• TLC

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that TLC's here what do you think was the best PPV of the year.

My vote goes for Money in the Bank. Every match on the card was watchable and the PPV was still great despite having two divas matches.

2nd place would go to WrestleMania 26.

And honorable mention goes to Elimination Chamber and the Royal Rumble.

·
#WWELogic
3,800 Posts
In a year where ALOT of Main Eventers LEFT and in the year you have to compare 2009 PPV's to 2010 PPV's it was a HORRIBLE year for PPV. Hell in fact after paying for tonights TLC I only paided for 2 PPV's all year.

Hell last year I think I paied for each and every PPV besides (Series & TLC)That said this year was nothing to cheer about overall most if not all PPV's as WHOLE under delivered and that's beeing nice.

Sure alot of the positives this year goes to the mid card, yest that's right I said it the MID CARD and a few surpising matches here and there. So here's my top 3 list for best PPV's as a WHOLE in 2010.

WWE Hell in a Cell 2010

Yes I said it, WWE HIAC 2010 a PPV in which I could not stand in 09 actually turned out to be quite if not at all very wacthable and re-watchable. Sure Taker/Kane & The Divas Matches aside your left with Edge/ADR, Orton/Sheamus (Not a Fan of the KOTR 2010, Miz/Bryan/Morriosn & Cena/Barett. Those four matches are worth the price of the DVD plus to see all those kids the second Cena lost was worth the price alone. For a PPV with only 2 weks in the making it overdelivered on all expectaons as I wacthed it as an early Christmas gift. A great pick up on DVD

WWE TLC 2010

Ugh you know it's been a bad year when two gimmick match PPV's are in my top three. In the changing of the times unlike 09 this years TLC actually came together very well. First off besides that horrible Tag Team match, each and every match had a stip that wasn't over used or overshadowed the match but helped to add to it. Something seen in the years before the gimmick match PPV's and something that the writers totally forgot about.

In fact again besides the tag team match every other match inculding the Divas match was more then watchable and sure while the IC Title shoul dhave had more time ( thank you Rhodes & Show segment) I really can't complain, sure Cena wins again but hey what else is the E going to do when all those C nation children fund there hero. But the WHC/Divas/IC/WWE & even Chairs match were leaps and bounds better then last year. ANd even Sheamus looked good thanks to a great sell job via Morriosn who really got a well desvered win. MOTN

WWE Extreme Rules

Yes what were you expecting in a year where 6 out of the years PPV's where gimmick matches this shouldn't come as a surpise and after what was a mediorcure WM 26 at best Extreme Rules delivered what Maina should have been besides (Taker/HBK II)

Again not a big Sheamus fan so I really couldn't care less about his match with Hunter on the PPV. Eevrything else delivered, Punk/Mysterio really stole the show and rightfully so. Add in a longer Tag Team Match, a better then expected Divas match with a slilly gimmick, great steel cgae match between Edge/Y2J should have been for the title, a watchable so called extreme rulses match betwee Swagger & Orton and then a great LMS match until the lame PG ending for the WWE Title.

Extreme rules while not great replacement for Backlash which they should have kept this PPV overdelivered at each and every level and really shawn as this years PPV of the year.

Stay Frosty

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hell in a Cell, Extreme Rules, T.L.C, Money in the Bank are all great. But I would give the cake to Hell in a Cell.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,816 Posts
Wrestlemania, Hell in a Cell and Money in the Bank. Honorary Mention goes to TLC.

The first hour of Survivor Series was awesome; first 45 minutes of Bragging Rights, awesome.

Summerslam's WWE Championship and WWE vs. Nexus matches were great.

Bourne vs. Jericho stood out at Fatal 4Way.

Royal Rumble was a perfectly, consistently solid pay-per-view with the best 'Rumble in years.

Elimination Chamber had two strong bookends with nothing in the middle.

Extreme Rules is all right.

Over the Limit was a disaster.

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
WrestleMania. Despite having the two worst PPV matches of the year on the card.

I'd probably rank Extreme Rules just behind, then TLC, then Money In The Bank.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
1. MITB

2. Night Of Champions
3. Extreme Rules

WORST:

1. Fatal 4-Way

2. Over The Limit
3. Bragging Rights

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I don't think there was one ppv that was far and away the BEST of the year. Here were my picks for the last few years:

2009: No Way Out/SummerSlam (equally amazing tie)
2008: WrestleMania XXIV
2007: Royal Rumble/WrestleMania 23 (another equally amazing tie)
2006: Unforgiven
2005: WrestleMania 21/SummerSlam 2005
2004: WrestleMania XX (by default, even though it was a disappointment)
2003: WrestleMania XIX
2002: SummerSlam (but I'd rather watch WrestleMania X8, as strange as that sounds)
2001: WrestleMania X-Seven

If it weren't for Kane/Undertaker, I'd say that Hell in a Cell was the best ppv of the year, because every one of those matches was awesome.

My pick would be either Night of Champions or TLC. NOC had a fun opener, the breakout performance of Daniel Bryan, a good women's match, a really good brawl in UT/Kane, and a classic main event with a feel-good ending. TLC had a shaky opener, but was also wall to wall fun. If the TLC match had gone on last, that probably would have been my vote. So yeah, I'm going with Night of Champions.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I can see people making the case for Money in the Bank, TLC and Wrestlemania 26. The funny thing about wrestlemania 26, it had the match of the year(Taker/Shawn Michaels) and Worst match of the year(Bret/Vince).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have to choose the TLC PPV. Wrestlemania disappointed me this year. Only the Taker vs. HBK match could satisfy me. TLC offered with the Fatal 4 Way, Sheamus vs. Morrison and the Divas Tables match three great matches.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I dont get how people dont even put Mania in there top 3? I dont understand it. It was EASILY the best show of the year, apart from Mania the rest of the PPV's were mainly 1/2 match shows. Mania had TONS of good stuff- Such as:

Shameus Trips, MITB, Cena Batista is awesome! Taker Micheals is amazing, Jericho Edge is really good, Punk Mysterios good fun, same with Orton Legacy.

Dont get it...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts