Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Always sees what you don't
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets face it, we love Monday Night Raw!

To respond to this thread, please be at least someone who was following wrestling prior to the first ever RAW. If you are not, then please move on, I only want seasoned older fans opinions here.

What the the best RAW episodes to date, that u have to see and have never left you.

My top two are what I consider the best RAWs ever

1. Steph Kidnapped

Steph was kidnapped and who would help her - Vince tried, the corporation tried. Finally, Austin the man who hated Vince more than anyone in the world sucked it up and did what was right. He freed her - and was put on an Undertaker Cross.

Wow - you cant top that in terms of awesomeness.

2. RAW is OWEN

Sure we have had RAW is EDDIE and RAW IS BENOIT, but Owen was the one that hurt the most. Eddie died bc he abused his body and used drugs, Benoit because he snapped, but Owen died entertaining us.

MOst wrestlers are bad human beings (ie - Ric Flair, Jake Roberts, etc.) that drink too much and party and never think about their families. Owen was the exception - he was a family man. He was a good guy, and he died because we demanded people descend from ceilings to entertain us.

That night you saw the wrestlers break down and cry for the first time ever. Heels, faces they all cried. HHH looks like he cant even talk he was so upset, and this is a guy who hates Bret Hart Owens own brother. The Rock came out and showed how he loved Owen like no other. Mark Henry's poem - even Shane telling a Bret and Owen story when Bret was in WCW.

Wow - it was the best RAW I have ever seen in terms on one I will ever forget.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For me the best Raw Ever was the first Austin vs. Vince match where Austin had his arm tied behind his back. The build up to that match in that episode was just amazing. It was my favorite Raw ever.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
When austin was CEO over the wwf.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Raw Roulette 2002 for its unpredictability and The First Ever Episode back in Jan 93 because of the sheer amount of content they put into that one hour you would swear that after it was over that it felt more like a 1 and a half hour show

·
The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,022 Posts
Mine faves would be RAW is Owen(because I was there). RAW Roulette was also great. I also love the episode where Shawn Michaels came back and booked all these strange matches like Mick Foley vs Midieon and Viscera in a Hardcore Handicap Match, Big Show vs Paul Bearer, Debra vs Sable in a Evening Gown Match which was great for HBK commentary, Test vs The Big Bossman in a Nightstick on a Pole Match, Bradshaw vs Farooq in a Lumberjack Match, Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco vs The Mean Street Posse, Ken Shamrock vs Chyna, The main event was Steve Austin, The Rock, and Vince Mcmahon vs The Undertaker, Triple H, and Shane Mcmahon.

So yeah, it was a crazy RAW and all the matches was weird but I loved that RAW.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Lets face it, we love Monday Night Raw!

To respond to this thread, please be at least someone who was following wrestling prior to the first ever RAW. If you are not, then please move on, I only want seasoned older fans opinions here.

What the the best RAW episodes to date, that u have to see and have never left you.

My top two are what I consider the best RAWs ever

1. Steph Kidnapped

Steph was kidnapped and who would help her - Vince tried, the corporation tried. Finally, Austin the man who hated Vince more than anyone in the world sucked it up and did what was right. He freed her - and was put on an Undertaker Cross.

Wow - you cant top that in terms of awesomeness.

2. RAW is OWEN

Sure we have had RAW is EDDIE and RAW IS BENOIT, but Owen was the one that hurt the most. Eddie died bc he abused his body and used drugs, Benoit because he snapped, but Owen died entertaining us.

MOst wrestlers are bad human beings (ie - Ric Flair, Jake Roberts, etc.) that drink too much and party and never think about their families. Owen was the exception - he was a family man. He was a good guy, and he died because we demanded people descend from ceilings to entertain us.

That night you saw the wrestlers break down and cry for the first time ever. Heels, faces they all cried. HHH looks like he cant even talk he was so upset, and this is a guy who hates Bret Hart Owens own brother. The Rock came out and showed how he loved Owen like no other. Mark Henry's poem - even Shane telling a Bret and Owen story when Bret was in WCW.

Wow - it was the best RAW I have ever seen in terms on one I will ever forget.

Yes, the stephanie stuff on Raw was the best. The raw where austin saved her from the black wedding wasnt the same raw as when austin was put on undertaker's cross was it?

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
Sometime in 1996.

The episode where the Smoking Gunns had to face HBK & Ahmed Johnson and where Sunny had that birthday cake for Shawn, which she got a taste of instead!

I don't know, that one sticks with me because I was so young, but then again, I watched it over, and damn, I really digged that pairing of HBK & Ahmed.

·
Banned
89 Posts
can't remember the exact episode or year, but whatever one had stephanie mcmahon getting fired and having to be taken out of the arena was funny as hell! I think I liked that episode the best because it was the first time my friends watched wrestling and they thought it was cool as hell

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Well I'm not gonna do best since I haven't seen every episode of RAW and I doubt anybody on here has.

My favorite episodes are the one where Steph gets kidnapped, the return of SCSA to fight off ECW/WCW, the 1st ever RAW Roulette, RAW is Eddie and RAW the week after that when Team Smackdown invaded RAW.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
I agree - Steph kidnapped. Every raw in 1999 was just mindblowingly shit-your-pants amazing up until about September when Russo left... after that it was still fantastic but slowly decreased.

·
4X Efed World Champion
676 Posts
^^I think that Raw was the night after Survivor Series when The Alliance lost to the WWE. 2001 if I'm not mistaken.

I have a few favorites myself. The night Shane "bought" WCW was a great night. The night the nWo came on Raw and beat the shit out of the Rock, slamming the semi-truck into the ambulance he was in.

Raw honoring Eddie Guerrero was great. The show when they honored Benoit was great too (before we found out what actually happened.)

Also, the one where Nash introduced HBK into the nWo was a good one for me as well.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
My all time favorite episode of Raw was the night after Breakdown 98 when Austin lost the title. McMahon's title presentation to either Undertaker or Kane (who both pinned Austin at the same time) provided some of the most exciting television in wrestling history. As a viewer, I knew Austin was going to do something, but I didn't know what. Well, The Rattlesnake stormed the arena on a Goddamn Zamboni and attacked Vince McMahon! It was insane. Austin gets arrested, and as he's being dragged away and gives one of the most classic lines in the history of WWF programming "I ain't through with ya Vince! I ain't through with ya not yet by a long shot!". After that, McMahon is angry at Taker & Kane for not protecting them and makes the main event for Judgment Day: Kane Vs. Taker for the vacant title with Austin as the guest referee. Taker & Kane then attack McMahon and break his ankle! It was just some of the craziest, most wild, & exciting pieces of wrestling television I've ever seen and it was perfectly executed.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
September 22, 1997 at Madison Square Garden. The first time Austin gave McMahon the Stunner. The classic Cactus Jack vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley street fight. The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels each cut promos regarding Hell in a Cell. DX attacks Undertaker with a chair. A very good main event between Bret Hart and Goldust. An epic brawl involving 'Taker, DX, and the Hart Foundation. Just an incredible night.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
1 the nwo first night after the no way out return and them destroying austin and the rock - historic .. all memories comes to me from hogan and the giant to the raw vs nitro war everyone should see this episode top stuff

2 the one after wm 18 the split era begins lesnar debut hogan back to the hulk stuff and teamed with rock

3 night after ss 2001 vince fire hayman bring king and jr together again flair returns with stunning news wooooooooo

4 this is your life episode coooooool one

5 the tribute of eddie owen and benoit ( the wrestler )

6 the one when y 2 j got the wwf title from hhh ( yes i count it ) and linda promo about austin returning to backlash

and i have 10 or 20 more to go

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
My all time favorite episode of Raw was the night after Breakdown 98 when Austin lost the title. McMahon's title presentation to either Undertaker or Kane (who both pinned Austin at the same time) provided some of the most exciting television in wrestling history. As a viewer, I knew Austin was going to do something, but I didn't know what. Well, The Rattlesnake stormed the arena on a Goddamn Zamboni and attacked Vince McMahon! It was insane. Austin gets arrested, and as he's being dragged away and gives one of the most classic lines in the history of WWF programming "I ain't through with ya Vince! I ain't through with ya not yet by a long shot!". After that, McMahon is angry at Taker & Kane for not protecting them and makes the main event for Judgment Day: Kane Vs. Taker for the vacant title with Austin as the guest referee. Taker & Kane then attack McMahon and break his ankle! It was just some of the craziest, most wild, & exciting pieces of wrestling television I've ever seen and it was perfectly executed.
This wasn't my favorite episode persay but fuck, the months after SummerSlam 98 were fucking amazing.

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,802 Posts
My favorite RAW is from the night after WM 11 in '95 when HBK fired Sid who was his bodyguard, resulting in Sid attacking HBK and power-bombing him 3 or 4 times until Diesel (whom had beat HBK the previous night) ran Sid out of the ring leaving HBK kayfabe injured for several weeks. HBK is my favorite wrestler and the only reason why I enjoy this RAW is because this was the very beginning of HBK's face turn which resulted in one, if not the best WWE title run of all-time.

Some other favorite RAW moments/episodes:

British Bulldog lifting Mabel up all the way on his shoulders during the Allied Powers vs. Men on a Mission match back in '95.

1-2-3 Kid beating Razor Ramon and surprising everybody... while wearing that horrible bright blue attire in '93.

Yokozuna & Mabel attacking the Undertaker together, resulting in a broken orbital bone which caused him to wear that funky purple mask back in late '95 or early '96... just prior to Royal Rumble '96.

SCSA throwing the Rock's IC title (plus 20 other random items) into the Detroit River in '97 or '98. (In my hometown, haha I remember kids at school the next day saying they went and found the belt.)

New Age Outlaws pushing Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlie off the ramp in a dumpster in '98.

Kai En Tai attempting to chop off Val Venis' slong in '98.

DX impersonating NOD back in '98.

SCSA driving the Zamboni to the ring in '98 or '99 (?). (It was in my hometown of Detroit, it was the same Zamboni they use for the Red Wings games.)

Seeing Shane McMahon standing in a WCW ring.... on WWE TV back in '01.

HBK returning as a member of the NWO and re-uniting with his "brotha from another motha" aka "two dude with attitude" Kevin Nash and them doing their epic signature high-five followed by their signature pose in '02.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I agree - Steph kidnapped. Every raw in 1999 was just mindblowingly shit-your-pants amazing up until about September when Russo left... after that it was still fantastic but slowly decreased.
Absolutely! Any raw including the ministry of darkness era, rock and austin for the first time or austin's antics were out of this world good. The fans were just rabid non stop

1 - 20 of 25 Posts