Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loved Piper, his entertainment value was off the charts.

Watch this, classic. Enjoy.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Good thread. I hope to see some more episodes. I will admit to having not seen a whole lot of the other than the 2 most famous one's with Jimmy Snuka and when Andre turned on Hogan.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wanted Andre in the Pit? You got it.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
haha, Piper is class!!!!

·
18,013 Posts
There is so many great moments with Piper that stick in mind for me, his promo against Bret Hart going on about making sandwiches and tying shoelaces, the Bad News Brown stuff he did, his segment with Downey Jnr and the fire extinguisher, his match with Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 8 was one of the BEST matches out there, him being on crutches and helping Virgil against Ted Dibiase, I also really enjoyed his commentary work too.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
I have always played it out in my head how a promo between Golden Era Piper vs 98-99 Rock would have went.

·
18,013 Posts
I have always played it out in my head how a promo between Golden Era Piper vs 98-99 Rock would have went.
That would have been awesome!!!!! :lol

Roddy Piper, in my opinion was one of the best on the mic of all time!!!! I know that's a bold statement, and I know people have different opinions, but me personally, I feel he was.

Other people I have to include in this would be The Rock, Jake Roberts, John Cena (Yep, Cena), CM Punk, Heenan, Heyman and Ted Dibiase being way up there!!

And I know I may get shot down for this, but I have to give The Miz credit too, I wouldn't in any way put him in the greats list right now, but he's definitely got a natural knack on the mic too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny as hell. He was the perhaps top 3 in the charisma factor and comedy
And of course the classic with Jimmy Snuka.. ONE COCONUT....well you see the rest.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Morten Downey Jr. "yes Mr. Piper" was a great segment. The Brother Love stuff could have been dropped

·
Likes wrestling....
8,223 Posts
That would have been awesome!!!!! :lol

Roddy Piper, in my opinion was one of the best on the mic of all time!!!! I know that's a bold statement, and I know people have different opinions, but me personally, I feel he was.

Other people I have to include in this would be The Rock, Jake Roberts, John Cena (Yep, Cena), CM Punk, Heenan, Heyman and Ted Dibiase being way up there!!

And I know I may get shot down for this, but I have to give The Miz credit too, I wouldn't in any way put him in the greats list right now, but he's definitely got a natural knack on the mic too.
Several interesting points....

-I do agree as much as I hate the Miz he is good on the mic.

-Piper is certainly a top 5 guy on the stick, probably number 1, which leads me to my list of the greatest wrestlers all-time on the mic,
1. Roddy Piper
2. The Rock
3. Arn Anderson
4. Jerry Lawler
5. Dusty Rhodes
6. Stone Cold Steve Austin
7. Jake Roberts
8. Austin Idol
9. Ric Flair
10. Randy Savage
11. CM Punk
12. Masked Superstar
13. Masked Assasin #1
14. Superstar Billy Graham
15. Dutch Mantell
16. Ted Dibiase
17. CM Punk
18. Kurt Angle
19. Eddie Gilbert
20. Road Dogg

-My favorite Piper's pit has to be the Snuka coconut incident.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I always felt Foley's sit down interview with Ross and the promo right before he debuted Cactus Jack at MSG on RAW were influenced by the video OP posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts