Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, according to several sites WWE is going to release a WCW PPV Collection DVD/Br. That of course is great, as all WCW sets are awesome to have.

From all the WCW PPVs, what are some matches or segments you want on there? Some that come to mind right now are obviously matches from the Sting vs. Hollywood Hogan feud and Bret Hart matches. And on the other side, there should be matches on mostly there as well that haven't been released before.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
I really hope we do not get doubles. Dean Malenko Vs. Ultimo Dragon from Starrcade '96, I don't think is on any of the DVD sets, so I'm hoping it's included here. I wouldn't mind seeing Ricky Steamboat Vs. Steven Regal from Fall Brawl 1993 on the set. I'm not sure if Rick Rude Vs. Ric Flair from the same event is on DVD. I haven't looked through the previous Flair DVDs in a while.

I'm definitely looking forward to this, though. More WCW Blu-Ray is a plus for me.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We’re hearing today that the new WCW PPV Matches DVD/Blu-ray on the way for next year will now be the first title released in an ongoing series.

Much like The Best of WCW Monday Nitro which began in 2011 and had two Home Video compilations released to date, the new WCW PPV Matches series is currently planned to be spread across multiple DVD and Blu-ray volumes in the same vein.

The two reported working titles “Best WCW PPV Matches” and “WCW Pay-Per-View Collection” have now been scrapped in favour of the new format.

WCW’s Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches Vol. 1 will be released on March 11th, 2014.
Yes!

·
Registered
854 Posts
I used to watch WCW on Belgian television, in the 90ties, until they stopped airing it a couple of months later.
Most matches/events are a haze, but I do remember Booker T losing the rights to the T in his name :)russo).

Been a fan ever since.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to watch WCW on Belgian television, in the 90ties, until they stopped airing it a couple of months later.
Most matches/events are a haze, but I do remember Booker T losing the rights to the T in his name :)russo).

Been a fan ever since.
Yeah, I've started watching wrestling in the early 90's on German tv. With mainly 'the surfer' Sting, Vader and Ric Flair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts