Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this feud right now between John Cena and Randy Orton have the potential to be the Best Feud in their career rivalry so far? You can see the hype that has been made for this match. If not, then when was the best one?

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I think so. There's more depth in their characters this time around and, because there's also a supporting cast (HHH/Bryan) with more on the line, it really makes it feel like a bigger deal.

I don't really want it to continue beyond TLC, though. I hope TLC is it and then they move on to other feuds in the build to WrestleMania.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Let us be realistic, the crowd were chanting daniel bryan whilst they were promoting the match. People on this forum love it but real people outside of the iwc hate it.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Any other more opinions about the feud?
Their feud in 2007 was BY FAR their best feud, too bad it was cut short, it helps when their match at Summerslam felt epic because it was the first time they've had a match in that capacity.

After that they booked the feud terribly, they kept putting them in matches every PPV for a long time instead of keeping that matchup fresh, & the only time Orton got a clean win was a non-feud Raw match in 2010, & that only happened because Orton was in a superman booking phase beating everybody clean.

·
Registered
755 Posts
- His feud with The McMahons/HHH (minus the WM25 match).
- His entire feud with Christian producing MOTY candidate every time they've had a match.
- His feud with CM Punk.

Just to name a few.
WWE posted pictures of their top 20 feuds and Christian x Randy Orton happens to be one of them.
For me, his feud with Christian was one of the best and they work so well together. Enjoyed their matches even more than Cena/Orton.
The last match I've ever actually liked was the Bragging Rights/Iron Man match of Orton/Cena.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Unfortunately this feud has not connected with the fans. Orton peaked a few years ago and his whole act seems forced now

The fans keep chanting Daniel Bryan and boring everytime orton comes to the ring. The fans want Daniel Bryan to have a run with the title and are not happy or invested in this current feud.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
WWE posted pictures of their top 20 feuds and Christian x Randy Orton happens to be one of them.
For me, his feud with Christian was one of the best and they work so well together. Enjoyed their matches even more than Cena/Orton.
The last match I've ever actually liked was the Bragging Rights/Iron Man match of Orton/Cena.

I agree that their matches were better than Cena/Orton, Orton & Christian have great chemistry together, the type of chemistry where whenever you put them in the ring together & give them enough time, there's a 100% chance of the match being a 4+ star match.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
This "feud" has only been going on for three weeks... doesn't even feel like it qualifies. I will say one thing though; That moment when they had Kane, Cena, HHH and Steph staring down at him was fantastic. It felt like something could really be driven from that. Orton the wounded predator back into a corner, the fans, the wrestlers, everybody against him. It was quite poetic. Of course now we have the pay off match so any progression on that has been cut short.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts