Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have to give credit to whomever produced the men's royal rumble. It was awesome, I was able to watch every minute of it. It advanced quite a few storylines. Great job to the writers, producers and superstars.
All hail Paul Heyman

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,200 Posts
It was produced pretty well, but Brocks thing went on too long. And NXT should have been booked stronger. These are the guys that dominated at SSeries aren’t they?

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
This was one of the best produced Rumbles ever. Possibly the best produced. It really does seem like a Paul Heyman thing, and I think that will come out.

It was produced pretty well, but Brocks thing went on too long. And NXT should have been booked stronger. These are the guys that dominated at SSeries aren’t they?
Brock's thing had to go on longer than people thought it would. It's the hopping on one leg principle. If you ask someone to watch you hop on one leg, at first they might do it, but then they'll lose interest because they get used to it. You don't stop hopping then. You wait for them to tune back in because you are STILL hopping. Brock destroyed 13 guys, which was the record for a 30-man Rumble, which is the most dominant anyone has ever been in this sort of setting, which told the story enough and felt like it went deep. You had to get that deep feeling.

Eh, NXT was fine. Keith Lee was the first guy to knock down Brock, I believe. That's some real pro-wrestling shit right there. That registered with people. Keith Lee is now a commodity. Matt Riddle was there to show up, show some personality, do a few kicks and then get sent over. It was fine.

·
Registered
22,622 Posts
It was unlike any Rumble I've ever seen before really. The fact that you had one guy dominate literally the 1st half, he gets eliminated, then you have a legend return after 9 years to a huge pop, then you have Seth's stable dominate the Rumble, and you make a new star in the process.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
oh yeah. for me its the best one since 2008. every Rumble since then was just average or bad. I watched this one 2 times already. love it.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,492 Posts
Everything worked out well minus the slow plodding dominance of Brock Lesnar yes.

What made it special was Drew's crucial moment eliminating Brock and actually winning the whole thing while the crowd were clearly behind him for it.

Edge's return was nuts truly off the hook Reeks of Awesomeness!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Would disagree, dissapointed by some guys that had to job to Lesnar and if they wanted to get McIntyre over during the rumble they did wrong, the guy not only needed another guy to help him eliminate Lesnar but also he could only eliminate Lesnar after being low blowed.

What would have got McIntyre over is if he came out at like number 4 in the rumble after Lesnar tossed the previous 2 opponents with ease and shocked the wwe audience by eliminating Lesnar one on one and then going on to win the rumble.

·
Registered
437 Posts
both people that won it sucked. so no. and nothing was surprising either. we already knew edge and morrison were gonna be there, well except MVP.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,200 Posts
Would disagree, dissapointed by some guys that had to job to Lesnar and if they wanted to get McIntyre over during the rumble they did wrong, the guy not only needed another guy to help him eliminate Lesnar but also he could only eliminate Lesnar after being low blowed.

What would have got McIntyre over is if he came out at like number 4 in the rumble after Lesnar tossed the previous 2 opponents with ease and shocked the wwe audience by eliminating Lesnar one on one and then going on to win the rumble.
If they did all of that then what would be the point of the WM match? There would be nothing to overcome at WM if Drew was booked that strongly against Lesnar. That would be like Link bearing the shit out of Gannon in Zelda before he went against him in the final boss fight. Makes everything anti climatic. The fact that Ricochet lowblowed him first works perfect. Now Drew gets to beat Lesnar and overcome the Beast at his best with no distractions at Mania, which makes Drew look better in the long run.

both people that won it sucked. so no. and nothing was surprising either. we already knew edge and morrison were gonna be there, well except MVP.
If you want surprises then it’s best you stay off of wrestling forums and wrestling news sites lol. You weren’t supposed to know that Edge or Morrison were coming back. Most casuals didn’t. If you had Stayed off of here, then Edge would have probably been a great moment for you and you would probably think differently about the Rumble.

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
It was pretty good. Edge coming back was awesome. Mcintyre getting the win was good as well. Only thing I didn't like was Lesnar's time in the Rumble went onto long. Other than that a good Rumble and a good PPV to start off 2020.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
I honestly didn't like Edge's comeback. Goes to show you that both he and WWE's "Wellness Policy" are full of sh**. Spinal Stenosis is not curable and no sane doctor would clear someone with severe spinal stenosis to compete in a wrestling ring. Second thing is, a guy who was off for over 9 years comes in and eliminates active competitors as if he never missed a step?

Edge in real life has a fantastic creative mind for the business and that's where he should work in. Behind the scenes where he helps build talent and creative that translates to a better overall product.

Aside from that, it was a great Rumble and thank God they didnt have Rusev or Lashley in the Rumble as the both of them should be protected. The right guy won, and I wouldn't be surprised if the creative was changed from Reigns winning to Drew because of the pending stock crash.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,523 Posts
It was the best Rumble in years, and most importantly, it was MEMORABLE.

For most post-2006 Rumbles, I can only name the winner and MAYBE a memorable spot or return. I honestly couldn't tell you the difference between the 2009 and 2010 versions, for example. 2011 stands out because of the 40-man format, but other than that, so many of the recent ones blur together. 2020 will ALWAYS be remembered for Lesnar's dominance, McIntyre throwing him out, Edge returning, Rollins' crew running roughshod, and McIntyre winning. Great stuff.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Never like how Lesnar keep tossing guy just to break Braun's record (seriously,the live event at Saudi was considering as the record??)while they actually can pull Bray domination in 2015 to make Brock look like truly beast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts