Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
Yes, simply because they were the two biggest stars in wrestling.

However my personal favorite, would have to be Triple H and Austin. The rivalry was so intense and EASILY could have headlined Wrestlemania X-Seven...Rock/Austin was just that bit bigger.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Austin/Rock, followed by Austin/Triple H and Cena/Edge, IMO.

· Registered
868 Posts
Angle v Austin :)

Earliest feud I can remember that had me going :)

The whole "What?" and Gold Medals in the river thing :) Classic

· Premium Member
721 Posts
Austin/McMahon, Austin/Rock, Sting/Hogan, HBK/Bret.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
I made a thread not so long ago in which i asked if the feud between Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock going into WrestleMania 17 was the most overrated of all time because there was not really even a storyline there. Of course there is no doubting how HUGE it was in 2001 because they were simply the two biggest stars in the wrestling industry by a HUGE distance but it was as if the booking team just simply relied on their star power to carry the feud without a storyline.

So with that being said i would always put the feud in 1999 going into WrestleMania 15 ahead of the feud in 2001 going into WrestleMania 17 and in 2003 going into WrestleMania 19 but as far as WWE goes overall because of how long it went on and off for. Because of how HUGE it was i would probably say that it was the best rivalry in WWE just ahead of Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart and Stone Cold Steve Austin/Vince McMahon because Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart only ended up having two matches out of their year and a half long feud and Austin/McMahon never really had enough matches as it was really wrestler against owner.

One feud that never gets a mention though as the greatest feud of all time and certainly should do is Sting and Ric Flair which started in 1988 and ended in 1999 before restarting for one night only on the last episode of Nitro. Some of the matches that the two of them had were classics and more or less carried the company up until The New World Order came along and then carried the company when it was going backwards after The New World Order had more or less finished in 1999.

· Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts
It was just a rivalry. Me Austin need beat you Rock.

It wasnt personal. It was just business. No clash of personality was there. Just one guy with the belt and Austin who was willing to go to hell and back to get it.

· Registered
225 Posts
Edge vs. Matt Hardy
CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy
Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar
Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle
HHH vs. Shawn Michaels
The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

If I had to pick one, though, I'd say the Shawn Michaels-Chris Jericho Rivalry (for how well done it was), or the Edge-Matt Hardy Rivalry (for how legitimate and personlly charged it was.)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.