Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I was hoping for your hope. I was cleaning out my basement and found a ridiculous amount of old wrestling vhs tapes so I found a working vcr and thought I'd start watching them for the first time in ages. I found all the ppv's from 1998 and was wondering which ones you thought were the best. Don't include the Big 5 or Rock Bottom, I've watched those recently. I was reading some reviews on Amazon but those dumbasses don't have a clue what they're talking about (someone called the Summerslam Rock/HHH Ladder Match boring and the rest of the ppv mediocre). Thanks homies.

·
Premium Member
44,203 Posts
The big five from 1998 were fantastic that year. I loved the Royal Rumble. Wrestlemania XIV is one of the best Manias IMO. King of the Ring was certainly memorable to say the least. Summerslam 98 was one of the few times that SSlam felt like it was as big as Wrestlemania, and Survivor Series was nothing short of one of the most brilliantly booked nights in wrestling history.

I would say my favorite of the bunch is Mania XIV, but those five shows were really good. The B PPVs that year were mostly that. B PPVs. Not bad, with usually one big hook to make the show standout. For example, I ordered Judgment Day just to see whether or not Austin would be fired.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
Don't recall ANY 1998 PPV's being that good aside from one of the big 5 (WM) lol. It was a pretty bad time for good wrestling, and usually only the main event would deliver on a show, along with maybe one or two decent mid card matches, but very few are worth going out of your way to see.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Survivor Series and Summerslam were my favorites from 1998.

King of the Ring is very memorable as well...but that's pretty much only because of Taker/Mankind's Hell in a Cell.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'd go with Summerslam 1998. Just a great card top to bottom plain and simple.

Looking back, 1998 was to Austin what 1996 was to HBK, it was just him dragging the company on his own. I mean, nothing against Kane and Foley, but the only guy that can stand across the ring from Austin and look impressive that year was Undertaker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts