ones you listed. Not because I enjoy it but when you compare it to the other previous Rumbles, it did have it's good moments in the match. Batista winning and Bryan not appearing was shit. The funny thing is I actually enjoyed Roman Reigns' performance in that match.
For a breakout moment Reigns did a good job, too bad they ruined it by the next year. Reigns is pretty much the guy no one wants in Rumble at this point.

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
2014 easily

You started with CM Punk and Seth Rollins

Roman Reigns tying the record

Batista returning

That Kofi Kingston barrier spot

And honestly leaving Bryan out ended up working great cause te payoff at Wrestlemania XXX was better than if he would have simply just won the Rumble and got in the traditional way

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
For a breakout moment Reigns did a good job, too bad they ruined it by the next year. Reigns is pretty much the guy no one wants in Rumble at this point.
so true. Royal Rumble has been his PPV. Even when you go back to 2013. He attacked The Rock. 2014 he broke the record, last year he won it and tomorrow he COULD win it again. :vince

·
Salt of the Earth
16,366 Posts
With just a month or so build they've given us a Rumble where three men could win and odds are split against in the likes of Reigns and Lesnar who we know are definitely in the match and Triple H who isn't even confirmed to be in the match. Wyatt as an outside also gives us something fresh.

Could you imagine if we had a years worth of solid build up for the likes of Ambrose, Owens, Rollins etc. and we had every one of these top guys in next years Rumble and how unpredictable it would be. Just a shame the WWE only seem to care about one superstar at a time and make the Rumble usually so predictable.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
2014 easily

You started with CM Punk and Seth Rollins

Roman Reigns tying the record

Batista returning

That Kofi Kingston barrier spot

And honestly leaving Bryan out ended up working great cause te payoff at Wrestlemania XXX was better than if he would have simply just won the Rumble and got in the traditional way
Even with the payoff. That match still is average, thanks in no part to one of the worst final three in history and some wasted spots.

·
Registered
15,410 Posts
As far as RR matches go -- both 2014 and 2015 were atrocious WOAT contenders on an equal scale, 2015 might've been worse simply for the fact that the WWE didn't learn their lesson from the year prior. 2013 was passable simply because of how bad the next two were, but at the end of the day the only purpose it had was to set up a rematch that very few people wanted to see that year. 2011 was perhaps the most entertaining overall but went on for too long and ADR winning felt flat as f^ck. 2012 was extremely boring and Sheamus bombed badly in the end

2011 was the best one IMO -- but that really isn't saying much at ALL

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
so true. Royal Rumble has been his PPV. Even when you go back to 2013. He attacked The Rock. 2014 he broke the record, last year he won it and tomorrow he COULD win it again. :vince
If he wins tomorrow night, no amount of aftermath fuckery is going excuse that and we will have a sixth year in a row of the wrong winner.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
They were all shit, but the best one was 2012 of that bunch. Sheamus and Jericho had an entertaining back and fourth and I actuallly thought either one could've won (usually when its down to two its obvious).

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
As far as RR matches go -- both 2014 and 2015 were atrocious on an equal scale. 2013 was passable simply because of how horrible and uneventful the next two were, but at the end of the day the only purpose it had was to set up a rematch that very few people wanted to see that year. 2011 was perhaps the most entertaining overall but went on for too long and ADR winning felt flat as f^ck. 2012 was extremely boring and Sheamus bombed badly

2011 was the best one IMO -- but that really isn't saying much at ALL
Santino should have won, that would be funniest thing ever. He at least would have gotten a pop.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
They were all shit, but the best one was 2012 of that bunch. Sheamus and Jericho had an entertaining back and fourth and I actuallly thought either one could've won (usually when its down to two its obvious).
It was help by Jericho being part of it. Sheamus vs anyone else would have bombed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts