Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just realised Ive never seen a WCW PPV - seen highlights and some of the individual matches but never a whole ppv - not sure you could even get them in England I dont remember ever seeing it advertised on sky or anything and I didnt really watch WCW that much anyway just the early NWO period then occasionally flick over when raw was shit.

Anyway think I should watch one so which should it be? I want it to be NWO era as well thats the most interesting period for me

preferably featuring hall & nash, crow sting, goldberg, regal, jericho & raven

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Best nWo era PPVs are anything from the summer they debuted (GAB '96 - Fall Brawl '96, with Havoc and Starrcade '96 also being good).

As far as post-Sting PPVs, all you really have before they killed his push are Starrcade '97, SuperBrawl '98 and Uncensored '98.

But, I guess one that really stands out and features Sting prominently is Uncensored '97. One of the best endings to a PPV ever. For months, they teased what side of the WCW/nWo war Sting would be on, and then they paid it off big time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Best nWo era PPVs are anything from the summer they debuted (GAB '96 - Fall Brawl '96, with Havoc and Starrcade '96 also being good).

As far as post-Sting PPVs, all you really have before they killed his push are Starrcade '97, SuperBrawl '98 and Uncensored '98.

But, I guess one that really stands out and features Sting prominently is Uncensored '97. One of the best endings to a PPV ever. For months, they teased what side of the WCW/nWo war Sting would be on, and then they paid it off big time.
Nash was on the Steve Austin podcast and he said that when him and Hall first jumped to WCW and teased a third member they still didn't know until the day of the PPV that Hogan would be on board. He said Sting would have been the backup plan I thought that was interesting.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Every ppv from 96 was legit solid.

Every ppv from 98 was solid too.

1997 is the year to avoid.
Spring Stampede, Slamboree, BATB, Road Wild, Fall Brawl, Halloween Havoc, WWIII, Starrcade all have bad cards and are hammered to this day. Mid-1998 was when the decline really went into full effect, as Austin won the WWF title at Wrestlemania shortly before Savage won the world title at Spring Stampede (WAY too early for Sting to lose), only to lose it to Hogan the next night. 1997's PPVs didn't have the best cards either but 1998 was still a HUGE decline from 1996.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts